My Costume Display

kalissuperman

Hello everybody. These pictures are very recent. About 10 years ago I wanted to have my own costumes to go to comic con's in. My grandma sewed the patterns I cut out. Being almost 70 at the time these were made, she had no idea what I wanted them for, nor did she care as long as I was happy. I do not have the skill to create the works of wearable art that most of ya'll other member's on here do and neither does my grandma, BUT since my grandma made these for me, they are probably some of my most prized possessions. I am a huge Superman fan. I named my daughter Kara after Supergirl and my (late) dog's name was Krypto, grandma even made a cape for her. Listen I know I ain't got the body for these type of costumes but I wanted to show everyone these. One of my favorite pictures is of me and my daughter walking together.
We only made the top halves so we could piece them together later. The Superman is based off the Alex Ross style, the Robin is based loosely off of an early version of Tim Drake, and the Batman is well... Batman cause lets face it, Batman has billons of dollars and could wear a different one everyday. The last note I want to put in is: on the side of the bar is my actual hometown sign, which you can't see, which serves a secondary goal of also being the name of the town from the walking dead.
Please be gentle with your critique, but I would appreciate any advice anyone might have. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 134
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 121
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 104
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 100
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 99
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 212
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 85
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
  • 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    869.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Looks awesome. Wish I had room to set up displays like that :)
Your grandma did a great job. Great to see they're being cherished.

Thanks for sharing!

I think they look great. I'm always a fan of "Grandma-made" items... I cherish all of mine, but I wish she made me a few costumes too.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back