The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

So I finished New Vagas last night.
Did I do something wrong, or does the game just end with no option of continuing after the epilogue?
It appears the only thing I can do is go back to an earlier save and just NOT do the battle at the dam.
Is that the only way to enjoy free-roam gameplay with this one? To never finish it? That's stupid.
I was just beginning to think this was a great game, too.

How you liking Tomb Raider, Wes?

I actually didn't get a chance to start yet. I've been addicted to Fallout Shelter while taking a break from the face palming that is mad max. I'm really just not wanting to have to take the Dramamine again like i did with finishing up the hidden stuff in the first one.

Oh I already beat that game on 2 systems, I meant I have to start playing Rise of the Tomb Raider lol. I didn't get all the achievements because i don't do pvp and apparently pvp in both games is pretty dead now anyhow. I did get 100 percent of all artifacts and stuff on both consoles though. I don't have it for the ps3 yet so that's something to pick up in the used pile at some point. I still have to beat Last of us on PS4, it's just the end of the prologue hits hard these days.

Anyone play the old Sonic Adventure games. I'm playing 2 now on the PS3. The game itself seems fun, but the controls aren't the best, but that camera.....oh that just about ruins the whole game. Just about one of the worst camera systems I've ever seen.

Decided to revisit a classic tonight. This stream is for LucasArts' "The Dig". Lots of great memories from this title dating back all the way to the mid 90s.

"What mysteries are hidden in the thick alien dusts of time? Can our stranded crew survive long enough to unravel the mysteries of a desolate alien world and find a way home?"

Jeyl's Stream

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 9.02.16 PM.png

Anyone play the old Sonic Adventure games. I'm playing 2 now on the PS3. The game itself seems fun, but the controls aren't the best, but that camera.....oh that just about ruins the whole game. Just about one of the worst camera systems I've ever seen.

The original isn't any better on the Dreamcast. I don't even remember DIG but i didn't have a comp until the late 90s lol. I picked up Day of the Tentacle the day after christmas, it's not as much fun as Maniac Mansion.

The original isn't any better on the Dreamcast. I don't even remember DIG but i didn't have a comp until the late 90s lol. I picked up Day of the Tentacle the day after christmas, it's not as much fun as Maniac Mansion.

The Dig is awesome. I agree that Day of the Tentacle wasn't as fun as Maniac Mansion, I wish someone would update the graphics a bit on that one.

I'm amazed at the amount of time I spent playing games that were either broken or too hard.

I must have played the first 2 levels of thexder about 500 times on my old p.c.

Or manhunter 2 that froze up at a certain point.

Or the countless C64 games that barely worked

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Dig is awesome. I agree that Day of the Tentacle wasn't as fun as Maniac Mansion, I wish someone would update the graphics a bit on that one.

I missed both (The Dig and Day of the Tentacle) of those originally. I also missed Maniac Mansion, but I thought it might be too old to be fun now. I keep getting tempted to get them in the Steam or GOG sales and haven't yet. I'll have to next time.

I still play the NES version of Maniac Mansion once in a while. A game I would definitely buy a remaster of.

The history behind he making of The Dig is probably the most interesting of all the "Point and Click" adventure titles out there. It started as an idea by Steven Spielberg for his "Amazing Stories" but wasn't feasible on a TV show budget. It went through three whole iterations as a game starting with true survival elements like hunger, thirst and fatigue. Another iteration had a fourth member of the stranded crew and an insane level of gruesome deaths until. Seriously, the cut character, Toshi Olema, has a death sequence so gruesome it probably would have scarred me as a child.

Also, don't forget Full Throttle! We're getting a remastered version of that game this year!

Day of the Tentacle got a huge overhaul by Doublefine but it's the lack of continuity with Maniac Mansion that gets me, especially with this update they could have probably gotten permission to add to it. I'm debating on canceling my twitch since there is only one game out for it I want, at least with every other system there's a ton. I have half a month to decide still, i know i'm not canceling the amiibos to go with the zelda game as those will just get more expensive.

I downloaded Knockout League on Oculus Rift. It's interesting - a VR boxing game. I just played the tutorial and the first fight where I got KO'd after I thought I was doing well. Boxing cartoony characters is kinda creepy when they're in VR. I wasn't always able to dodge the guy's special attack. He was telegraphing the big blow but I was trying to time my dodge for the instant he launched the punch. In retrospect I think I could have gotten away with leaning into my dodge way earlier. I gotta say it was really exhausting dodging and punching. I thought I was in better shape than that. I was gassed after one round.

Did you guys see what Nintendo is doing with Breath of the Wild? I cant post a video cause Im at work, but basically they are releasing DLC at launch for 20 bucks, and at different parts of the year. Its a pretty crappy thing to do at launch, I have never seen a company milk one title so much as nintendo with this new zelda. Not only are they delaying to have it be a launch title for new hardware, its one of the few games they have actually showcased, and now this DLC crap? Bad form Nintendo. Thats like capcom level **** right there.

I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the 64. I just didn't want to pay for a whole system to play just a few games that did look good. I only have 5 games for the 64. Such a waste.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back