Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

I will help you out buddy!

Post your name address and phone number and I will make sure that info gets out right away to you!

I have my kit. I'm actually considering using the raw abs pieces to make my own molds.

Is anyone familiar with making molds and what the best material would be for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. But making clay molds from the negative space in the armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, I've read this a couple of times - how is that "not really"? I'm honestly curious as there seems to be some difference in your mind between nasty recasting and you know, just honest, well-intentioned making a cast of a licensed sculpt for the purpose of duplicating it.

Did anyone here order just the OT Stormtrooper helmet and received it yet? I put my order in at the very end of February, but so far... bupkis. I get filling the full armor sets first, but what about the rest of us?

Not yet, ordered one the end of January.

I ordered my completed ensemble the day they went on sale and last response I got from customer support was that they were delayed. I would probably receive the soft goods first.

I forgot that they're selling completed armor sets, so I'm sure the stand-alone helmet orders will be filled last... d'oh!

The protective plastic actually made my armor look glossier than it really is, as in once I took the film off, the actual ABS is less shiny.

And I actually noticed that some of my leg pieces were formed backwards, meaning the protective film was on the inside of the part. :(

Had a look at the helmet again, it's not got the protective film on, on looking closer, the dome and back half seem quite shiny, but the face plate definitely isn't shiny at all (possibly moulded in reverse as Dann has mentioned)

It very well could have some parts that were formed backwards. I think I once heard someone say there's a shiny side and a less shiny side to the ABS.

Awesome! Thanks so much for this. I have an old AP hero style helmet, and half of it is yellowed, right down the center on one side, like Two-Face.

Definitely gonna try this. Thanks again.

anyone else receive a shipping notice for the soft parts? I've just got mine but all it says is being shipped is the jacket, pants and gloves, no mention of the holster or neck seal. I've emailed Anovos querying it.

anyone else receive a shipping notice for the soft parts? I've just got mine but all it says is being shipped is the jacket, pants and gloves, no mention of the holster or neck seal. I've emailed Anovos querying it.
Have you opened your armor kit? The holster is attached to the belt and the neck seal is rolled up in the bag with the velcro.

Yep, finally, and only a month after the LAST promised shipping date, there's a finally a light at the end of this order. And, yeah, neckseal is rolled up in a little ball with the strapping, and the holseter is attached already - all that's outstanding is the pants, jacket, boots, and bonus rubber E-11 and boots they're going to throw in for dragging this process out so needlessly.

12938211_10153985292405211_5179389763799989737_n.jpg

I'm finally getting ready to dive into this thing. it's MUCH easier with the snippers than it is the box cutter.

It'll require a little dremel sanding after this, I think.
Right now, i'm just concentrating on the getting the chest plate and shorts display ready.

If I can get that looking good with the helmet, i can get to start on the arms

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back