Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

Awesome R2 - FYI - not to hijack the thread, but let us know where we can see more details in that R2 and other props.

Just saw your post. Thank you so much! We have done so many threads over the years I'd have to look.
But here is the most recent thread we've done.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=274176
My dad and I made our bathroom a Haunted Mansion theme! I know it's not what you asked for but if I come across one of those threads I will let you know. :)

~ I Athena I

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if anyone has found this already, but, I stumbled across it while looking for resources for a 3D model of her bat. It has all the cursive text that's written on her bat.
http://dccomicsmovie.com/the-words-on-harley-quinns-bat-in-suicide-squad-revealed/

That's not 100% accurate, but the accurate text has been discovered earlier in the thread, I think on page 6?

This image includes most of the text in the handwritten-font, it just doesn't include the final paragraph unfortunately (but it includes some measurements that I believe are for the diamond pattern? could be useful!)
baseball bat handwriting.png

For anyone that's trying to get as close to the accurate ear cuff as possible, there's this fairly detailed image I've found:
IMG_20170303_134501_558.jpg

After looking at a few references, the amount of safety pins range from 5 to 7
cuff earring.png

There's some that are spiked (I think 2-3 of them are, depending on whether or not some of the safety pins are plain) and the closest matching earrings I found that looked like them were these Tim Binn gold safety pin earrings:
tim binn safety pin earrings.jpg

Then there's also some that have rhinestones, I believe around 3-4? I found these Rachel Roy earrings that look pretty close:
rachel roy safety pin earrings.jpg

It's hard to find anywhere that sells them and when I have found them, they're out of stock. The Tim Binn ones are pretty expensive (almost £200) but the Rachel Roy ones are a lot more affordable (at roughly £20), but still they might be good references for anyone else that wanted to have a go at crafting these themselves.

Assuming that all of the safety pins are decorated, I would say there's 3 spiked ones, and 4 with rhinestones.

Also an update on the 3D spiked cuff bracelets I was working on - I've not heard anything from my local 3D printer so I've been looking into ordering a prototype somewhere else. I *think* I've fixed everything that needed to be fixed, so hopefully this will be successful. I'll let you guys know.

Update on the 3D Spiked Cuff:

3D print test.png

I received my test model from Shapeways earlier today, it came out better than I expected! The only thing I'd like to change is the width of the band, it seems a little thin to me- this is a comparison of a cuff I made with worbla:
cuffcomparison.jpg

If you're interested, it's on shapeways **edited by staff**

I'm not sure what to do about sizing at the moment, I've only made things for people that were physically in front of me or for myself, and I have quite small features. Please check the size of your wrist before getting one, I don't want you to waste your money on something that doesn't fit!
And if you have any advice for sizing, I'd be grateful! Even if it's just to tell me your wrist's maximum width.

Depending on the print material you could heat it up and modify the size +- depending on how bit the open gap part is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have clear screenshots or found images of her jewelry in the nightclub scene? It's difficult to pin down all of them.
Thanks in advance!

It's taken a long time just to find these pieces, and I'm still working on the rest but I'm sure this will be helpful to a lot of people as it is, and I hope others can let us know the pieces that I haven't identified yet!

harley club scene.png

I'll start with the left hand.
Update: I believe the actual ring she wears is this Fallon Pave Labyrinth Double Ring
The closest matching, affordable full-finger ring I've found is this
It's not 100%, but other cosplayers have used it and removed the extra finger piece and it looks pretty good.

I haven't identified the exact rings, but just search for stack rings and you should find some that look close enough. There's two on both fingers.

The chunky chain is I believe the J.Crew pave chunky chain bracelet
There's a lot of cheaper replicas online that you can buy that look very similar, such as this

I haven't identified the beaded bracelet, but it looks to me like metal bali beads (the ones on the far right) Just put them on a long piece of string or elastic or something, and wrap it around your wrist 5 times (hers looks like it was actually a long necklace of beads or something that was wrapped around her wrist)

On the right hand, I haven't been able to identify the black diamond ring. It's an open-band ring, with a black rhombus shape on one side, and what looks like a sort-of pyramid/stud and some rhinestones? I've done a digital drawing and 3D model of what I think the main design looks like:
rhombus ring.png

The big silver ring has been identified by other cosplayers as being the Kenneth Jay Lane Crystal Starburst ring (though there are others that look just like it too)

The rings on the 3rd finger is a triple-band ring on the base of the finger and a triple-band midi ring above the knuckle, I haven't identified the exact rings but you could get away with anything that looked similar.
rings.png

The palm bracelets to me look like a Fallon studded palm cuff bracelet and the other looks like it could be a Fallon pave palm cuff bracelet

The bracelet is Alexis Bittar's Jagged Diamond Cluster Cuff and it's almost impossible to find

The earrings are also Alexis Bittar, they're the Encrusted Orbiting hoop earrings and then in her left ear, she has another earring which is a double-pearl earring but I haven't found an exact match for it yet, but something like this
Update: I suspect it might be another Fallon piece, the Fallon Shalom Ball piercing

This is the closest-match I've found for the hammered metal arm cuff

You can find her necklace by searching for "Harley loves Joker necklace"

I haven't identified everything else yet.

