New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

For those with multiple units, do the cases stack? It looks like the pads on the bottom, would fit into the circular recesses on the top of another case.

Fascinating conversations. ANYway... though I really, really like the Wand, especially the p1 shape, which has been a long-time coming, (hey! a pun!) there are some things like the skinny handle, disco-lite-ish and seemingly randomly-applied phaser fx (p1: red/green? Really?) and p2 body color (have we discussed that yet??) that bug me. But FOR THE MONEY, I'm down with it. Now, I admit, when I pick up my MR, it FEELS impressive, until I see the glaring screw-ups. Though they really did get the lighting effects down- better than the Wand, imo. And my MM is no slouch, from a general config standpoint. Nothing really glaring except the too-wide body jumps out. And of the 3 Jlongs I have, yes, they're all the same. Yes, they're too long and thin compared to the Wand. Is what it is. As is my HMS/Starland. And my Coyle (but it's a REALLY limited edition I'll post a thread on some day.) So dammit, I like them all. And some day, I know I'll have the Holy Grail (to me) of replicas: Fiberglass, grain-o-wheat bulbs, rising sight, extending tips, twist-plug handle, all that stuff. And that's the one you won't be able to pry from my cold dead hands!

I'm 49, and grew up watching the original Star Trek, and hearing "Haven't you SEEN this episode a million times already?" from my older brothers, and saw the early phaser toys, and had the "landing team" model kit which sucked SO hard when it came to the phaser. When I opened the package for the AA/DST phaser and held it for the first time a few years back, I grinned like a kid, because for the first time, I was holding the closest replica to what I watched my "heroes" held on TV as a kid. This Wand phaser is the upgrade to that, and while it may not be an MR phaser, which I have never held or seen up close, it's pretty damned cool to me. I like it, and am impressed by it. I can see things I'd like to have for added effects or details, but damn, it's $149 and is pretty impressive. As a fan, I'm happy with it. Thanks, Wand Co. :thumbsup

They will be selling these on Amazon (in 2015) and elsewhere after the end of ThinkGeek.com and StarTrek.com's exclusive contract in 2014. These will be around for awhile and I suggest buying more than one.

Actually they seem to be selling in a few places. I bought mine online from a local Australian seller. ThinkGeek and Star Trek Online may be the only US retailers right now though.

Correct, ThinkGeek and StarTrek.com have exclusivity until the end of the year 2014. After that it should be on Amazon and other US retailers.

4 might just not be enough for me. I might go a few extra and make a Galileo locker. The Galileo locker, if I remember correctly, has the handles on one side and the hand phasers on another, with 6 fully assembled phasers in the middle. I'd like a desktop version to hold my Wand phasers.

glocker_zpsddd4c431.jpg

And some day, I know I'll have the Holy Grail (to me) of replicas: Fiberglass, grain-o-wheat bulbs, rising sight, extending tips, twist-plug handle, all that stuff. And that's the one you won't be able to pry from my cold dead hands!

If you find that Holy Grail let me know too. I feel the same way.

I think the Wand handle size thing (and side dial) was just done as a sort-of tell. Just to make it unique. Why? Who knows. Like anyone in the dim future would think it's an original prop, lol. Hell, when I get business cards printed I make sure the proof is a hard copy before running production. Like they didn't KNOW this stuff? Really...

In my opinion the MR is an overall more accurate phaser (maybe your criteria of detail importance is different than mine)

That's all I wanted to hear. Thank you for seeing the light. Indeed opinions differ and facts do not. However calling your opinion a fact was wrong.

I believe I corrected myself to say the Wand phaser is more accurate overall in shape (see post #784). Thanks for the spirited debate.

I brought up some phaser information that I hope you found useful. The original prop is an interesting and involved item.

Last edited:
I think the Wand handle size thing (and side dial) was just done as a sort-of tell. Just to make it unique. Why? Who knows. Like anyone in the dim future would think it's an original prop, lol. Hell, when I get business cards printed I make sure the proof is a hard copy before running production. Like they didn't KNOW this stuff? Really...

I wonder if a larger handle made in metal was felt to be too heavy? Anyway, I was surprised when I got my Wand phaser that the handle didn't stand out as too thin. That said, I'm an obsessed fan of the original and will get the more accurate (made like the original, materials and all) handle offered here in the sales section.

Right now I can't justify a handle that costs more than the whole unit. Now if I could retrofit my MR to it... hmm. Serious surgury...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back