Soda syphon - ESB part? Maybe more?

I tried to send the supplier the following message but after ten tries to enter their, I'm not a robot code, I gave up.

"I have been searching forever for this exact hose. I know it sounds weird but it is the exact hose used on a Star Wars Prop. For the love of God I just need one. Maybe ten or so for my fellow movie prop fans.

Please advise."

I don't know if anyone else wants to take a shot.

- - - Updated - - -

We only need to buy 5,000

I don't know if the old threads are still in the database, but all this was well covered years ago, worth a search.

I think it was after Chris all but stopped updating Parts of Star Wars, though, so it's probably not there....

I don't know if the old threads are still in the database, but all this was well covered years ago, worth a search.

I think it was after Chris all but stopped updating Parts of Star Wars, though, so it's probably not there....

yeah we can't find it :( i've searched for weeks. that's why i started this new one.

you don't happen to remember any details about that old thread do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this in an antique shop. Do you think that I should buy it?

IMG_3794.JPGIMG_3795.JPGIMG_3796.JPG

Usually if you have to buy in that many quantities they will send a couple samples for a small fee

That is a great idea but I can't seem to get the message to send. No matter how many times I enter their "I am not a robot" code it won't go.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this in an antique shop. Do you think that I should buy it?

View attachment 670797View attachment 670798View attachment 670799

There are a bunch on Ebay. I would wait until you find the one with the correct top.

I have to concede, the gas tank in Han's belt is an exact match for the Nitrous Oxide from the Archer microflame torch used by the jawas, not a soda one. Lonepigeon was right, I have a real torch here and the can is spot on.

I thought it was the Microflame piece years ago, but it is ABSOLUTELY a soda charge on Han's belt. Made by Sparklets. I bought a box of them a long time ago and sold off my spares.

Sorry I missed this thread until now. I'm not on here much.
I did know about the Sparklets soda siphon top and bulb holder used on the breathing canister.
I'm pretty certain the exact scuba mask strap is from a vintage Mares Ventosa mask (the box for which can be seen in behind the scenes prop workshop pics).
I looked into soda siphon levers for the Luke ROTJ V2 and never found a match.

I think someone already mentioned above that the sparklets siphon tops (two white ones) were also used on 2-1B's medical computer stand too.

I have to concede, the gas tank in Han's belt is an exact match for the Nitrous Oxide from the Archer microflame torch used by the jawas, not a soda one. Lonepigeon was right, I have a real torch here and the can is spot on.

I thought it was the Microflame piece years ago, but it is ABSOLUTELY a soda charge on Han's belt. Made by Sparklets. I bought a box of them a long time ago and sold off my spares.

I did know about the Sparklets soda siphon top and bulb holder used on the breathing canister.
I'm pretty certain the exact scuba mask strap is from a vintage Mares Ventosa mask (the box for which can be seen in behind the scenes prop workshop pics).

I think someone already mentioned above that the sparklets siphon tops (two white ones) were also used on 2-1B's medical computer stand too.

Holly crap that is some awesome info.

Thanks so much.

Nothing matching on Ebay yet but the hunt is on.

Thanks again

Thank you Chris! Nice to see you on :)

One of the (very few!) perks of living in the UK is that we have LOADS of the correct vintage soda syphons on eBayUK. Picked this one up for £4:

toTvOqy.jpg

And I looked this out from the back of a cupboard (I bought a pair years ago from an RPF member who was doing runs of the cast for the AT-AT helmet):

d1bfkwr.jpg

G7leNsq.jpg

Vintage dive mask ordered from eBay. And Nebulizer mask. I'm HOPING that the nebulizer mask I receive actually looks like the one in the picture....

Ready to join the fun.... :)

So, reference images? These are the best that I've come across from the online Blu Ray gallery (cropped):

Bottle details:

SsdN7xz.jpg

t7nLaLP.jpg

M18oB4h.jpg

3yTUT5L.jpg

Breath mask greeblie details:

3WzB6iz.jpg

jP4s1Dv.jpg

The 2 above appear to have domed, almost hemispherical details either side of the nose, whereas on the one below they appear flat/stepped a bit like half a popper stud:

LEqFMpK.jpg

Does anyone else see that, or is it just me? Could be a trick of the lighting if the piece is made from transparent plastic? Or different greeblies were used on the two (Han and Leia) masks, which were mixed up between takes by the actors?

Likewise, some sort of dome shape.

i was looking into model hubcaps like halliwax stated a page or two back but haven't came up with anything close

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome stuff LoneP!! Where have you been hiding?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back