Walking Dead Season 7

I kind of sucks how I have now accepted the crappy writing and non sense story lines that have ALWAYS been there, just when everybody else seems to just be noticing it .

You can go all the way back to the CDC bull .
Stupid people, making stupid decisions based on stupid situations .

Hell Carl is even using a FNAL piece o crap !
There decent weapons except there overly heavy (although I think his has synthetic stock so that helps) overly long (good for distance , hasn't needed that though)
But the main reason I HATE that rifle is if you hit the little button on the top of the stock the gun disassembles in your hand.

Seen it 3 times one in a gun store, once at the range and my favorite was on top shots T.V. show right in the middle of shooting .

O.K. personal rant about FNAL over .

Oh I hate 'em .

- - - Updated - - -

I was actually thinking that. I did love how the tiger came
jumping in though.

I just really REALLY hope they don't drag this war out to all 16 episodes. Even 8 is a bit much. 3 would be fine, capture Negan and get on with it.
The writer dude kind of implies on talking dead the first four episodes of next season might wrap up the war story line .

I hope so. The build up of Negan was probably better than Negan himself. While he does have some cool parts, there going to really over do it if they don't end it too soon.

Gotta love this old meme that gets trotted out any time someone tries to have a serious discussion about their feelings towards the show. People have stopped watching. Truly stopped because the quality is so bad that they're better off just letting it go, regardless of how much they once cared for the show. It's pretty narrow minded to disregard those people just because you've decided you know they'll keep watching.

My comment was pretty much tongue in check. But, for so many to claim that they have stopped watching they still seem to be watching just to come and complain about the show. Hey, I know TWD is not Shakespeare, or Gone With the Wind, it's just a show about made up characters living in a zombie infested world. To try and overlay real world events, actions, science, mentality, behavioral patterns is just asking a bit much for a Sunday night popcorn show.
No offense intended, or implied.

I don't think wanting a quality show is asking too much. Especially when all the ingredients are there and the show just needs someone that knows how to use them.

I'm not going to say anything like, "I'm so done with this show," because I'm not at all. TWD has had it's stinker moments and great ones. I will be back next season for more and am hoping for a strong season 8.

That being said....

This was a bit of a clustered garbage end to season 7 and was disappointed. I'm getting super sick and tired of the way these episodes are getting edited with so much padding and wish they would just go more linear instead of, "Oooh! Guess when this actually happened? Nope, not now, but we'll come back to that in 5 minutes and then we'll just keep throwing tidbits of it in there every so often til we catch up to that point in this episode." Just let the scenes play out and stop making them so long filed with stuff we don't need to see, like 5 whole minutes of Maggie and Sascha staring at a sunset. And then Abraham and Sascha speaking so quietly I had to crank up the volume every time it would go back to them. None of this stuff was valuable to me.

Something happened to my thoughts on Negan though when it was getting near the end before the tiger surprise. The dialogue was just feeling weak and his character is now starting to burn out for me. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching how nasty of a guy JDM can play and has really done a superior job doing it. I think it's time to just get this story arc done.

My biggest WTF moment was the VERY end where here Negan is walking out to his army announcing they are going to war, and meanwhile Alexandria is slowly rebuilding doing some mundane everyday things, KNOWING Negan just got away and was heading back to gather their huge army, not to mention the many others who were secretly helping him that disappeared, just going about life like they were going to be okay. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! They're sitting ducks in there if they don't figure out what the heck to do fast. Negan's got weapons and numbers. They're going to come back so fast and hard with what they got i'd be surprised if any of Rick's crew make it out of there alive at this point.

The finale was just sloppy. It probably wasn't the worst ever, but I certainly wasn't amped over it or feeling there was anything of value I got from it other than Rick making another big oversight and that people should think about ditching his *** about now and finding a better leader.

I'll be back next season. They just need to clean this crap up.

Last edited:
I've got to agree with all of you, this was pretty lackluster. But other than the first episode, I would have to say it was the best of the season. At least SOMETHING happened--not much, but at least something. To a first time viewer I would tell them to watch the first and last episodes of the season and skip all the rest because absolutely nothing gets done the entire season.

When the garbage pail kids did their doublecross all I could think was "oh great, now we've got to wait a whole 'nother season for Rick to build up another army for the war".

I loved the episode! See all you haters for the season 8 premier in 7 months, lol. Like a bad accident, you will be back to watch, you know you will!!!!!

