Blade Runner 2049

I'm pumped now!

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    949.2 KB · Views: 246
The Replicants have a 4 year span: when Rachael was "built" she had a certain look. That look won't change along the years; she'll die "young" (no pun intended).
No pun.... you sly fox. LOL.

Oh.... I did not know that. I thought all this time that only certain replicants were given a reduced lifespan. I assumed the earlier replicants may not have been capped off. The replicant builders capped off the age later due to replicant design changes imposed because of safety and protection strategies when they discovered that replicants behaviours were unfavourable to humans as they aged, adapted. The nexus series replicants for example got built with a 4 year life span.... Nexus 7 and 8s for example could have been more than 4 years....the movie did not really say, but Rachel could have been more than 4 years? She was one of Tyrell's special new improved pieces.

Always thought he was a replicant, gave Leon a heads up on the VK test and possibly armed him, gave him a heads up on the apartment search, gave Batty a run down on the guy after them Deckard, the good man and a few other things. Will be great to see if its not just time delusion on my part.

Always thought he was a replicant, gave Leon a heads up on the VK test and possibly armed him, gave him a heads up on the apartment search, gave Batty a run down on the guy after them Deckard, the good man and a few other things. Will be great to see if its not just time delusion on my part.

You mean Gaff? No way he was a replicant. In the deleted scenes in the special edition where Gaff has more to do with the story; when he and Deckard search Leon's apartment, Leon is actually in the apartment hiding so Gaff couldn't have given him the heads up. Gaff was also trying to work his way up to a promotion and actually had Deckard under surveillance and even has a meeting with Bryant about it. It's also why Gaff was able suddenly just appear in the Bradbury building and even retrieve Deckard's pistol for him. He was following him the whole time and potentially even act as clean up on any replicants Deckard wouldn't have finished off.

Those deleted scenes actually point more to Gaff being a replicant I think and were changed because of it.

At the start of the hotel scene we hear though Deckard`s narration that Gaff said the hotel address was probably a phoney, why would he (Leon) give the real one?
Could be just sloppy, lazy police work from Gaff but maybe not. Buying time for Leon to get his pictures? The end product saw Leon standing on a street corner pretty much waiting for them to leave.

The first thing Leon went for after Deckard and Gaff left was the match figure.

In the Dandy deleted scene, Deckard describes Gaff as new to the unit, so this guy shows up and everything else just by coincidence starts to happen?

In the deleted scene with Bryant, Gaff says "I spit on metaphysics Sir". That could be interpreted in a number of ways.

Its a stretch I know but I think that Ridders had more ideas for Gaff that were for whatever reason at the time not able to be told

I need to watch the original again, its been a while for me. Although I've only ever seen the Directors Cut DVD. I had heard the theater cut had narration in parts or something like that.
Which version do most of you guys prefer? I need to watch it again before I go see the new movie to get back up to speed.

I need to watch the original again, its been a while for me. Although I've only ever seen the Directors Cut DVD. I had heard the theater cut had narration in parts or something like that.
Which version do most of you guys prefer? I need to watch it again before I go see the new movie to get back up to speed.

A lot of people hate the theatrical cut with the narration; I actually don't mind it and still watch it once in a while. The Final Cut that came out a few years ago is probably considered the definitive version though and the one I watch the most.

I like both, just depends on my mood. The theatrical cut has a more film nor / old school detective vibe to it compared to either the directors or Final cut of the film. In my opinion.

TFS with us Tim...I think that they've managed to keep a low profile in terms of pics and trailers for a reason. No spoilers, no...nothing. I'm stoked!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back