Supreme Leader Snoke sculpt.. for fun

View attachment 729490View attachment 729491View attachment 729492View attachment 729493

Went for the poorly lit hologram-y feel. I also tried to get the "Jellyfish" skin as P3laton3 calls it. :)
Hope you guys dig it.

I am moving to California in less than a month or so, but I'll bring the mold along. I really, really want to cast this in translucent resin.

translucent resin would be awesome, cast it cast it cast it, I have a place on a shelf already picked out for him

Thank you folks! Appreciate the response and kind words. :)

Do you draw this well ? This is incredible. . .

I can point out the single best thing I've ever drawn... a power lifting dog.
IMG_5674.PNG

So to answer your question.. no, I don't draw very well at all. :lol

Last edited:
I have a question about the molding. Since this is water based clay, what did you use to clay the sculpt before making the fiberglass shell, how did you seal the clay, and was it any difficulty cleaning the sculpt before pouring the silicone?

I have a question about the molding. Since this is water based clay, what did you use to clay the sculpt before making the fiberglass shell, how did you seal the clay, and was it any difficulty cleaning the sculpt before pouring the silicone?

I sealed the sculpture with spray paint. Most people use crystal clear, I use flat black personally. Black let's you see the coverage and you know exactly where the paint is to avoid build up or uncoated areas. I then wrapped the sculpture with cling film and used standard White Clay to make the jacket. Em-210 I believe.

After demolding I removed the shells and the clay came with it, leaving the sculpture wrapped in cling film and perfectly clean. To clean out the jacket i pulled as much out with a large loop tool as I could and then pressure washed the remaining clay out. Then it was just releasing the sculpture and jacket with some ease release 200 and pouring the silicone.

Hope this helps!

J

Wow my compliments @Mr Mold Maker!

You say you're a bad sculptor and not talented but the sculpt says exactly the opposite! Great job you nailed Snoke perfectly!

I would be interested if a translucent resin cast were made!

Regards,

Alberto

I know what you mean about casting errors. But in all honesty it's part of the package, buyers should realise that they have to put in some work of their own just like any commercial model kit. Especially resin. I lost a lot of work on a latex mask because of a damaged plaster mold. As a result I've not been able to sell any and it owes me £350 still in material costs. I've got one for myself but I just can't be bothered doing the work needed for quality control before selling one. It's a real bummer especially because it's latex.

Wow...are you sure you're not working in the production team in StarWars? Pro-Job on that marvelous sculpt:cool

IMG_1450.JPG

The "Last Jedi" version of Snoke!

I'm extremely pleased with my TFA Snoke, but to match this practical puppet? I've got some major resculpting to do!
Keep an eye out folks. SNOKE V2 will come soon.... soon..

I saw this the other day. I honestly think yours is way better.they missed a trick there. They should have hired you. The official one looks like a weak old man, not menacing enough.

Does that mean your not going to finish TFA Snoke 1 ? I would have loved one of those castings ( if the price fit my wallet )it was just stunning

Does that mean your not going to finish TFA Snoke 1 ? I would have loved one of those castings ( if the price fit my wallet )it was just stunning

I am going to have the mold shipped to me to retool, so I could potentially cast a small run.
The issue is I work in the effects industry and do paint commissions in my free time. Doesn't give me a whole lot of left over time for casting.

I am going to have the mold shipped to me to retool, so I could potentially cast a small run.
The issue is I work in the effects industry and do paint commissions in my free time. Doesn't give me a whole lot of left over time for casting.
if you do please please PM me with costings as I would be interested, I'm also waiting on another members build and I need to keep an eye on my prop funds :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back