New Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy Book by the creator of the RPF!

Great review Jez and it looks like Brandon's put something really special together here. Is there any mention about what happened to Luke's original Red 5 X-Wing helmet? We know that it was re-used in ESB with some additional weathering and again in ROTJ, but I've never seen any photos of it in the archives. Was it lost, damaged beyond repair, trashed? The one which goes around on the tours and is also shown in one of the pages of the book was never used by Luke in any of the movies as far as I can tell. I'd love to know what happened to that original helmet and whether it still exists in some form or another in the archives.

Chris

Is there any mention about what happened to Luke's original Red 5 X-Wing helmet? We know that it was re-used in ESB with some additional weathering and again in ROTJ, but I've never seen any photos of it in the archives. Was it lost, damaged beyond repair, trashed? The one which goes around on the tours and is also shown in one of the pages of the book was never used by Luke in any of the movies as far as I can tell. I'd love to know what happened to that original helmet and whether it still exists in some form or another in the archives.

Chris

The original Luke helmet is still in the archives, but it's in pretty bad shape.

The poor condition (stripped) Luke helmet is included in the costume book - I believe all of the rebel pilots in the Archives are shown in the book.

The "non used" one that you mention Chris was probably a used helmet originally - just fully restored for the first touring exhibition in the mid 90s.

Best
Brandon

Hi Brandon,

That's great to hear. I'm looking forward to receiving this book!

Cheers,

Chris

The poor condition (stripped) Luke helmet is included in the costume book - I believe all of the rebel pilots in the Archives are shown in the book.

The "non used" one that you mention Chris was probably a used helmet originally - just fully restored for the first touring exhibition in the mid 90s.

Best
Brandon

This could turn out to be THE most significant Star Wars prop/costume book ever and by the look of the pics I think it is. :)

Ben

Thanks for all the comments about my review.

This could turn out to be THE most significant Star Wars prop/costume book ever and by the look of the pics I think it is. :)

Ben

it absolutely is - Brandon has done an awesome job with this book,the amount of research he must have done on it is incredible. He's clearly had access to the key people (and props) in both London and California - so was able to get a complete picture of the costume design of the OT.

Having done all this he's SHARED all this information with everyone by producing a really great book that's both easily accessible to newbies - and detail-rich to the more hard-core fans too.

Cheers

Jez

Thanks for all the comments about my review.

it absolutely is - Brandon has done an awesome job with this book,the amount of research he must have done on it is incredible. He's clearly had access to the key people (and props) in both London and California - so was able to get a complete picture of the costume design of the OT.

Having done all this he's SHARED all this information with everyone by producing a really great book that's both easily accessible to newbies - and detail-rich to the more hard-core fans too.

Cheers

Jez

You hit the nail on the head Jez. The word of the day is: "shared"

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely is looking to be an impressive piece of work. :)

...Even if the X-wing pilot mannequin has the flak vest on backwards. XD

I got the hardcover version today and it is really awesome!I have a lot of propbooks but this one is really one of.. or THE best.The only thing what is a little bit sad for me...from my "holy grail prop" the Vader Reveal helmet are only 5 very small pics in the book.I had the hope to see some in a higher resolution.But overall this book is a must have for every SW-Fan.Good work Brandon!:):thumbsup

19815443uj.jpg

19815448zw.jpg

19815454xl.jpg

19815471jb.jpg

19815485mc.jpg

19815494jx.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back