Help Identifying or Reproducing Constantine Keychain

Tmsray2954

This is my Holy Grail prop. To refresh your memories, the opening exorcist scene in Constantine, he takes out a key chain of religious medals near the window and flips through them until he gets a reaction from the possessed girl. I've used all different keywords on etsy, ebay, etc. Browsed through hundreds of websites Over the last few years. Once, last year I actually saw the missing medal as part of a bracelet on ebay but sadly, I couldn't spend $700 on a piece of jewelry just to remove one medal. I had saved the images off the eBay listing but then my laptop crashed and all was lost.

I do know the Virgin Mary was in the center, surrounded by 7 other figures, one of which was a dove. The back was marked TM which indicates a miraculous medal. It was sterling silver and had the company's name on it too.

I was wondering if anyone can help me identify it, know a place to purchase one, has one for sale, or if anyone already owns one would let me make a mold of theirs so I can cast my own. Of course I'd send collateral.

This is the only photo I could find online of the medal I'm looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the one circled in white, the one below

I'm no expert but I believe they're both the same medal only with different designs. If that's the case it's an All Saints Devotion 7 way medal.

It basically combines 7 medals in one:
1. Miraculous Medal a.k.a. Medal of the Immaculate Conception;
2. St. Christopher's medal (revered - among others - by travellers);
3. St. Joseph's medal (patron saint against hesitation and doubts);
4. St. Therese of the Child ***** a.k.a St. Therese of Lisieux (patron of the missions);
5. St. Thaddeus' a.k.a st Jude's medal (patron saint of lost or forgotten causes);
6. Sacred Heart (representation of His divine love for humanity);
7. Our Lady of Lourdes medal (patron saint of bodily ills).

You can get them on ebay. Just search for this term "Creed Sterling Silver All Saints Devotions 4 Way Medal w Chain". That is, if this is the same one?

Attachments

• aa57.JPG
    aa57.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 3,332
As noted above, the medal is by Creed Jewelry (Christian Brands) - item number SS442

The one circled in white Is a 7 way from HMH - item number S147724

Like you, I'd like to know what else was on his keyring to find all of them. (Might have to watch again to see if there are any clear views)

I just had a joygasm! Thank you guys so much!

- - - Updated - - -

As noted above, the medal is by Creed Jewelry (Christian Brands) - item number SS442

The one circled in white Is a 7 way from HMH - item number S147724

Like you, I'd like to know what else was on his keyring to find all of them. (Might have to watch again to see if there are any clear views)

I agree, I think that's going to be my plan tonight. If you search "religious medal" on ebay, you can find most of them, but I too want a complete set

I just had a joygasm! Thank you guys so much!- - - Updated - - -I agree, I think that's going to be my plan tonight. If you search "religious medal" on ebay, you can find most of them, but I too want a complete set
I've never really looked for any other medals on the keyring and am only aware of the 2 above. Your post has now renewed my interest. Snap some pics and post them. I'll try to as well. Lots of keen eyes and knowledge here.

I'm committed to this quest! :D

Well, as far as I can see, the keychain only makes an appearance during this scene. The bad news is that it doesn't offer us much in terms of clear views...
It just shows a bunch of round pendants, impossible to decipher their engravings.
However, my first guess is that all medals in the keychain are meant, essentially, for protection. Constantine is, after all, a master of the dark arts, an exorcist and demonologist, so it only makes sense the he would arm himself with articles of protection from malignant and haunting forces from all possible religious beliefs.

View attachment 436714

The medal on the top right seems to be a Celtic Cross.
Interpretations of the origins and meaning of the Celtic Cross vary but they all seem to agree that it somehow associates light and life. It's usually used to represent personal causes.

Notice the pointy thing on the bottom right (image above)? It could be a Pra Khan (I think that's how it's called) - a Thai ritual sceptre/dagger.
View attachment 436718
Used by occultists in exorcisms, making of holy water, magical potions, inks,...
It's said to have anti black magic properties, protects from dangers, ghosts and demons, stops negative energies, also keeps illness away, punishes any who dare to risk coming near with thoughts of harm,...

