Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I just talked to a customer service rep on sneaker ahead. I asked if they would consider selling the v3 electronics again and they said they likely wouldn't. But they said if anyone was willing to order in a large quantity they would put them in contact with the manufacturers. Do you think enough members need electronics for there v3s?

Do we know how much is a "large quantity"?

Is that all the electronics or just the EL panels? Last time panels were like $8USD each. If I was to jump in, I would want sole panels and strap panels as well as LEDs.
Do we know how much is a "large quantity"?

When I spoke to the customer service rep they were unwilling to speak to the factory over just my order but they seemed more receptive when I asked if I were to order 50-100. So not an Absurd amount but more than than one obviously. I will email them to find out more I just wanted to see how many members would be willing to order. Also David's company would act as a middle man as they had said they would help me talk to the factory. I am sure we could order what ever parts we wish to.

Hi everyone! I am a newbie who is keen on purchasing a pair of v3s :) There are a few questions that I want to resolve before I place an order. Please bear with me because I am very new to this. Thank you :)
1. How long does it take for the soles to go yellow without tinting?
2. How long does shipping usually take after you send in the payment?
3. Is the new updated EL panel significantly more durable than the older panel and how many hours of wear would the EL last?
4. How are the sizings to the shoe? (I wear 10.5 in Jordans and yeezy v2s and 9.5 in adidas yeezy v1)

Thank you all so much!

Hi everyone! I am a newbie who is keen on purchasing a pair of v3s :) There are a few questions that I want to resolve before I place an order. Please bear with me because I am very new to this. Thank you :)
3. Is the new updated EL panel significantly more durable than the older panel and how many hours of wear would the EL last?
4. How are the sizings to the shoe? (I wear 10.5 in Jordans and yeezy v2s and 9.5 in adidas yeezy v1)

Thank you all so much!

In most cases, they are yellow before you get the shoes and why we dye them.

You pay they send you QC photos, then once you agree to the pair, they ship within a few days. Allow 7 days + time in transit.

Umm, not really. It really depends on what you do whilst wearing the shoes. You bend the wrong way, something will break.

Order the same size are your NIKE or JORDANS. These shoes are real size in NIKE. I wear US10 in NIKE and US10 fits snug.

Just got my shoes in the mail. They look a little different than the QC photos. Lol

nah. I took this one apart for fun:

View attachment 727532View attachment 727533View attachment 727534View attachment 727535View attachment 727536View attachment 727537

so judging by the setup of these shoes, do you think adding a qi wireless receiver on top of the soles will work for wireless charging?
reason why i ask is because there is a tolarance between the receiver and the charger...

so judging by the setup of these shoes, do you think adding a qi wireless receiver on top of the soles will work for wireless charging?
reason why i ask is because there is a tolarance between the receiver and the charger...

The heel of the sole is like 10-15mm thick with the soles on, the front portion of the shoe where the oval sole is is about 8 mm. You would want to cut the foam and glue the coil in to have a decent transfer rate. The closer they are the more effective, so you might get away with just laying it on top...but most likely you'll get really slow charging. I think the best distance is around 2-3mm. Definitely enough room in the soles for wireless charging though.

I got a response from sneaker ahead about ordering the electronic kits. They said they need a minimum order of 20 at $120 a piece. If 50 were to be ordered it would be $100 a piece. Personally I think this is a little expensive considering the price of a replacement pair. But this included the battery,board,EL panels,LEDs and all the cables.

The heel of the sole is like 10-15mm thick with the soles on, the front portion of the shoe where the oval sole is is about 8 mm. You would want to cut the foam and glue the coil in to have a decent transfer rate. The closer they are the more effective, so you might get away with just laying it on top...but most likely you'll get really slow charging. I think the best distance is around 2-3mm. Definitely enough room in the soles for wireless charging though.

i figured. some coils come enclosed so really we may be able to cut out till it reaches the transparant sole, and since they are enclosed they wont be seen.
issues i see with this besides the transfer rate is
1. the shoes will be best to include leds showing when they are completely charged, or the charging mat automatically shutting down when the battery is fully charged. which i dont know if there are such things as smart mats. this is important since wireless charging takes more time.
2. installing the coils will need to be covered with a strong case over them like the batteries and may or may not cause discomfort.
3. may need to install more than one receiver coil to eliminate problems with placement of shoe over charging pad.
4. locating a pad big enough for two shoes.

overall it sounds pretty cool, and probably can be done

I got a response from sneaker ahead about ordering the electronic kits. They said they need a minimum order of 20 at $120 a piece. If 50 were to be ordered it would be $100 a piece. Personally I think this is a little expensive considering the price of a replacement pair. But this included the battery,board,EL panels,LEDs and all the cables.

by a piece i hope they mean a pair...

Heck, I could beat that for members here. I could probably do $80 per set if I had 25. I have all parts except strap EL panels (but I could get them) My parts aren't exactly like Davids though.

i figured. some coils come enclosed so really we may be able to cut out till it reaches the transparant sole, and since they are enclosed they wont be seen.
issues i see with this besides the transfer rate is
1. the shoes will be best to include leds showing when they are completely charged, or the charging mat automatically shutting down when the battery is fully charged. which i dont know if there are such things as smart mats. this is important since wireless charging takes more time.
2. installing the coils will need to be covered with a strong case over them like the batteries and may or may not cause discomfort.
3. may need to install more than one receiver coil to eliminate problems with placement of shoe over charging pad.
4. locating a pad big enough for two shoes.

overall it sounds pretty cool, and probably can be done

I haven't messed with wireless charging on these mags yet, but I have added it to other projects. I typically just get a pre-made module (like the one attached in the photo) transmitter plugs into the source voltage and you can pretty much put it inside of any non metal housing. Then the receiver should be wired to the main board (not directly to the battery)

Attachments

• WL.jpg
    WL.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 74
I think $120USD is too expensive for an electronics kit. Especially since EL soles panels were only $8.00USD each a while back.

I really like the idea of the magnetic charger. That would be so neat to be build into the stand like I am sort of working on (stalled right now).

If charging took say 8 hours (leave them over night) would that really be a bad thing?

so first v3s fixed the tape on the soles
than they fixed the dimmness of the ankle leds
next they will fix the charge indicate lights
i wonder if the whole forums will go crazy and reorder if this happens...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back