Star wars blaster actual reference material only

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks.
I've spent many hours trawling through the blaster builds on this site, and I must say I'm very impressed. Wonderful work.
But I am now soooooo confused about which version is the "real" hero prop and which are good copies from each incarnation, which have the mystery disk and which don't. etc etc etc.

PLEASE can this thread ONLY, contain true prop reference images and no shots of anyone's builds, as I think the blaster builder community would like that very much.
To illustrate my dilemma, please can someone tell me which of these shots is the true ANH hero blaster !!!!
Any help will be appreciated
5%20-%20The%20Star%20Wars%20-%20Laser%20Gun%20-%20left%20-Bapty&Co_-%20dressed%20as%20delivered.jpganhrealheroleftiu1.jpg

Also, please feel free to add reference images of ANY Star Wars blasters you can find from any of the trilogy. But please , once again. No replicas on this thead if at al possible. Just so I can keep my sanity just long enough to finish my replica.

Here are some references for blasters:
  • ESB DH-17
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

• ROTJ DH-17
attachment.php

• ANH DH-17
600px-StarWars-DH-171.jpg
600px-StarWars-DH-172.jpg

• TFA Glie-44
latest
02-General%20Leia%20Organas%20Blaster.png

• TFA JSP-14
latest

• TFA NN-14
latest

rey_s_blaster_by_nwo-d9kh5sw.jpg

01-Reys-Blaster.png

star-wars-launch-bay-22-600x428.jpg

• TFA SE-44C
latest

07-General%20Huxs%20Blaster.png

sw_prop_26-1024x768.jpg

• TFA "Huttsplitter"
latest

• TFA EL-16
latest
08-Finns%20Blaster%20Rifle.png

star-wars-force-awakens-finn-john-boyega-1.0.0.jpg

• TFA EL-16HFE
latest

• TFA F-11D
latest

sw_prop_1a-1024x768.jpg

• TFA F-11D (Captain Phasma's variant)
sw_prop_4-1024x768.jpg

sw_prop_4a-1024x768.jpg

• TPM ELG-3A
latest
arme_elg3a_1.jpg

• TPM S-5
7924d1361326182-naboo-ascention-blaster-dscn0284.jpg

latest
11372d1390249629-officer-padme-ascension-blaster-image-34-.jpg

img1.jpg

img2.jpg
img3.jpg

img5.jpg
img6.jpg

img7.jpg

img8.jpg

img9.jpg

• AOTC S-5 (Captain Typho's variant)
latest

• TPM CR-2
img1.jpg
img2.jpg
img3.jpg
img4.jpg
img5.jpg

img6.jpg

img7.jpg

img8.jpg

img9.jpg
img10.jpg

• ANH HERO E-11
img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg
img5.jpg
img6.jpg
img7.jpg
img8.jpg
img9.jpg
img10.jpg
img11.jpg

img12.jpg

Will post more later!

Wow, thanks guys there's loads of stuff in there to mull over. That's a mega reference right there, thanks lordudesign.
Anyone have any other awesome shots of the actual Star wars blasters used in the films ??

Actually, the second one is the real prop. :thumbsup

The first one is Pat's replica, from parts made by us during the DL-44 discussion.

ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

Han Solo - Star Wars- A New Hope Laser Blaster - Hyper Accurate DL-44 Replica

-Carson

Hi folks.
I've spent many hours trawling through the blaster builds on this site, and I must say I'm very impressed. Wonderful work.
But I am now soooooo confused about which version is the "real" hero prop and which are good copies from each incarnation, which have the mystery disk and which don't. etc etc etc.

PLEASE can this thread ONLY, contain true prop reference images and no shots of anyone's builds, as I think the blaster builder community would like that very much.
To illustrate my dilemma, please can someone tell me which of these shots is the true ANH hero blaster !!!!
Any help will be appreciated
View attachment 587241View attachment 587242

Also, please feel free to add reference images of ANY Star Wars blasters you can find from any of the trilogy. But please , once again. No replicas on this thead if at al possible. Just so I can keep my sanity just long enough to finish my replica.

Thanks deadbolt for clearing that up for me, I don't really want to copy someone else's attempt at a replica, I would love to check out the reference images and make my own mind up on things. So far the image on the right is a genuine prop from the movie.

I've read all the threads on this site, (its taken a while !!! ) Hence my opening this thread. Sometimes discussions get a little to hard to follow especially as there are so many awesome replicas on this site.
Ill follow the version on the right until another reference comes up with the mystery disc on it.

I coud have sworn we already had a thread like this.

I suggest one thing... don't steal people's images... ASK them to post them in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

the pics with the mystery disc are still not good enough to really see the details of it.

apologies to anyone who may have taken offence, I didn't mean anything by using he images. I humbly agree to never do it again !! sorry all. But I didn't really know how to explain myself without an image or two.
great link to the thread Hyper accurate DL 44
Thanks for that.

epic tuff scottjua. I'm still looking for that definitive shot of the prop from ANH with the mystery disc ! I guess the only ones I can see on here with the disc are from ESB. am I correct in assuming this ?

epic tuff scottjua. I'm still looking for that definitive shot of the prop from ANH with the mystery disc ! I guess the only ones I can see on here with the disc are from ESB. am I correct in assuming this ?

the ones I posted are the best shots of the mystery disc. The chronicles shot probably would be the best but now it's only tiny in the book. Scans of that are pretty rough and not yielding much detail anyway.

So so until the original surfaces or I get access to the archives and LFL image database we're probably not going to see anything better than what's above.

Even dice seemed to have used my own blaster as reference/inspiration for the mystery disc for battlefront.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back