Mugatu Begins the Visual Dictionary YODA SABER

I don't know man. Does anyone know exactly what that black stuff on the end cap is? Is it just aluminum that has been anodized? Worse comes to worst, I'll plate it in copper and then plate it in nickel or zinc. I think zinc or tin plating will match up color wise to the body pretty well, but I'd prefer to just use the oven cleaner if that will do it. I'm really sick of my kitchen smelling like dirty feet from all the white vinegar I've been using to try replating a Graflex tube.

Late check in Andy....

You did well my friend, great attention to detail!
I LOVE well documented -step by step- builds, even if I am too lazy to do these myself ;)

Markus

Late check in Andy....

You did well my friend, great attention to detail!
I LOVE well documented -step by step- builds, even if I am too lazy to do these myself ;)

Markus

Thanks, Markus.

I have an update coming soon on this regarding the grips, my OB1, and starting my temporary Vader. I usually am too wrapped up in the build to take many photos, but I seem to run into a lot of interesting issues that have to be overcome (some successfully, and others not so successfully). That's why I usually try to buy 2 of everything! Haha I figure if I can show anyone how I mess up, maybe they can avoid the same mistakes!

Thanks again for the kind words, my friend!

andy... i think we got it!

pracojet1.jpg

pracojet2.jpg

pracojet3.jpg

pracojet5.jpg

pracojet6.jpg

pracojet7.jpg

PM inbound!

does your bolsey have this screw?

My bolsey has an incorrect one that I ordered way back. I put in another order to Mugatu for a replacement, that I will get sent shortly...

15364668990_2ba0c1b16a_h.jpg

I have a praco coming, that I have yet to go to the states to pick up... THAT I don't know... it SHOULD have the screw... but who knows....

Last edited:
My bolsey has an incorrect one that I ordered way back. I put in another order to Mugatu for a replacement, that I will get sent shortly...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5609/15364668990_2ba0c1b16a_h.jpg

I have a praco coming, that I have yet to go to the states to pick up... THAT I don't know... it SHOULD... but who knows....

that came out great! Im on andys list for replica jets as well, hes put in some work hunting down this screw.

This is the last saber on my list when I'm done with the other builds. Watching this with interest.

andy has done a excellent job documenting his build. he has a real passion for this saber and we have talked for many hours about all these little greeblies. he was the one who actually found my praco

Danny,

That is perfect, man! Exactly what I was hoping you'd find. And thank you for the measurements!

i got your PM, i will get you detailed measurements and im going to run to the shop and see if i have small enough thread taps to measure the thread size and pitch, ill get back to ya ;)

I should have an update shortly. I've unexpectedly had to work on some other items first: dishwasher and laundry dryer. I finished the dryer, but the dishwasher is giving me a hard time. Plus there is some serious calcium built up on the inside as well as some other...I'm guessing food and an unhealthy dose of bacteria.

I have several. However, after comparing with Halliwax' measurements, the head of the jet is still too wide. The depth of the head is right on, though. I have spoken with a machinist about having 2mm removed from the outer rim of the jets, but I have to find a nut with the correct threading to hold the jets in the machine chuck. I haven't had much time to go to the hardware store recently and try to find a good nut.

Where can we find the bolt/nut screw? :)

andy is the mastermind behind the bolt project. hes really helped me along the way, i too kinda put the yoda saber on the back burner now working with my graflex and V2 thats on the way, ive been busy. but once things slow down ill be back on this saber, its such a cool project. im so grateful of all the hard work andy put into his thread describing everything, its allot less stressful being able to read through his experience before tackling mine

Please ... don't remind me to tackle my real Praco ... so many saber projects still waiting ... so little ... eh ... I'm just lazy ... it's summer ... I'm having a siësta :wacko

Chaim

Please ... don't remind me to tackle my real Praco ... so many saber projects still waiting ... so little ... eh ... I'm just lazy ... it's summer ... I'm having a siësta :wacko

Chaim

:lol stop climbing bell towers and get to your sabers, subito

BTT
There is no hurry. When you get feedback from the shop please keep me in mind ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back