eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Yes the Wedge helmet I thought was really weathered well in the factory. I don't have one myself but I've handled one and I couldn't believe the factory had done it.

Really cool helmet. I been wanting it since day one. Sadly going to pass on it. I just don't see myself paying that much for any type of replica anymore

I think the weathering looks spot on to the reference - fantastic work as always, Gino :thumbsup

As Chris said, the only potential concern is QC on the factory weathering, but from recent offerings like the Wedge helmet it looks like this is in good hands. Really looking forward to receiving my Scout Legend. It's the first licensed helmet I've ever bought and the reason why I've dipped back into the hobby after 6 years. I'm really looking forward to all the upcoming Legend products, especially the ESB Fett and ANH full Stormtrooper suit, so I'd better get saving...

I saw this comment on rebelscum by Bryan

"So Gino was not wrong in his previous statements in regards to the materials and process to make the Scout Trooper. We had encountered issues with making it the way the original prop was made. But we were able to work with the factory in Asia to make this helmet in ABS."

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd really like confirmation on how this helmet is actually assembled.

Yes it's made from ABS.. But is it constructed in the same manner as the original (two halves joined), or by some other means?

This really needs to be definitely answered. It seems by using the word ABS is also leading people to the false assumption the Legend will also be accurately constructed.

Please Gino or Bryan can you answer this question? How is the efx ABS Scout helmet constructed?

Or is it manufactured using injection moulding?

Last edited:
The weathering looks accurate but not to my taste, I'm happy with a LE. I hope the ESB Fett remains close as possible to the paint scheme as it was on film, and you don't replicate all the blue marker pen, yellow crack, extra scratches other damage it's picked up over the years.

Personally I would be a bit surprised if the scout helmet was still made in halves given the difficulty in constructing it that way but what do I know...

As far as I know as of now, both helmets will be painted white as per the originals.

I'm glad to hear the 'Legend' is painted white. That way if the weathering is too heavy I can always mist over it a bit with some more white to tone it down.

Thgough I'm not getting one of these I'd say the legend looks pretty nice just like he's been looking up someones tail pipe :)

I always saw it as blaster scorch marks. :)

Yeah, I kinda felt this way too though I'm not sure how much sense it makes! Lol! Regardless, I guess we have to think of these helmets as a "historical" item of sorts. I'm not crazy about the weathering but it is accurate to the original prop and it is what it is. If we had an original Crescent City-used scout helmet in our hands, that's what it'd look like. If the weathering bothers anyone enough, there's theoretically nothing stopping them from removing it and making it look like a pristine Death Star hangar set helmet. For me the Legend helmets have enough going for them that I think I can deal with the spray paint weathering.

its a nice looking helemt thats for sure. very accurate. but hey Gino. ill try asking you here.
why is it you decided to leave out the rust markings on the helemt? i mean after all you said you wanted to duplicate the weathering. wouldn't that be part of it?
i asked you on another forum. and you said those were "probably" post production. so how do you know that for a fact? meaning that they were added after the filming of the movie?
if so how would you know this? did someone in LFL tell you this?
just trying to understand why you only weathered the black markings is all.
if you dont want to answer ill understand.

BTW a nice photo of dressing up a Scout by ILM guys:

Scout ILM 1.jpg

its a nice looking helemt thats for sure. very accurate. but hey Gino. ill try asking you here.
why is it you decided to leave out the rust markings on the helemt? i mean after all you said you wanted to duplicate the weathering. wouldn't that be part of it?
i asked you on another forum. and you said those were "probably" post production. so how do you know that for a fact? meaning that they were added after the filming of the movie?
if so how would you know this? did someone in LFL tell you this?
just trying to understand why you only weathered the black markings is all.
if you dont want to answer ill understand.

Here is the reply to your question, once again.

I think the rust colored marking prob occurred post filming. I do not remember seeing any other helmets with rust colored weathering. If there were any others with it, then they were most definitely the exception as opposed to the standard.

Here is the reply to your question, once again.

I think the rust colored marking prob occurred post filming. I do not remember seeing any other helmets with rust colored weathering. If there were any others with it, then they were most definitely the exception as opposed to the standard.

i see. so your thinking that they were not there during production and that they occurred after the fact. but couldn't they have happened during filming? .
i mean, just because some of the others didn't have the same markings doesn't mean that they didn't occur during production for that particular helmet you used for reference.
becasue its a possibility it could have. becasue all the different film used helmets i have seen on other sites have different markings. different scratches chips and dings that more than likely could have happened during production. and yes, they could have happened after production. but one would think that some of them, if not most of them did happen during production for they were being used heavily at that time.

so is what your saying is that based on all the other helmets and the weathering being different from one another you just used one weathering technique. and dint want to include scratches chips and dings for that the black over spray was the most consistent on all of them. for you think that only that one technique of weathering (black over spray) was the only technique used prior to them being handed out to the actors for use. and that you were trying to replicate that to get the prototype to look as the original helmets did prior to production?

i for one would think you guys could have at least incorporated some scratches chips and dings to the weathering to make it look even more authentic. or used for a better term.
as thought they were used in the film.
but i can understand the reasons why you didn't. such as that may have been too much for the production pieces tio have done t them. too tie consuming. just trying to get a better idea on the process and reasoning why you guys only choose just to use the black over spray as the one and only weathering technique. instead of adding the other techniques i mentioned.

if im coming off as asking the same question. or repeating myself i dont mean to. im new to all this prop business. so im just trying to figure out if the reason why you guys choose not to add the scratches chips and dings if that you were trying to capture the looks of the helmets prior to them being used for the film. instead of the looks of them post-production of the film.

and maybe im just being dense and your explanation covered all that. i guess i need an explanation for dummies...lol
but again, if you dont want to answer my questions ill understand.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back