ANOVOS Standard Wrath of Khan Uniforms

AshGL1914

Sr Member

Anovos is proud to present the single most requested uniform in Star Trek’s epic history:

The “Monster Maroon” Uniform from STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN ANOVOS Productions LLC | Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan | "Captain Spock" Monster Maroon Uniform Ensemble

The result of years of research and development, this uniform is the most accurate and complex uniform we have ever offered. And we knew that the first uniform we would offer from this film had to be the first uniform we saw; Captain Spock’s Standard Uniform!

In keeping with Anovos’ attention to detail; no expense was spared in our research and development of Captain Spock’s Standard Uniform. Not only did we examine patterns and reference materials used in the design of costumer Robert Fletcher’s iconic uniforms, but we reverse engineered a screen used Star Trek II uniform from our personal archives. This piece provided more information about Wrath of Khan era uniforms than any single resource could, and became the basis of our own exacting recreation.

In addition to screen accurate patterning; our Captain Spock Standard Uniform uses a custom created and dyed cavalry twill that replicates the look and feel of the original uniform’s wool élastique while being a more comfortable, durable, and cost effective fabric. We also perfectly recreated the Officer’s Chest Insignia using an original Star Trek II badge as a physical reference, creating in the process the most screen accurate replica of the Officer’s Chest Insignia ever offered. But we didn’t stop there. We applied the same process to all of the pins and accoutrements found throughout the uniform, from the Captain’s rank insignia to the distinctive chain found in the uniform.

We took every measure to insure that the same level of detail was used in the design of the jacket, pants, and undershirt of Captain Spock’s Standard Uniform and feel that it’s the finest Star Trek Uniform we’ve offered to date.
ANOVOS Productions LLC | Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan | "Captain Spock" Monster Maroon Uniform Ensemble

That's the prototype, so I'm hoping the missing wheel on the back of the shoulder strap is nothing to worry about. I know there were variants used and that it would be super easy to do one yourself, but it is a pretty prominent feature and at this price point, excluding it would be inexcusable.

Last edited:
That's the prototype, so I'm hoping the missing wheel on the back of the shoulder strap is nothing to worry about. I know there were variants used and that it would be super easy to do one yourself, but it is a pretty prominent feature and at this price point, excluding it would be inexcusable.

ANOVOS says (on their Facebook page) they are offering those as add-on variants at a later point.

Hopefully it won't be as overpriced as their other pins. I have yet to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy some of their BSG ranks. C'mon guys, it's a greeblie made from a model tank wheel. It should cost no more than 15 bucks.

I wonder what the difference will be with the Premiere Line, price wise, and differences in material/workmanship etc.

I wish this was in my budget too. Unfortunately..... :cry

(I am accepting donations / gifts tho... :lol )

Difference between premier line and standard is the material. Standard is made using "close to accurate" Cavalry Twill material, the Premier line will be Wool Elastique which is exact to the original. You won't be able to tell which is which unless you zoom in on the fabric as they look pretty identical from 3 feet away. The grain of the fabric is extremely similar for the two fabrics. The other big difference will be the price. Premier is gonna break the bank.

Have these started arriving for people yet? Im sorely tempted to buy one for myself, to the point I'm willing to give up one of my Blade Runner Blasters :eek: but I'd like to see some pics of it 'in the real world'

IMG_9435.jpg

Almost there ! These are actual manufactured jackets for both the Standard and Premium line !

I assume the more burgundy colored jackets are the Standard and the more vibrant red is Premiere? I knew the fabric would be different but I didn't realize there would be a color difference between the two versions. They both look amazing, I can't wait to get my standard version captain. You are literally making my dreams come true and I thank you for that!

I assume the more burgundy colored jackets are the Standard and the more vibrant red is Premiere? I knew the fabric would be different but I didn't realize there would be a color difference between the two versions. They both look amazing, I can't wait to get my standard version captain. You are literally making my dreams come true and I thank you for that!

It's the other way around. The vibrant color is polyester and that is due to the nature of the synthetic threads. Wool is a natural thread and dulls colors if anything. Believe it or not, the color of the standard is based on the premier color !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back