Andy19422 - Word of Warning if You Deal With Him

Billy the Hero, think of threads like this as a form of review for other potential buyers to read.

As a prop collector that has limited building skills, I rely on other builders for many of the things I collect. Threads like these let me know when to tread carefully regarding a seller.

The ONLY thing I'd like is to see more threads that are POSITIVE reviews. I've had some great dealings with members here, and I'd love to make a thread giving them a shoutout, but I don't really see that much so it seems like it's something that's just not done. I'm a member of an RC message board that has a "Classifieds Reviews" sub-forum for users to post reviews of sellers AND buyers, negative or positive. It seems to work really well.

Last edited by a moderator:
While that is not done often it IS done sometimes as far as feedback goes there is a feeedback rating system here.

Some fought for years to get it implemented and it is used. :thumbsup

[MENTION=168706]The ONLY thing I'd like is to see more threads that are POSITIVE reviews. I've had some great dealings with members here, and I'd love to make a thread giving them a shoutout, but I don't really see that much so it seems like it's something that's just not done. I'm a member of an RC message board that has a "Classifieds Reviews" sub-forum for users to post reviews of sellers AND buyers, negative or positive. It seems to work really well.

No one is forcing you to read these complaint threads. If you don't like them and are reading them, you have too much free time... go build something!

No one is forcing you to read these complaint threads. If you don't like them and are reading them, you have too much free time... go build something!
I always get a chuckle at that. Person feels the need to come in to a thread, then proceed to post, "I am sick of reading stuff like this, why do I have to see it?". The realization that they can just skip the thread and not read it, never seems to occur to them. It is like they cannot control themselves and just have to open it and read it, then they want to blame everyone else for their lack of self control. :lol

Unfortunately I tend to lurk the RPF in my downtime. I happen to be waiting for a bunch of parts from China :/
It varys with each member, in your case it looks like you will be dining at the kids table for awhile! :lol

Regardless most here will ignore you anyway and from your foolish posts rightly so
Taking it a bit too personal are we? *****, I thought my Reagan reference was obvious.

On the reply that Andy finally posted.

1) How many times have we all heard the ' I was just about to pay ' story as a suppoed ' face saver '.--- The fact was that he never communicated any intentions and would let months and months go by without anything paid back or without any communication back to me

2) Paypal is no protection when you give a props person x money to do a line of props. As nobody can realistically get the entire line done within the 30 days paypal warranty period. Like I mentioned, the whole thing of commissioned props comes down to trust and hoping that a person's circumstances don't change ( as Andy claimed was his problem ) such that keeping a persons cash is the supposed way of putting bread on the table

3) It was mentioned by him that I have x hundreds of thousands of dollars of Stargate prop collection.
--- Which yes I do, but that should never give people carte blanche to think that repayment of owed money should be a forefeit just because a person has a large prop collection

Paypal disputes cam be filed within 45 days of initial transaction after that you have 20 days to escalate to a Paypal claim. As a general rule I will have nothing to do with a transaction that takes longer than 45 days to receive a product after payment. There is a very small group of people that I trust enough to be exceptions and even then unexpected things can happen in life that can leave a commissioned builder unable to fulfill his obligations.

Sorry you got hosed Stefanchick, I know it sucks and I've been there. When I first got into all this, I paid someone as a gift like a fool and payed for an expensive life lesson.

Is it possible in the future to have some written legally binding documentation for more big ticket commissions that you know will take longer than 45 days to complete? I've never really dealt with any large long term commissions.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back