Rubbertoe Replicas Announces 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Replica!!!

My number 84 arrived about ten minutes ago. :) Feels great but the button isn't setting the light off. Hopefully it's just because it's cold from sitting in the post van. There's more weight than I thought there'd be. Nice and solid.

EDI: Okay, now that's it's dark I can see that there is a light in there.

Last edited:
Nick, I hope you don't take offense for me copying your work. After seeing this sonic, I had to have one for myself!

IMG_6011.JPGIMG_6014.JPGIMG_6019.JPG

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I think you opened a whole opportunity for different designs with new color schemes. I'm sure if you try a different scheme, it will come out great as well.

Wow that's great, I'm rather chuffed that you liked it enough to make your own. Its turned out really well, I still have parts for one more ali sonic which I hope to make with the main colour being red or even purple.

Good job.

Wow that's great, I'm rather chuffed that you liked it enough to make your own. Its turned out really well, I still have parts for one more ali sonic which I hope to make with the main colour being red or even purple.

Good job.
:thumbsupcool Nick, would be neat if you do make the alternate available one day :D

Hey Nick, I noticed that the payment plan option seems to be gone from the Rubbertoe website. Is the payment plan no longer an option?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Nick, I noticed that the payment plan option seems to be gone from the Rubbertoe website. Is this no longer an option for payment?

Hey.

Yeah I had to get rid of it because we had to spend so much time chasing people for missed payments. If you email us though we can always put one aside for you. Only 50 left now.

Hey Nick, I noticed that the payment plan option seems to be gone from the Rubbertoe website. Is the payment plan no longer an option?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Nick, I noticed that the payment plan option seems to be gone from the Rubbertoe website. Is this no longer an option for payment?

So I'm looking into making the custom blue sonic available soon, small run at the moment of 25. So whilst the parts are being machined I had some more made for another different version which has been stuck in my head for a while and I needed to make.
Using swirled red pen blanks for the coloured parts, walnut wood, brass and the brown leather I use on the Vortex Manipulator, I guess it's going to look like a mash up of the 11th and the McGann sonic. Heres what I have so far.....
c4.jpgc3.jpgc2.jpgc1.jpg

Nick that looks fantastic, you're going to cost me a fortune! I've already got an 11th sonic ( No 200 ) and a few other bits. How do I convince the Mrs that i need these 2 sonics?

That is going to be awesome!!!!! The red pattern looks great.
When you cut out the red tip did you form it using hand cutting tools (like on a wood lathe) or did you grind custom shaping tools and do it with mounted tools on the metal lathe?

So I'm looking into making the custom blue sonic available soon, small run at the moment of 25. So whilst the parts are being machined I had some more made for another different version which has been stuck in my head for a while and I needed to make.
Using swirled red pen blanks for the coloured parts, walnut wood, brass and the brown leather I use on the Vortex Manipulator, I guess it's going to look like a mash up of the 11th and the McGann sonic. Heres what I have so far.....
View attachment 644011View attachment 644010View attachment 644009View attachment 644008

Hey. I've had these CNC'd as I'm looking to make a small run.
If I make them by hand then I use conventional turning tools on my metal lathe and finish with files and paper to get the curves.

That is going to be awesome!!!!! The red pattern looks great.
When you cut out the red tip did you form it using hand cutting tools (like on a wood lathe) or did you grind custom shaping tools and do it with mounted tools on the metal lathe?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back