Last edited:
It's taken a long time just to find these pieces, and I'm still working on the rest but I'm sure this will be helpful to a lot of people as it is, and I hope others can let us know the pieces that I haven't identified yet!

View attachment 725369

I'll start with the left hand.
The closest matching full-finger ring I've found is this
It's not 100%, but other cosplayers have used it and removed the extra finger piece.

I haven't identified the exact rings, but just search for stack rings and you should find some that look close enough. There's two on both fingers.

The chunky chain is I believe the J.Crew pave chunky chain bracelet
There's a lot of cheaper replicas online that you can buy that look very similar, such as this

I haven't identified the beaded bracelet, but it looks to me like metal bali beads (the ones on the far right) Just put them on a long piece of string or elastic or something, and wrap it around your wrist 5 times (hers looks like it was actually a long necklace of beads or something that was wrapped around her wrist)

On the right hand, I haven't been able to identify the black diamond ring. It's an open-band ring, with a black rhombus shape on one side, and what looks like a sort-of pyramid/stud and some rhinestones? I've done a digital drawing and 3D model of what I think the main design looks like:
View attachment 725372

The big silver ring has been identified by other cosplayers as being the Kenneth Jay Lane Crystal Starburst ring (though there are others that look just like it too)

The rings on the 3rd finger is a triple-band ring on the base of the finger and a triple-band midi ring above the knuckle, I haven't identified the exact rings but you could get away with anything that looked similar.
View attachment 725370

The palm bracelets to me look like a Fallon studded palm cuff bracelet and the other looks like it could be a Fallon pave palm cuff bracelet

The bracelet is Alexis Bittar's Jagged Diamond Cluster Cuff and it's almost impossible to find

The earrings are also Alexis Bittar, they're the Encrusted Orbiting hoop earrings and then in her left ear, she has another earring which is a double-pearl earring but I haven't found an exact match for it yet, but something like this

This is the closest-match I've found for the hammered metal arm cuff

You can find her necklace by searching for "Harley loves Joker necklace"

I haven't identified everything else yet.

Thank you tons for this! I've identified a few things but not as much as this, so thank you again!

Hi, Harley lovers! Sorry for just sending this now, but I've been absent for a bit getting out SS Joker/Harley 3D-printed orders. We hope to be able to have options outside of the standard plastic (either metal molded or printed with metal filament), in addition to custom-sizing them. My current ones are obnoxiously big. We're also working on the hinged ring, custom-sized. We're working on getting a screen-accurate ear cuff and spiked/stoned safety pins up. We do have the designs for the screen-accurate speed loaders and bullets.

And someone mentioned it earlier, but I did buy a 3D-printed gun from Traywick on Etsy and I love it! (My partner bought their version of the Joker's gun and razor too, and they're great!) Probably by far the most expensive items in our cosplays (we bought them unfinished, too), but super worth it.

Also someone mentioned wood-grain rubber bats - I found one on eBay and I love it. My only problem is getting Sharpie to want to write on it (I even precoated with appropriate spray). Does the original poster of the rubber bat have any tips on this? Much appreciated!

UPDATE: Traywick has altered their design to be more screen accurate, but I did order a new Harley gun from PYOS3D for the accuracy and all the moving parts.

Last edited:
You have to do a Harley Quinn costume at some point don’t you, it’s ones of the rules

Got back into cosplay a bit earlier this year and after seeing the Suicide Squad (actually I quite enjoyed the movie) movie decided I wanted to that particular version of Harley. If you can’t beat them, join them

Like many many other I just ordered one off Ebay and various accessories from Amazon, because I’m lazy and am not particularly good at sewing. I arrived and it fitted (Which can be a problem because I’m on the large side), but then I noticed how much was wrong. I’m lazy but also a perfectionist, which isn’t a good combination.

First the short shorts. The ones supplied where shiny lycra and although they fitted, they didn’t fit quite right. Also the ones in the film are sequinned not plain spandex. So DIY. Found red and blue sequin fabric in a couple of local fabric shops and I drafted a pattern that would ever so slightly cheeky. I read horrors about sewing sequin fabrics on the net and how you had to remove all the sequins along the seam lines first, but I tried it on my sewing machine and it seemed to punch right through the sequins with little effort. I was worried about bits falling into the machines workings though, so I sewed over a sheet of tissue paper. I also made them high waist instead of low rise because I don’t have the figure to go around flashing mid rift.

First test pair where OK, but rather scratchy and a little see through, they definitely needed lining. Mk II where deemed to be a keeper, I used stretch Suba fabric for the lining, but even with that they’re still a bit scratchy, so I’m going to wear thick dance tights underneath.