They foreshadowed what happened with Sasha pretty well in the preceding episodes. Not sure if her Star Trek deal made that happen or if that follows anything from comic cannon.

Sasha isn't actually in the comic, or if she is, she's basically a side character who dies early. It's a different character in the comics, and the scene plays out differently.

Gotta love this old meme that gets trotted out any time someone tries to have a serious discussion about their feelings towards the show. People have stopped watching. Truly stopped because the quality is so bad that they're better off just letting it go, regardless of how much they once cared for the show. It's pretty narrow minded to disregard those people just because you've decided you know they'll keep watching.

I know I've stopped watching. I peek in at reviews and look in on this thread to see if maybe it's getting better. Doesn't sound like it has.

My comment was pretty much tongue in check. But, for so many to claim that they have stopped watching they still seem to be watching just to come and complain about the show. Hey, I know TWD is not Shakespeare, or Gone With the Wind, it's just a show about made up characters living in a zombie infested world. To try and overlay real world events, actions, science, mentality, behavioral patterns is just asking a bit much for a Sunday night popcorn show.
No offense intended, or implied.

Well, the thing is, it doesn't have to be Shakespeare, but the show has billed itself and shown itself to be capable of rising above the quality of mere zombie schlock. The problem is that those days are now long gone, and the show basically seems to veer between either dragging its feet to get to anything exciting, or whiffing on the execution of major moments.

I've got to agree with all of you, this was pretty lackluster. But other than the first episode, I would have to say it was the best of the season. At least SOMETHING happened--not much, but at least something. To a first time viewer I would tell them to watch the first and last episodes of the season and skip all the rest because absolutely nothing gets done the entire season.

When the garbage pail kids did their doublecross all I could think was "oh great, now we've got to wait a whole 'nother season for Rick to build up another army for the war".

Yeh, but the show has been doing that for YEARS now. Loooooong stretches of nothing happening and just kind of treading water, only to then have some big rushed ending that actually only drags things out further. I've had mattresses that weren't as padded as this show is!

Yeah, I'm sure you're right, but I am relatively new to the show. This is the first season I have actually watched in real-time. I binge watched the first 6 seasons this last summer so all the slow parts weren't really slow for me as there was always another episode to go straight into. Those slow-drags are not nearly as noticeable in a binge watch. Which is what I wish I had done for this season.

The best episode of the season was Eugene's episode 'Hostiles and Calamities'. Actually felt like some of the better previous season's writing and directing.

Wow...

I quit watching TWD after a couple episodes this season. Haven't missed it a bit. I figured I'd stop in to see if I missed something huge after the finale... turns out I didn't miss anything all season.

I'm glad I got that hour if time back on my Sunday evenings.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

if they follow all of your advice and cut out the filler to stream line the story that there is a name for that .

Its called a movie !!!

Anybody know what kind of gun Daryll wound up blasting away
with, looked quite unique in design. As for how the Tiger knew who to munch on, King Ezekiel keeps a laser pointer in his non shooting hand. ;)

Laser pointer classic !

I like how the tiger seemed to know to destroy the head so they don't come back .

Plus if I was Carl I would go get that tiger a deer for a present for saving my butt as soon as the war is over .

That need to go to the seaside village and lie there butts off tell them they have the saviors on the run . and have them as a surprise

Rick and a small group of useless townies should be the decoy .

Just imagine if the seaside crew were there to cut off the saviors as the retreated .

Negan flipping the bird speeding away only to be blasted in the face by Rebecca

Anybody know what kind of gun Daryll wound up blasting away with, looked quite unique in design.

Just your standard M4 type with an extended triangular handguard. Looks to be a PRECISION REFLEX, INC. - AR-15/M16GEN III DELTA CARBON FIBER FOREARM with rails galore and no sites or optics *facepalm

darylbarrel.jpg~original

There is a much cheaper airsoft version of the foregrip/handguard made by madbull I believe. I've seen it on evike. Also called a delta handguard if memory serves.

I have no intention to stop watching the show. I may complain a bit here and there, might have a few disappointing episodes, but I still like the show. I like the genre. I like the comic. I don't think talking about things you liked, thought worked, didn't like, etc, means you should just stop watching a show.

I'm going to rewatch the finale too. Just to see if it works a bit better for me knowing there is a scene that destroys the tension.

I'm still looking forward to the next season.

Dwight left the soldier letting them know he didn't double cross them. Sheva btw was ripping out the guys throat which is Tiger accurate.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back