View attachment 436721

Then there's this one (the one under John's palm, not his thumb). Seems to be a man and a child.
My bet - St. Joseph's medal (patron saint against hesitations and doubts).
N54-6362B.jpg
The most common medals depict him on the right hand side holding a small ***** on the left side - it kind of matches the one on the screen.

Guess that's it. Other questionable prospects:
- The Medal of Saint Benedict is the most used medal for protection. Constantine already has it engraved on his lighter but there's a chance it could be on the keychain as well. Besides, I believe it was a St. Benedict's medal that John used on the girl's head to begin with;
- St. Michael's medal is also a possibility - specially the ones depicting the Archangel's sigil. He's honoured as the angel who fought Satan (book of Revelation) and the patron saint for over 50 causes and places, including being the patron of holy death and the patron saint of the sick. Also described as "the leader of the forces of heaven in their triumph over the powers of hell". Pretty badass... Reminds me of Constantine himself. Plus, a medal of St. Michael's sigil looks pretty Hellblazer-esque. Speaking of sigils - in his line of work, and as a magician, Constantine uses lots of sigils. We could look into those as well...
- St. Sebastian's medal. He's appealed to for protection against plagues. Also a patron to all soldiers.
- Keys to Heaven medals - said to have a profound meaning. Aesthetically appealing in my opinion, would look good in a keychain.

It seems to me like the movie went in a Christian/Catholic direction but we could look into some other religious beliefs, including paganism and the occult.
Ah, so many possibilities. Tetragrammaton, Seal of Solomon, Hamsa, Vegvísir, lots of different sigils,...

Attachments

• 3858397.jpg
    3858397.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 2,016
  • 09377283.jpg
    09377283.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 107348708.jpg
    107348708.jpg
    968.7 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:
Good info Lia! After watching the movie last night, I didn't notice this keyring appearing anywhere else as well. I even gave a cursory look at the blu-ray extras and really couldn't find anything add'l. After searching and comparing some similar medals (incl, St. Camillus, St. Anne, and St. Thomas), I'm confident that this is the Medal of St. Joseph. I took a few pics and blew out the color and it certainly seems accurate. There's a medal directly underneath St. Joseph they may be harder to identify (along with the others in front of the window.)

Though I'm still searching for the medal which is underneath the St. Joseph Medal in the above pic, I found a bit more info. It looks as though there are at least 7 medals on the key ring (and all except one appear to be round when watching them in motion). Also, the key ring looks to be a normal spilt key ring.

The only non-round medal that I noticed appears to be a circled cross medal. I found two to be similar, though I can't be sure if they are accurate or not.

Sacred Heart of *****, St Christopher, St Joseph and Miraculous Medal.

Archangel Michael and ****** Protector medal/cross

wow! Amazing info, thanks guys! Not sure if this was someone's prop, but I found this photo a while ago, but might help identify some of the medals

Just noticed it's upside-down lol
Do you happen to have any other pics of this prop? After searching through thousands of medals, I believe I've found four more of these medals, but some are upside down making it difficult to match (one medal has the same back design, but multiple choices of figures on the front).The two proving to be the hardest (even though it's been a journey for all) are the teardropped shape Mary (?) and the medal with the one small head.

Well, I'm on my way to completing this project. I only have 2 charms so far but I will have 5 in a few days. Plus I figured out the keys, that's right I said keys. I figured them both out. HOLY ****, that was hard. As you can see I actually got 3 of the one on top. The other one is still on the way. I'll post more pics later. 20160425_170436.jpg

The charms I'm having a hard time with are the gold one with the leaf wreath on the back the bell shaped one, and the round one with the small head on it. Oh, and the tear drop shaped one with Virgin Mary on it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back