Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Friday Premiere Pics Page 3!!!

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Shield DONE!!

I still have a first avenger leather jacket. I'm thinking I'm just going to customize it. Your suit is an inspiration!!
If that is one of the UD Replicas jackets you have bigger brass b***s than I do if you are going to mod that one!!!!:lol

I would be scared to mess up such a great jacket!!! But if you do post pics!!

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - "Finished" Pics Page 3!!!

This Halloween I may actually try to use red tape on my UDR TFA jacket to make it look similar to the Golden Age suit w/o being permanent. I bought some no-residue tape off Amazon and stuck it on the leather overnight and it didn't do any damage. My only concern is whether the tape will hold up to trooping, most of the tape stays on well but the corners seem easy to peel off.

There's obviously more differences between the 2 suits than the extra red stripes, but to the casual viewer it's close enough.

If that is one of the UD Replicas jackets you have bigger brass b***s than I do if you are going to mod that one!!!!:lol

I would be scared to mess up such a great jacket!!! But if you do post pics!!

Oh hell no, I aint got that kinda scratch...yet. I bought one of the captain America TFA knockoff leather jackets. I think it will work pretty good, but I want it like the UD replicas jacket where the star is on a chest section that is velcroed and opens to expose zipper in middle.

Now I just have to wait for Thursday to roll around. :rolleyes One of the local theaters it letting me hang out in the lobby for the opening on Thursday so I will see if I can rustle up some photos from that!

Yea! Thursday is here.
Go rustle up some more photos of your awsome suit.

Yea! Thursday is here.
Go rustle up some more photos of your awsome suit.

Well the premiere was kind of a non-event here due to the freak April snowstorm.
May back yard was clear an hour before this picture was taken. :( It kept snowing all evening.

IMG_0586.JPG

There were only a couple dozen people out for the movie. But my best buddy came so all was good!

IMG_0593.JPG

I will be back at the theater tonight so here's hoping for a bigger turnout!!!

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - "Finished" Pics Page 3!!!

Its not the Winter Soldier you need to worry about....just plain old Winter! :facepalm

That just means you will have a greater turn out this weekend.

Well Friday night was much better than the snowy Thursday we had here. Several sold out shows and great big lines of people. The costume went over great and plenty of people posed for photos and I gave alot of high-fives! The managers were kind enough to send me a few photos they took of the event. Much fun was had by all!!

IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0612.JPG

The costume and the shield held up great without any malfunctions and not one drunk guy tried to punch the shield!! Several little kids punched the shield but all they said was "ouch"!! :lol

IMG_0609.JPG IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0611.JPG

The managers were even sending messages to the other theater in town with pictures asking what they had going on over there. Their response was "How did you get that guy to come to the opening?!?!". That did score me some brownie points with them and they want me back for Avengers 2. Guess that means I need to start working on a new set of Iron Man armor to go with old Cap here!

IMG_0613.JPG

Thanks Everyone for all the Support and Comments. It was a fun build!!
Captain America...Out!

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Friday Premiere Pics Page 3!

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Don't lose the suit whatever you do. Great job on updating it. I almost actually prefer the Smithy version vs TFA, just looks like what should have been done to begin with.

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Friday Premiere Pics Page 3!

Slick build! The end product really looks great. Impressive from top to bottom!

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Don't lose the suit whatever you do. Great job on updating it. I almost actually prefer the Smithy version vs TFA, just looks like what should have been done to begin with.
Yeah, lots of fun and WAY more comfortable than my Iron Man armor! :lol
I am not sure why I like it more than the orginal TFA either. It just feels "right".

Excellent work! Love it :)
Thanks alot!

Slick build! The end product really looks great. Impressive from top to bottom!
Thanks! Now I just have to hold myself back from starting a new one from scratch to make an even better, screen accurate one. Must...resist...urge!
Maybe I will channel may efforts into getting an aluminum shield?

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Suit Up Test Pg. 2

Hey awesome work man, I bought a Cap Disguise shield as well and I wanted to customize it to look movie accurate like yours. I just wanna ask how you did the brackets and straps and what material did you use? Thanks man ;)

Hey awesome work man, I bought a Cap Disguise shield as well and I wanted to customize it to look movie accurate like yours. I just wanna ask how you did the brackets and straps and what material did you use? Thanks man ;)

Maybe read through the thread? That might help

Thanks man! It looks like you took a gander through the thread now and saw the bracket info in the earlier pages. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Welcome to the RPF!!

Maybe read through the thread? That might help

Thanks Kevin! I think he found what he needed now.

Great looking suit man. I would have wanted to have my picture taken with you too. lol

Superb, just superb! Your Cap suit turned out all kinds of Awesome! You have some mad skills sir!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back