Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Yes but how do you convey that to the audience?Just have them silent? It's easier to just do it the way they did.

Ben

Why is that something that even needs to be conveyed to the audience? There is no plot point that depends upon knowledge of dark troopers communicating. They'd probably be more intimidating being eerily silent.

Having serious internet connection issues today... see if this goes through

I'm watching rogue one and noticed when the Death Star shoots the laser beam at scarif, and admaril daddy's is looking at the explosion, the shield is still around the planet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having serious internet connection issues today... see if this goes through

I'm watching rogue one and noticed when the Death Star shoots the laser beam at scarif, and admaril daddy's is looking at the explosion, the shield is still around the planet!

Sure that's not just the planet's atmosphere?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Why is that something that even needs to be conveyed to the audience? There is no plot point that depends upon knowledge of dark troopers communicating. They'd probably be more intimidating being eerily silent.

Ok im not going to argue the point anymore but ask one question of you. What is your theory on why they have scrambled voices? I've given mine.

Ben

In-universe? I don't have a retcon to explain the nonsensical.

Production-wise? Someone thought it would sound cool.

What is the deal with the death troopers voices? Is it said somewhere in any books what or who they are. Are they a special alien group? Humans that speak a different language?

What happens to Raddus? Did anyone make it off Scariff? Blue Squadron?

Just curious if this mentioned anywhere or in any books connected to the movie?

Also chances 2 tubes makes it of Jeddha? He was cool.

I may be late to answer, but the rogue one visual dictionary explains a lot of your questions

The death troopers use a voice scrambled, so outside of the helmet you can't hear what they are saying, but another death troopers helmet will pick up the scrambled voices and decode it. It's a way they can speak in stealth

Another tidbit and it's only hinted at and not confirmed is these troopers are genetically altered

As for Raddus, this was questioned and Pablo tweeted a picture of fried calamari... so I think it's safe to say raddus didn't make it... also ackbar is called admiral later on so I believe there is only 1 at a time..

Pretty sure all of blues squadron was destroyed, they were the firsts on scarif, and they were picked off 1 by 1 including there leader :(

Another thing to touch on when speaking of blue squadron, Pablo also mentioned the U wings were prototypes, and all were destroyed on scarif, this is why we don't see them throughout the rest of the trilogy

As for 2 tubes, we just learned in the rebels season 4 trailer 2 tubes is piloting saw's ship ( with saw sitting beside him)

Though rebels takes place before rogue one, we know 2 tubes has traveled off Jedda before rogue one.

The visual dictionary also touches on 2 tubes, he has a some what "twins" they were egg brothers, I guess born in the same egg? I can post a picture of his description later tonight if your interested

One last thing I found out was the crew of the hammer head corvette that takes out the star destroyer, u can see the hammer heads escape pods launch out. The crew escapes.... but lands on scarif, only to be eventually captured, tortured and destroyed :(

This is all I know of those questions u asked, hope this helps

Another thing to touch on when speaking of blue squadron, Pablo also mentioned the U wings were prototypes, and all were destroyed on scarif, this is why we don't see them throughout the rest of the trilogy

That's interesting especially if it becomes canon that the Incom staff fled with the X-Wing prototypes like in the old EU. Then it would make sense if they brought other designs and prototypes. It also makes way for a super awesome Rebel Gunship (upgraded Republic Gunship maybe?) in the future.

halliwax said:
One last thing I found out was the crew of the hammer head corvette that takes out the star destroyer, u can see the hammer heads escape pods launch out. The crew escapes.... but lands on scarif, only to be eventually captured, tortured and destroyed :(

Well that's a bummer. They acted like they did that so we would be happy the crew escaped!

That's interesting especially if it becomes canon that the Incom staff fled with the X-Wing prototypes like in the old EU. Then it would make sense if they brought other designs and prototypes. It also makes way for a super awesome Rebel Gunship (upgraded Republic Gunship maybe?) in the future.

Well that's a bummer. They acted like they did that so we would be happy the crew escaped!

all this information came from pablo himself. i too was excited when he said if you look real close you can see the escape pods launch from the hammer head. i have yet to see it on screen, then the following sentence he said they land on scarif and... well they aren't with us anymore

all this information came from pablo himself. i too was excited when he said if you look real close you can see the escape pods launch from the hammer head. i have yet to see it on screen, then the following sentence he said they land on scarif and... well they aren't with us anymore

I used to think pablo had a legitimate job. now i seem to think it's like he makes stuff up just to cover questions and THEN it becomes cannon.
not sure if i'm the only one who feels that way after how this supposedly new great story group has been handling things :)

The "good" Imperials don't need to rebel.
The Emperor dissolved the Galactic Senate and according to Takin the local military governors maintain control.
The same was the First Order survives in the future so too could remnants of the Old Republic.
All it takes is one governor of a remote outer system to retain a representative form of government and still play nice with the Empire just for appearances.

Example, Bespin was autonomous until the Lando Vader double cross.

And Thanks to the prequels, if Vader was a misdirected good man all about getting power for law and order, bla bla bla... why allow the Hutts and slavery to remain?
Vader gets in one of his revenge moods, remembers his childhood in slavery and wipes out the slave traders. Didn't happen.

Vader was just a bad dude that should have been replaced after the Clone Wars. His only use was as a traitor to kill Jedi and the Skywalker name should be lower than mud and a warning to the rest of the universe.

I don't think Vader is allowed to do much without the Emperor approving of it. So the Sith must not have a problem with the Hutts staying in control of the territory they possess.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back