Disney Parks Imperial Comlink Bluetooth Communicator

Yea it looks great as a functional prop but when holding it the only think that could have been better to me is the black section. Til you hold it you can't tell. It's a sticky soft rubber. Something almost like one of those 25 cent gummy slap hand toys lol.
The stickiness helps it stay in the clip but also helps it collect every bit of lint or dust quickly. I also worry about the longevity of the rubber.

I think I need this lol.

I've been looking at building an Imperial comlink to go with my TK helmet and E-11. This is probably the answer..and it can be paired to my phone!

I'll have to try that mail order number, or if that fails hit up one of you locals or someone going to a park, if you're willing to help.

Yea it looks great as a functional prop but when holding it the only think that could have been better to me is the black section. Til you hold it you can't tell. It's a sticky soft rubber. Something almost like one of those 25 cent gummy slap hand toys lol.
The stickiness helps it stay in the clip but also helps it collect every bit of lint or dust quickly. I also worry about the longevity of the rubber.

You think it's similar to the issue with the rubber grips of the Master Replicas sabers? I know that there's a solution for that.

Is the stickiness intentional?

You think it's similar to the issue with the rubber grips of the Master Replicas sabers? I know that there's a solution for that.

Is the stickiness intentional?

Nah I have that issue with my MRs as well but not the same thing. Best explanation I can give is it's like one of those sticky pads you can put down to hold your phone but really soft. Like soft enough you could pinch one of the fins with your nails and it would tear off. I've started thinking about replacing it with a solid part but haven't gotten far because it doesn't bug me that much yet.

Nah I have that issue with my MRs as well but not the same thing. Best explanation I can give is it's like one of those sticky pads you can put down to hold your phone but really soft. Like soft enough you could pinch one of the fins with your nails and it would tear off. I've started thinking about replacing it with a solid part but haven't gotten far because it doesn't bug me that much yet.

Hmph, interesting. Is that how it's suppose to hold itself onto the belt clip?

Love it! I called the Disney merchandise number. The recording says to check the Disney Park Store mobile app. I checked the app and the website and neither offer/recognize this product yet.

Hmph, interesting. Is that how it's suppose to hold itself onto the belt clip?

Exactly. I would've liked maybe a rubberized plastic or even a plastic with maybe a c clip that you push the comlink into for the belt. Either way it works great, has decent volume, looks cool, and the price is right.

Plus I don't think it's been mentioned that the comlink has all movie sounds when turning on, pairing, and taking calls.
So it's cool for even those who don't use it with a phone and wanna use it with a costume.

Exactly. I would've liked maybe a rubberized plastic or even a plastic with maybe a c clip that you push the comlink into for the belt. Either way it works great, has decent volume, looks cool, and the price is right.

Plus I don't think it's been mentioned that the comlink has all movie sounds when turning on, pairing, and taking calls.
So it's cool for even those who don't use it with a phone and wanna use it with a costume.

Would be neat to see a video. I was looking but no one made one yet. Thanks for the insight!

Would be neat to see a video. I was looking but no one made one yet. Thanks for the insight!

https://vimeo.com/188027993

I would try to get you something better but I don't have a way to make a call to myself at the moment. I believe it's the same sound for the calls and you press the button to answer. As you may also see in the video the rubber lines are not straight around the buttons.

Also I've never put a video on RPF so I have no clue if this will work.

These are not ours but a product of Disney just like the cuffs. I plan on picking up a few of these on my next visit to the parks. I am pretty excited !

This makes me wish that I had a smart phone to use the thing, but alas, I do not. It looks pretty neat, though.

Also, as for buying one, call the Disney Parks Merchandise Mail Order. You can buy Disney park products from the hotline as long as you know the name of the item and what shop is selling it, I've bought park things through the mail order line numerous times over the years. Then number is 877-560-6477.

Here is the number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regarding the material issues brought up -- and general "prop replica" level accuracy stuff... The original was made from one of the dummy engine cylinders also used for the heat sink grilles on Han's blaster and the Merr-Sonn blaster, with one of the Hovi-Mix aerators for the top. So having it made of rubber is already a problem, because rubber won't take or hold the crips lines the original plastic part had. I'm tempted to get one of these, pull the guts out, and pack the functional components into an accurate casing, which one can put together for about ten bucks.

--Jonah

Regarding the material issues brought up -- and general "prop replica" level accuracy stuff... The original was made from one of the dummy engine cylinders also used for the heat sink grilles on Han's blaster and the Merr-Sonn blaster, with one of the Hovi-Mix aerators for the top. So having it made of rubber is already a problem, because rubber won't take or hold the crips lines the original plastic part had. I'm tempted to get one of these, pull the guts out, and pack the functional components into an accurate casing, which one can put together for about ten bucks.

--Jonah

My same thoughts exactly. Would be quite easy.

--Jonah

Exactly. The funny thing is I already have all the parts for making an extra accurate comm piece :) I might do it like this if buying the Disney one

View attachment 674136View attachment 674135

"One of the coolest items I found was the Imperial Comlink Bluetooth Communicator. A comlink is a standard handheld communication device used by the Empire. You might recall seeing it used in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope when Luke Skywalker communicates from the trash compactor with C-3PO.

This Bluetooth enabled device allows you to take calls and play music when connected to your smart device. It’s rechargeable and comes with a belt clip. Just to give you a sense of the comlink in action, I borrowed a replica Stormtrooper costume offered for sale at Star Wars Launch Bay to create the lead image in this article. Being a long time Star Wars fan, it made for an incredibly fun afternoon at the office."

Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...products-coming-to-disney-parks-in-fall-2016/

They should have made a droid caller version, but this is nice as hell...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back