33986155293_008aaa12dd_h.jpg

The accessories where a mixed bag, some like the purple cuffs where OK, but the collar was too small (As I said, I’m rather large) and the spiked cuffs were strips of gold leatherette that fasten with a press stud, not cuff bangles like they are in the film. I took the letters and buckle from the original collar and made a new one with some synthetic leather sprayed gold. For the cuffs. I found some very cheap and simple cuff bangles in Primark and just glued and trimmed the leather on to them. The belt was originally a simply a regular black and silver studded belt, I sprayed the studs gold, remove the buckle and instead used Velcro to secure it and made the diamond out of PVC foamboard.

As I’d got most of the costume together and it appeared to work I ordered some boots. The film ones, as was very quickly pointed out, where Adidas by Jeremy Scott, part of his 2014 collection, but with the orange bits recoloured red. These where £250 new, but I think the film made them collectors’ items and they now go, if you can find them, for even sillier money. And I severely doubt they ever came in my size anyway. So it’s going to have to be a replica pair, there’s dozens of them on Ebay and cosplay sites, but most wouldn’t do my size (UK 9), but I eventually found a cosplay site that said they would. They arrived quicker than expected but where rather disappointing. First they weren’t very accurate and had kitten heels not stilettoes, the build quality wasn’t great and they didn’t fit, they where too narrow and rather painful after wearing them for five minutes. Oh well, I found buying stuff from cosplay sites in China to be rather hit and miss, sometimes it’s great and fits perfectly and other times, oh dear.

34795650845_b6a4d2f984_h.jpg

So boots Mk II. I looked around for some base boots in white matt synthetic leather, the nearest I could find where some inexpensive Go Go boots off Ebay, but they had block heels and a larger platform, which isn’t perfect, but it would have to do. I really wanted a pair of Devious INDULGE 2000 boots as they're almost perfect, but they don't seem to come in white anymore.

Converting them to something that looked like the film boots took a while. I found I could draw on the matt white leather with a 2b pencil and rub it out afterwards, so I just drew on where the black bits had to go and then copied the parts off with tracing paper to make patterns. My reliable local fabric shops provided cheap synthetic leather in black, red and white, though the white wasn’t quite a perfect match, but what to attach it to the boots with. I couldn’t get most of the parts and the boots through a sewing machine, so it’s going to have to be glue. I tried half a dozen glues, super glue and even contact glue didn’t seem to work very well and didn’t hold, neither did fabric glue or hot glue, but seemed to work best was regular Bostik all-purpose clear. Reading up on it I found the solvent in it slightly melts PVC (synthetic leather) and thus bonds it rather well. Also its cheap and easy to get, gives a little working time, but it can be messy and stringy though.

The base boots had to be shorted a little and a couple of holes cut into them. After that it was basically just cutting out the new leatherette parts, sometime I made them oversized and trimmed to fit and gluing them on the boots. I did a little decorative top stitching on some of the bits as well. The eyelets where sourced from Ebay, white ones proved a little hard to find than regular silver or brass ones. The Adidas logo’s where downloaded off Google image search, resized and printed onto transfer paper. Then I ironed them onto a piece of white cotton (I tried ironing them on to the synthetic leather… bad mistake, the leather just melted and I had to clean the iron) and cut and glue the cotton patches to the leather. The heels where simply brush painted red with Liquitex acrylic.

There’s a couple of bits left to do, I need better flat laces, Ebay can provide them and there’s a strap that goes over the front but I need a rectangular split ring for them. Also have to do the left boot now.

Thank you for doing these and putting them up on shapeways. Mine arrived today and fit perfectly. Just waiting for the paint to dry now.

Update on the 3D Spiked Cuff:

View attachment 720783

I received my test model from Shapeways earlier today, it came out better than I expected! The only thing I'd like to change is the width of the band, it seems a little thin to me- this is a comparison of a cuff I made with worbla:
View attachment 720784

If you're interested, it's on shapeways **edited by staff**

I'm not sure what to do about sizing at the moment, I've only made things for people that were physically in front of me or for myself, and I have quite small features. Please check the size of your wrist before getting one, I don't want you to waste your money on something that doesn't fit!
And if you have any advice for sizing, I'd be grateful! Even if it's just to tell me your wrist's maximum width.

I've updated my spiked cuff so it's almost exactly accurate now - I have no plans to update this model further.

The band's width matches the description I read of the Kesha Rose cuff (which said it was 2¾inch/4.5cm) I also matched the width of the rim to a photo so the proportions are all much closer to the original.

Because the band is wider, the cuff is slightly more expensive than my old one, so I fully understand if this is inconvenient or inefficient for anyone. I'm sure you could order just one, and make a mold out of it and make copies with a cheaper material?

I recommend that when you sand it down, sand the spikes a bit - I scratched my boyfriends arm while wearing them!

**edited by staff**

Hey guys, is the gold part of the sleeves on the jacket the same fabric as the whole parts of the jacket (the one like hot topic)?
I have noticed that Hot Topic ones have the accurate fabric of the jacket, and I am wondering if they got right fabric for the gold sleeve part too.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back