Re: Studio Scale TIE Fighter V3

Thanks Mike.

Ref pics available on the net. As I told regarding the measurements, I do the maths myself to find them using kitparts as gauge.

I'm building a Revell Tie Fighter and modifying it to resemble the studio model. I removed the inaccurate panel lines and re-scribed new ones that are more in scale. I'll be building a cockpit to resemble the studio model.

I don't want to hi-jack your thread so I won't post pictures. I'll start a build thread in the General Modeling section soon. I can send you some pictures in a PM.

Can you send me some of the measurements you made for the cockpit so I can scale them to the Revell Tie Fighter?

Mike.

Was it ever settled on if the orange blaster tips were LED's or acrylic rod? I think someone suggested it might've been Lite Brite pegs, but the diameter was too big. They look like they've been sanded by hand at the ends and it's hard to tell if they came naturally rounded.

Last edited:

Hi, I'm a newbie on here. Will you be selling this as a kit? I would definitely buy one if you are.

Sorry for last post. I've pocket dialed, pocket texted but never pocket posted. That's a first for me. But now that I'm here! Awesome canopy J-man! Do share how you made it!

Joe

Who will steer if you don't at least give him some arms?

I thought you were working for the Empire!

Thanks guys

Sorry for last post. I've pocket dialed, pocket texted but never pocket posted. That's a first for me. But now that I'm here! Awesome canopy J-man! Do share how you made it!

Joe

Joe, the canopy is made with vacformed layers of styrene, styrene Tees and details, as easy as it sounds !

- - - Updated - - -

Who will steer if you don't at least give him some arms?

I thought you were working for the Empire!

Haha Matt ! I will ! But I will have to fully remove his legs :p Yeah I need to move him forward because his back was touching the armature !

fantastic castings, its great seeing this come together so quickly. Just curious how you pour the resin for the canopy mold, its such a thin part but how you set it up seemed to have really worked well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back