Firefly - Han Solo Carbonite Paint Question

keelhauler

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone here painted/weathered the 12" Han Solo in Carbonite to look the one in Firefly? I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions as to what the prop guys may have done to make it look like its does.

The images below show the original carbonite block, then the Firefly version.

Thanks everyone!

~KH

It might even just be the yellowish lighting...

It never occurred to me that it might be the lighting. Hmm...

Yep... I feel that way too. Mine looks that way depending on the lighting.

Really!?! I'll have to try out some different lighting and see what happens!

I don't think they did anything to it. :)

Well, that sure would save some time and effort, wouldn't it!?!?:lol

Personally, I still can't help but think they did a little something to it, though. Either way, I'd like to achieve that look without lighting, if possible! F-N-S, I like you idea of painting it bronze and then weathering it! Perhaps I'll give that a go and see what happens!

Thanks for the input everybody! It's appreciated! :cheers

i watched the complete series in english and in german within the last few month but i didn´t noticed the solo panel...
nice find!

i watched the complete series in english and in german within the last few month but i didn´t noticed the solo panel...
nice find!

It is pretty neat that they included 'ole Han! But I can't take credit for first noticing it! Actually, it's pretty old news. I first noticed Han in the episode Heart of Gold, sometime early last year (I was actually getting screen grabs for Mal's pistols at the time). Naturally, I got excited about it! So, I got online to see if others knew about and sure enough, loads of folks were already savvy to it!! That's how I found out that Han also appears in The Message next to Kaylee's hammock!!

So, is it the 12" figure version that cam with the 12" action figure. (doll :lol ) Or is it the expensive 12" sculpture?

I'm not really sure. The one I have is the cheapy 12" figure version, so it stands to reason that the one in the show is the other, expensive version!!!

Can't tell about the one behind Mal, but Kaylee is in her hammock there in "The Message," listening to Tracey's recording, the doc comes in to speak to her but doesn't.

The one behind Mal is in "Heart of Gold." Mal is sitting and the table in the galley cleaning his guns.

Yeah, I got the chepy one too. :lol I think they say in the visual companion that it also shows up in the cockpit a few times, but I've never been able to spot it there. (it would have made since as one of Wash's toys. )

Ditto!! I have watched Firefly at least 3 times through and have never seen that! Very Cool. What Episode is it in?

I'm not really sure. The one I have is the cheapy 12" figure version, so it stands to reason that the one in the show is the other, expensive version!!!

The one behind Mal is in "Heart of Gold." Mal is sitting and the table in the galley cleaning his guns.

I have the Attakus Version ($315) I paid $225 for it & I think I have a 12" Version that I bought from Mirax_H over at TDH. I will have to go over to my storage unit & find it & compare. But I think that the Attakus one is "Thicker".

I'll do some research & see what I can figure out.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back