Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

I just ordered the Classic Stormie completed and was emailed a 10% coupon off of my next order. Will Anovos let me cancel my existing Vader helmet preorder and reorder with the coupon? I wouldn't mind saving $50 bucks...

Thanks

yup i do that as well I order, get promo code, cancel, then order again using promo code I just dont want to do it this time based on their response time who know when my initial order would get cancelled I dont want $$$ out there for a month with no reply

I think the 501st is funny. All these requirements. I was a member back in 1998-9, with AFX/GF armor. Before all these new armor discoveries, like the RS Props original ANH suit, etc.

I find it funny that now they require all these nitpicky things in order for you to become a member. I see tons of AFX suits, still. What gives? How can they be members with all the inaccuracies of that suit? It's a fan sculpt! Granted, GF did one hell of a job sculpting it, and for awhile it was the best thing a fan could get aside from the real, screen used, reworked ROTJ suit.

I just find it a bit trite and counter productive that they're so scrutinizing with their requirements.

Heh, I wonder if I'm even still a member. Probably not. Just seems like some areas of the hobby have lost a good bit of innocence.

Anyway, all that aside, I ordered my boots, and proper hardware. Can't wait to strap in and start assembly! Everything's already trimmed and ready to go!

yup i do that as well I order, get promo code, cancel, then order again using promo code I just dont want to do it this time based on their response time who know when my initial order would get cancelled I dont want $$$ out there for a month with no reply

Thanks, Cry-Lo! I now have to debate if it's worth being back of the line for Vader to save the money. Decisions, decisions...

was there a tier 1 for vader?

Also has anyone bought the FO fiberglass helmet yet? did their shipping prices go up? I remember when I placed the order for the kylo helmet they had multiple shipping methods available and 2 day fedex only cost around $12. Now when I bought this FO helmet this morning there is only 1 option (4 day fedex) and cost $22

I think the 501st is funny. All these requirements. I was a member back in 1998-9, with AFX/GF armor. Before all these new armor discoveries, like the RS Props original ANH suit, etc.

I find it funny that now they require all these nitpicky things in order for you to become a member. I see tons of AFX suits, still. What gives? How can they be members with all the inaccuracies of that suit? It's a fan sculpt! Granted, GF did one hell of a job sculpting it, and for awhile it was the best thing a fan could get aside from the real, screen used, reworked ROTJ suit.
And they still allow EFX buckets, just as long as you replace the stickers. Because clearly THE STICKERS are the problem with that helmet.:rolleyes The other baffling thing to me is why anyone bothers with anything above basic approval; from what I've seen, nearly every single person who says they've achieved something beyond immediately then says something along the lines of "of course, I'll change that after I get the pictures taken, and troop without (insert micro detail they're so proud of here)." What is the point of certifying higher and then never actually trooping it?

Last edited:
And they still allow EFX buckets, just as long as you replace the stickers. Because clearly THE STICKERS are the problem with that helmet.:rolleyes The other baffling thing to me is why anyone bothers with anything above basic approval; from what I've seen, nearly every single person who says they've achieved something beyond immediately then says something along the lines of "of course, I'll change that after I get the pictures taken, and troop without (insert micro detail they're so proud of here)." What is the point of certifying higher and then never actually trooping it?

The point is showing that you have it, and can do it anytime you want to.

The ONLY thing people generally change from higher level certs is wearing more comfortable gloves, especially in hot weather climates. Rubber chemical gloves SUCK in the sun. Everything else you do for higher level certs isn't really conducive to casually change, so I'm not sure where you're pulling this from.

Also, your information is out of date: "FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals." (See: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero )

The point is showing that you have it, and can do it anytime you want to.

The ONLY thing people generally change from higher level certs is wearing more comfortable gloves, especially in hot weather climates. Rubber chemical gloves SUCK in the sun. Everything else you do for higher level certs isn't really conducive to casually change, so I'm not sure where you're pulling this from.

Also, your information is out of date: "FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals." (See: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero )

"FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals." What about the old approvals? Shouldn't the old members who still wear the fugly FX change it asap, for Emperor's sake? That FX helmet, compared with what we have today, looks like a Rancor fart.

"FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals." What about the old approvals? Shouldn't the old members who still wear the fugly FX change it asap, for Emperor's sake? That FX helmet, compared with what we have today, looks like a Rancor fart.

Feel free to take it up with the powers that be. It's hardly my call.

And feel free to go up to everyone with the old helmet, which was approved when they dropped $$$ on it, and tell them they can't wear it anymore. Personally. In real life. Away from a keyboard. As in, face to face.

Feel free to take it up with the powers that be. It's hardly my call.

And feel free to go up to everyone with the old helmet, which was approved when they dropped $$$ on it, and tell them they can't wear it anymore. Personally. In real life. Away from a keyboard. As in, face to face.

I'm not 501st, neither do I intend to join. If any of these FX guys travel to my country I'll tell them face to face, like you want, that the FX helmet sucks and that there are nice options today, but due to my health condition I cannot go myself. Just to be clear on this.

This whole argument is moot anyway, because the original poster who set it off said they still approve EFX helmets, not FX helmets. Two completely different things (although the EFX CE helmet is kinda crappy).

A nice comparison right here on RPF - FX vs TE: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=22954&page=2&p=314741&viewfull=1#post314741

ArmorComparison1.JPG

FX vs MR CE/EFX PCR (courtesy starwarshelmets)

FX_CE_helmet_compare_3_web.jpg

Don Post vs RTmod circa 07 vs FX (courtesy carbonitekid FISD)

DSCN2211.JPG

The FX looks more like the Don Post version... it was ok for its time, but is obsolete now

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back