New/Old/Future Sonic in S6 Dr WHO?

Asp9mm, shoot the email. There are multiple members of the production team that are members of this board. I did not have to contact the BBC at midnight. It would be great to discuss this forever but I want to know that we are not looking at before waiting more time. Comparing a cell phone photo of a CT on someones coffee table against a camera photo does not make much sense to me.

Last edited:
Asp9mm, shoot the email. There are multiple members of the production team that are members of this board. I did not have to contact the BBC at midnight. It would be great to discuss this forever but I want to know that we are not looking at before waiting more time. Comparing a cell phone photo of a CT on someones coffee table against a camera photo does not make much sense to me.

And comparing it to screencaps of props we know it cannot possibly be does make sense? So you think a direct comparison between the original pic and a pic of the prop it is claimed to be doesn't make sense? :confused

This thread is fun. It's like watching an episode of MXC, everybody fumbling toward some silly goal, falling over themselves and getting hurt. We just need some comedians to come in and do a running commentary.

So now who do we believe, Phez? Your statement or Asp's?

I exchanged PM's with Asp and it is not like that. I think he knows where I got the info and has no reason to doubt what I said and I am certainly not questioning his integrity either. It is apparently not being used in an episode and the studio still has all of the filming props. It was never claimed it was known exactly what the context of the photo is. It was posted as a "this is a cool photo, what do you guys think".

Could it be something from an episode and for some reason it is not known about? Unlikely but I don't know. Could it be a clip added to hold it onto a board that says "Exhibit A" for the copywrite infringment trial? who knows :lol.

I gave you guys the info I got, what you do with it is up to you. I am just not interested in A/B ing photos unless the prop is being used on screen. It sounds like it is not. It will be interesting to see if we ever find out what that is.

Phez, this is kinda like the whole 'if CT shows evidence he had access to a real sonic I will believe his claims' episode.

Know what I mean?

Like I said, I asked the questions for my own benefit and asked if I could share the answers. They are members here, if they want to post and comment on it they will. If it is something screen used I am all about analyzing it, If not I am not really interested in it.

Without knowing the context of the photo, To me there is not really any point in comparing a pic of a CT with a belt clip against photos of a CT without a clip. If it turns out to be used in the show at some time I will take another look at it. From what I know right now there is no point for me to continue analyzing it.

If it is not in an episode it could be a display piece or something. Maybe there is an event or something and they did not want to use one of the real ones for it. Who knows, I told you what I found out. I can ignore it or apply it to what I know, anyone else can do the same.

Last edited:
Can I just throw something out there.... Phez, you have gone on about how it isn't a CT or how it wouldn't make sense that it is a CT, but one of BBC's props. Most everyone (including myself) here agrees that it is indeed a CT. BUT! Let's say for a second that it is a BBC Prop shop one, that means that CT's are indeed an accurate enough prop replica that it fooled all of us, and proves that his work truly is superior. So either way you cut it, CT is still the man. Just sayin. :D

I don't know why it's so important to know who made this odd sonic, and I do agree the CT sonics look very well done though I've never handled one, but it's really sad what a twisted, miserable human being it's made this CT guy into trying to prove he's made some sort of ultimate prop.

I mean I really like the idea of being able to make something that would make people say "WOW, that's fantastic!", but if one has to become someone like the CT guy it sure ain't worth it. What a miserable little man. He seems to have totally missed the point of and ethos of Doctor Who.

I don't know why it's so important to know who made this odd sonic, and I do agree the CT sonics look very well done though I've never handled one, but it's really sad what a twisted, miserable human being it's made this CT guy into trying to prove he's made some sort of ultimate prop.

I mean I really like the idea of being able to make something that would make people say "WOW, that's fantastic!", but if one has to become someone like the CT guy it sure ain't worth it. What a miserable little man. He seems to have totally missed the point of and ethos of Doctor Who.

My first post ever on this forum, and I have to whole heartedly agree with Elvis... I love my screwdriver (toy btw) not because its accurate, but because its the embodiment of the show and I can hold the prop in my hands.

But I also want to say is geez whats the issue? Its a prop, stop over analysing it... if it appears in the next series of Dr Who, awesome if it doesn't then nothings lost. Just enjoy the fact its an interesting picture and could mean many different things.

As a quick sidenote, I tried looking for the confidential for Eleventh Hour, but I cant remember exactly but when the pyro happens when the Doctor is trying to attract the attention of the Jailers spaceship (the explodey thing) would the giant clip not have anything to do with that? To create a more stable platform and not blow MS hand off while he was using it.

regs,
TK

Can I just throw something out there.... Phez, you have gone on about how it isn't a CT or how it wouldn't make sense that it is a CT, but one of BBC's props. Most everyone (including myself) here agrees that it is indeed a CT. BUT! Let's say for a second that it is a BBC Prop shop one, that means that CT's are indeed an accurate enough prop replica that it fooled all of us, and proves that his work truly is superior. So either way you cut it, CT is still the man. Just sayin. :D

Well I am TRYING to match it up to real screen used ones. It seems like everyone can ID it as not screen used from a lo-res photo at a distance. So I guess if by "the man" you mean that a supposed "dead on copy of an original" can not be confused for a real one even from a distance in a lo-res photo by about 80% of the people posting in this thread then I guess you are right :lol:lol:lol. If it is a CT they definitely fixed the paint job.

As a quick sidenote, I tried looking for the confidential for Eleventh Hour, but I cant remember exactly but when the pyro happens when the Doctor is trying to attract the attention of the Jailers spaceship (the explodey thing) would the giant clip not have anything to do with that? To create a more stable platform and not blow MS hand off while he was using it.

Now that is an interesting thought. I think the exploding one was one of the plastic toy versions though and this one looks like it has some metal on it. I am still interested to see if we will get to find out what the sonic in that photo is actually being used for.

Dude, Phez... SLIDER CHANNEL. The CT is dimensionally accurate with the more visually appealing slider channel. That is how they can be told apart, not due to some glaring (unintended) inaccuracy.

Well I am TRYING to match it up to real screen used ones. It seems like everyone can ID it as not screen used from a lo-res photo at a distance. So I guess if by "the man" you mean that a supposed "dead on copy of an original" can not be confused for a real one even from a distance in a lo-res photo by about 80% of the people posting in this thread then I guess you are right :lol:lol:lol. If it is a CT they definitely fixed the paint job.

Now that is an interesting thought. I think the exploding one was one of the plastic toy versions though and this one looks like it has some metal on it. I am still interested to see if we will get to find out what the sonic in that photo is actually being used for.
Any more news

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back