Farscape Pulse Rifle

Just a note to let everyone know I haven't abandoned this project, although I've had to shelve it for a bit. Life is taking me for a rollercoaster ride, and it's driving me crazy that I don't have time to work on this. I may try a couple small projects to satisfy my creative urge in the meantime, but one of these days, I WILL have a wall full of pulse rifle variations and I hope you will too! I was actually hoping to make enough props that someone would begin a Farscape fan film! Wouldn't that be a blast!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

Just a note to let everyone know I haven't abandoned this project, although I've had to shelve it for a bit. Life is taking me for a rollercoaster ride, and it's driving me crazy that I don't have time to work on this. I may try a couple small projects to satisfy my creative urge in the meantime, but one of these days, I WILL have a wall full of pulse rifle variations and I hope you will too! I was actually hoping to make enough props that someone would begin a Farscape fan film! Wouldn't that be a blast!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

Great to hear you still have this project on the burner, even if it is the back burner. :)
I know I would be glad to add one to my collection one day.

Terry

I have been looking for this for a long time. I have been wanting to make a heavy Pulse rifle again since rewatching the show. I would LOVE it if I could Buy one of your Rifles when you get it back going - All I would need is just the rifle-

unpainted even! - and with no scope. I am going to mount a flashlight on the top instead of a scope.

Please hit me up with a price.

So...now that you're finishing up the Moya Comm badge run...do we get to start pestering you about picking this project back up again? :angel

LOL

Yeah, I have the only two successful casts from the first attempt on top of my desk, staring at me constantly. I made a couple modifications to the master, and I need to make a new mold with a significantly stronger mothermold so I can foam fill them. And I need to finish construction on the rotocaster I started.

Believe it or not, I was researching different mold rubber and casting resins last night for this very project!

The next step!
Been getting a little bit done. This is mainly PVC wrapped with styrene to create the right thickness. I'm trying to leave it hollow with the front part detachable so any ambitious Peacekeeper prospects can install some sort of light.

Also waiting for warmer and dryer weather before I even think about ordering fresh silicone and resin.

Attachments

• IMG_1843.JPG
    IMG_1843.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 101
  • SCAP0514472.png
    SCAP0514472.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 101
Also waiting for warmer and dryer weather before I even think about ordering fresh silicone and resin.

Yeah...I remember spring in Louisiana....the last one we were there, hubby and I were trying to paint our X-Wing helmets. I had an issue with the paint clouding up in places due to the humidity. I was not used to that climate at all but it gave me a good indication of where I should weather it so I didn't have to repaint. ;) And then there was that summer where I poured resin a few times and it wouldn't set...

Looking forward to watching the progress on this, I know it'll be awesome!

More progress!
Got a lot more detail done on the "scopelight". Still trying to leave the head separate for user-installed lighting possibilities, and hopefully a clear lens that can be glued in with a retaining ring. I'm still trying to locate the correct small shackle, which is what attaches the rear to the pulse rifle. I have a few prospects though, in the form of a couple boating supply shops I hope to visit this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1847.JPG
    IMG_1847.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1846.JPG
    IMG_1846.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 94
Earlier in this thread, I said the scopeflash was based on the 2 cell Maglite. I was wrong. Here's a side by side comparison. The one I built is made from calculating it's proportions using known sizes of the pulse rifle. The proportions are very close, but the size is slightly different. But, my 'known sizes' could be wrong, or my calculations, or my assumption that it's based on the Maglite.

Anyway, I'm too far down this particular rabbit hole to start again. So, onward!

No luck finding the correct size shackle (which is where I began to question my sizes), so after a couple experiments, I came up with a homemade, passable version. The scope is pretty much complete at this point except for some cleaning up and priming to seal it. I may try to clean up the ridges at front and back. I temporarily stuck it on my pulse rifle master with tape and I'm satisfied with the look.

Then I found this cheap LED flashlight. I disassembled it and my nephew (who likes to build lightsabers) is advising me on how to mount it on a removable chassis that can be placed inside the final castings. I may have a simple solution to make this sucker light up!

Attachments

• IMG_1851.JPG
    IMG_1851.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1859.JPG
    IMG_1859.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1861.JPG
    IMG_1861.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 95
Look out now! He's gettin' into 'lectronics!

Got this little thingie worked up. It only took me a day to figure out why it wouldn't light up. One of the batteries in the holder had to be reversed. Yeah. I won't be dangerous anytime soon. LOL

It should fit easily into the final castings. I may be getting ahead of myself, but I had an idea and I ran with it.

I guess I need to order silicone soon so I can get started on new molds!

Attachments

• IMG_1865.JPG
    IMG_1865.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 98
lol Don't you hate that? Something so easy and we over think it. I'd probably still be trying to figure out it needed to be reversed. :rolleyes Glad you solved it without a lot of trouble!

Very nice work. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back