Captain America Blank Spun Shield - UK!!!

Hi I have one of Rolos blank shields it arrived last Thursday , really great quality you won't be disappointed with it , parcel force fees were £22 ,reckon on about 18 days from when it's shipped .

Mike

Oh man I also ordered one of his blanks but I completely forgot about Parcelforce fees. Guess I have fees to look forward to :lol

Oh well, at least the quality is great which should be worth it.

As a matter of interest what paint will you be using ?

Haven't really decided yet. It's likely I'm going to go with the VHT anodized paints but I might get a piece of scrap aluminium and test any other ones that take my fancy although I'm not sure how well they'll work out.

Haven't really decided yet. It's likely I'm going to go with the VHT anodized paints but I might get a piece of scrap aluminium and test any other ones that take my fancy although I'm not sure how well they'll work out.

Vht does seem to be the best alternative for those of us here in the Uk , I bought mine several weeks ago after having zero luck sourcing duplicolor .
My star arrived today as well , bought from Valor here on the forums ,looks great ,just need to find the time to get masking & painting ,

That looks no different to the one I bought from the US supplied by Rolo ,if the shipping isn't stupidly expensive for you I would call that a good deal .

Mike

Last edited:
I sent them an e-mail a few weeks ago.... they've been on summer leave and only recently emailed me back... they said they are trying to sort out shipping/postage issues and will be in touch with me soon

Hi
We are manufacturing batch this Friday both with and without stars. The shield can now be purchased online from our website for shipment in UK only £90 with star and £70 without (no handles are fitted) including carriage. Sorry we are still awaiting prices from UPS for shipment to USA but eager to get this sorted as we have had great demand.
For anyone who has doubts about quality, please be assured that they have a beautiful polished finish and look pristine.

Thanks for the feedback, I just purchased a shield

:)

Quality of these shields are excellent my client was incredibly happy with the final shield, looking forward to creating another for my own personal collection.

North East Metal Spinners are excellent to deal with, provide a great service and the shield itself as I mentioned is of fantastic craftsmanship you won't be disappointed.

Paul Clark.
Clark HD Props.

Are the stars grooved into the shield or attached to the top?

I should be to answer this for you on behalf of Kevin and North East Spinners after a conversation with Arnie earlier today the stars will be laser cut separately and will fit the centre circle of the shield spun to match the concave of the shield but will still require attaching.

Well to say I started this thread over a year ago, I have just ordered my shield online with North East Metal Spinners. I can't wait to get hold of it. I'm thankful to ClarkHD for letting us know where to source one!

Does anyone know if they make the handles / brackets for the back?

Hmm, the NE metal spinners listed above is 15 minutes from my house - think I will go over and check them out. They do the star as well, £90 for both pieces.

I can help with stars and bracket sets for anyone in the UK. PM me if you're interested.

Steve

I can help with stars and bracket sets for anyone in the UK. PM me if you're interested.

Steve

I can vouch for the quality and accuracy of Valor's stars & brackets as i own a set which i hope ( time permitting ) to be attaching later today or tomorrow .

Mike

I went to visit North East metal spinners today and picked up a shield with star from them, the shield is amazing the dimensions are spot on I can't fault it at all, it was a great to see where these were actually made.
Gonna have to get to work on the brackets for the back of the shield now.

I went to visit North East metal spinners today and picked up a shield with star from them, the shield is amazing the dimensions are spot on I can't fault it at all, it was a great to see where these were actually made.
Gonna have to get to work on the brackets for the back of the shield now.

Happy to see people are satisfied with my measurements, I did my best to scour information from various sources on the net and Valour on the RPF was a great help, but the quality is top notch without a doubt. Excited to pick up my new shield next week, kindly North East Spinners are producing another one for me free of charge along with a star, so excited to be able to finish one for my own collection and not a client this time round.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back