Cheap DIY ghostbusters costumes

TK-Fett

Sr Member
Hey guys I need to assemble 4 CHEAP ghostbusters suits. Ive got most of it figured out but need to find the khaki jumpsuits for cheap. They dont have to be accurate or very durable just close in color and cheap.

Any ideas?

You can get flightsuits from military surplus stores,I paid $40 for mine,or you can check thrift stores for other types of jumpsuits.

I've also seen ppl use Dickie's worksuits and even buy the Ghostbusters costume with the inflatable proton pack.

Rothco suits are cheap and close....

http://www.armynavyusa.com/gc/customer/product.php?productid=800&cat=10176

You might be able to find them cheaper somewhere else, that is only an example...

That or you could get the Rubies costume, hardly accurate but reasonably priced...

Just be careful of the sizing on the Rubies; it IS an off-the-shelf Halloween costume after all... i bought one as a last minute Halloween costume a year or two ago. I snagged a XXL thinking that since I put on a few pounds recently, it might be better sized. But when they say XXL they mean it; i'm 5'10" ~250lb and it was easily big enough to fit my 130lb girlfriend in the suit with me. :lol

Nah,you can find very nice accurate ones on ebay for decent prices or you get a total custom one that says your last name,which I have.

Hey gang. Old thread, but I am doing the same thing. I need a bunch of matching suits for a Chicago "Supernatural" bus tour. These will be one time costumes for everyone else, I will use it as a base for a more accurate one later.

Flightsuits $35-45
GB and Name patches - Iron-on inkjet
Elbow pads?
tool belts?

What are the other basic "must haves"?

Coiled up flexible hose attached to the belt. $2-5

Plastic safety goggles with various plastic plumbing bits attached and then spray painted flat black make passable ecto-goggles. $10-15

Big old cellphones or radios to attach to the belt?

If you have any of the Mattel PKE meters they work great!

A little black box with a sprayer handle and hose attached like the one Peter uses in Dana's apartment.

Your Egon could wear the round glasses and carry a mock up book with a false cover of Tobin's Spirit Guide?

All can be made on the cheap and look like items from the movies without having to go with the full proton pack

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back