STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

aaaah so brining back the arc mechanic

Like I always said, Rebels was full of arcs. Some seasonal and some spanning multi seasons, and some the entire series. Just because elements of an episode wrapped up in 22 minute didn't mean that elements didn't carry over with big and small impact.

i was not a fan of the four part stories in the final seasons of Clone Wars. If you did not care much for a story, you were stuck with it for a month. Plus it was 1/5 the season gone. Now, I won't mind the multi show final story as I expect it to be a lot of quality story and action. I'm expecting a fast paced sprint to the finish line.

Rebels has alluded to dark before. But they always let it go. How many times has Kanan been concerned about Ezra's role with the force? Specifically, the last season started off that way and then they kinda let it go

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rebels has alluded to dark before. But they always let it go. How many times has Kanan been concerned about Ezra's role with the force? Specifically, the last season started off that way and then they kinda let it go

True, but with this being the final season, I suspect the only one who is going to survive will be Hera and Chopper leading into Rogue One.

Why does that have to be? Can't this end differently? Can't we end this by opening a door to a different adventure? It's a big galaxy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not saying it can't be, however with the preview shown at Celebration, and rumored leaks...it ain't going to be sunshine and rainbows for our Ghost crew.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ahsokas-fate/
This does not sound good at all. A wolf?, seriously?! I hope this is not how we see Ahsoka again.
Here's a thought...Maybe rebels doesn't have to close the door on Ashoka? Maybe we find out about her on the NEXT show. Or we see her as an old woman in episode 9?

Rebels already closed the book on maul, they don't have to finish Ashoka, either.

If chopping Maul in half in TPM didn't close the door on him, why should this?
It will be interesting if Disney ever retells canon stories.

I loved what they did with maul in TCW. It was so smart.

But for the most part, he's been kind of flailing on rebels. Time and time again, people defend rebels as being directed to kids. Which is why it's curious that they even told Mauls story at all on rebels.

Why not save a darker character for medium that allows them to properly tell it.

Although I loved the actual confrontation with Kenobi, it felt quite shoehorned into rebels.

A standalone animated movie would have been a much better opportunity

Last edited:
. Time and time again, people defend rebels as being directed to kids.

And those people are wrong.

It is a show directed at a wide audience in which children are included as all the Star Wars movies are. Therefore storytelling keeps that in mind as much as they also keep in mind that adults are part of that audience too.

There are plenty of dark overtones and dark moments in Rebels and it never tried to sugar coat it but it shares the same level of vile you find in the Star Wars movies. Rebels had its share of death and deep story but yet because it is a cartoon on Disney XD, it gets tagged as a kids show. Yet a live action show like A-Team with no deaths and simplistic story is an adult series.

Here's a thought...Maybe rebels doesn't have to close the door on Ashoka? Maybe we find out about her on the NEXT show. Or we see her as an old woman in episode 9?

Rebels already closed the book on maul, they don't have to finish Ashoka, either.

Never stated that I did not want to see Ashoka again, but I certainly think it would be absolutely stupid to bring her back as some type of force wolf spirit animal.

And those people are wrong.

It is a show directed at a wide audience in which children are included as all the Star Wars movies are. Therefore storytelling keeps that in mind as much as they also keep in mind that adults are part of that audience too.

There are plenty of dark overtones and dark moments in Rebels and it never tried to sugar coat it but it shares the same level of vile you find in the Star Wars movies. Rebels had its share of death and deep story but yet because it is a cartoon on Disney XD, it gets tagged as a kids show. Yet a live action show like A-Team with no deaths and simplistic story is an adult series.
You can't really compare anything today to the standards of TV in the 80's. Generally, things were pretty bad back then.

The thing is, I think that all star wars should be directed at a general audience. (The same way that I don't believe there should be a Batman or Superman movie that I can't take my kids too)

But rebels is clearly a different show than the clone wars. Both in tone and sophistication.

So what does that mean?Is one aimed at kids and the other adults? Is rebels dumbed down?

When I was a kid and I discovered Macross, it blew my 8 year old mind. I felt respected by the people who made it. It was so much more than transformers or g.i. joe

Never stated that I did not want to see Ashoka again, but I certainly think it would be absolutely stupid to bring her back as some type of force wolf spirit animal.
I realize that, but if she comes back as a wolf then that is essentially the end of her. In the same way that obi wan Kenobi obi isn't really a viable character after his death.

We will never get the ongoing adventures of Ashoka the she-wolf

I've said this since i saw the trailer...

heres the huge hint

star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-topps-artist-series-cards-ahsoka-tano-10.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back