MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

hound97

Back to the Future Hover Board Finally! This totally awesome 1:1 replica of the hover board from the BTTF 2 and BTTF 3 films includes multiple whooshing sounds and will glide over most surfaces (does not actually "hover" – check back in 2015 for that feature). We'll be taking orders for it March 1 – March 20, 2012, and the final product will be shipped around November/December 2012. Because this is such a high-cost item, there will be a minimum number of orders required to go into production. If we don't receive the minimum orders, won't go into production and customers will not be charged. The price will be announced later this month. (Note: Hover board does not work on water.)

MattyCollector.com Online Store

Re: Mattel Hoverboard

Because this is such a high-cost item, there will be a minimum number of orders required to go into production. If we don't receive the minimum orders, won't go into production and customers will not be charged.

Do it or do it not, there is no try... :lol

High cost?!? Tere are awesome hoverboards out, so if that thing will cost more than $250, I dont thin this will be a hot seller...

Toy fair pics:
1031594.bmp

1048141.bmp

sorry this sounds a little TOO GOOD to be true. i can't process the news, seriously, my nerd rage wants to refute this can't be possible lol.

seriously, that's pretty good, I will be definitely ordering 1 for sure. or if not, 2 but Im interested to see if "glide". what tech are they using to make this happen?

Is that the final product? Doesn't look so accurate (not to say very cheap). The boards from "hoverboard.org.uk" look much more accurate.

They are prototypes, the basic board is there but some parts were missing. The stickers do not have the reflective material on them, it has been brought to their attention but I don't know if they are going to do anything about that or not. It sounds like they are far into the final production of most of the 2012 figures and pieces.

Will it be a replica of the hero board (REALLY accurate holographic texture) or the stunt board (printed non-holographic texture)?

I can't that they will do the holographic "hero" version since that would be MUCH more cost to them and it only appeals to the avid collectors like us.

Sorry to say that, but I dont like the holographic effect. I owned the bttf123 board with lenticular foil, but the other boards without looked more cooler to me, so I decide to get one of these...

I sure the matty board will be a pink plastic board with just a big sticker on it...

Maybe I have to wait for the first reviews if that thing goes in production...

Normally I want to order one of the co.uk boards...

Let's wait for a price on March 1st...

Sorry to say that, but I dont like the holographic effect. I owned the bttf123 board with lenticular foil, ...

I don't like the holographic effect of bttf123's boards too, because it looks like a cheap x-mas wrapping paper (sorry). The REAL holographic effect of the screen used boards would be much better.

I would ONLY buy this under 2 conditions

1) It had screen accurate holographic material and details
2) didn't have screen accurate holographic material and details but was $50.

There's a guy selling these and the other 3 boards on eBay all the time...it goes for $130. I can't attest to the screen accuracy but they look good.

I would ONLY buy this under 2 conditions

1) It had screen accurate holographic material and details
2) didn't have screen accurate holographic material and details but was $50.
I would ONLY buy this under 2 conditions:

1) It hovered
2) It sustained my weight

As it is, there's nothing different than these except that it's Mattel making an expensive low quality prop instead of someone else making a cheaper, higher quality prop.

Last edited:

That photo looks like pics of the stunt board from the movie. I am doubtful that is a pic of the board that Mattel has made.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back