BTTF Futaba Delorean Remote Project

Oneminde You should make an interest thread where you can sell all of the pieces together haha, I would take a set x)!Especially since I'm not living in America, so it would reduce the shipping cost, if someone could gather everything and ship them all together, nah?
I am considering that yes. Fluxcapacitor has the STOP lens which he need to manufacture for us and I assume we can work something out for the other parts as well.

Sign me up!
I'll know more how to move forth when I have all the components. Also, the electronics to drive the display need to be made. I am sure one can continue using the Doc's remote display board

f045e27e.jpgd40d0df5.pngbracket-capture.jpgBoard Parts.pngf400bef6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking into making a circuit that will give us a way more realistic feel on the remote. Its not close to being done but will be better then numbers counting up to 88.

I am looking into making a circuit that will give us a way more realistic feel on the remote. Its not close to being done but will be better then numbers counting up to 88.
Exellent, you have my full support. Arduino, BeagleBoard etc or are you making it from scrath ?

Also, common cathode or anode, does that affect the circuit ???

Last edited:
Some fun trivia. The display in the Digital speedometer found on the dashboard is the EXACT same type as I am working with. The only difference is that this one used / use red led's. Green, red, yellow and orange (diffues type) where available in the mid 80's.

1885_450.jpg

digital-speedometer.jpg

I am trying to locate the box for this one, it seams to be (WxLxH) 150 x 100 x 42 mm (or close to that), but can't locate it.

- - - Updated - - -

It might be arduino based but not sure yet.

Common anode and cathode could make a difference. Im just not sure which it will be yet.
Common cathode seams to be the norm and also used in the past, so this is what I am going for if that helps ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oneminde - I'd be interested in a complete segment display if you cast the unit. I'm also looking for a Molex Stop switch but that might be another source...

I found the digital speedometer box - my guess on the size where very close. 120 x 65 x 40 mm

http://be.farnell.com/jsp/displayProduct.jsp?sku=4437020&CMP=GRHB-OCTOPART-1000437

HAMMOND - 1591CGY

42268772.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oneminde - I'd be interested in a complete segment display if you cast the unit. I'm also looking for a Molex Stop switch but that might be another source...

Hi there. In time there will be displays available. Don't worry, everyone who wants or need one will get the opportunity, there are some development left. You can get the Molex from :

found the place I purchased my Molex switches.
----> http://www.sciplus.com/p/MOLEX-SWITCH_42572

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back