Doctor Strange costume (Benedict Cumberbatch version) question

The tassels on the outside of the boots would be great, too, then, if you can. Thanks, Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you have had some access to the actual eye prop, can I ask if have you seen the belt? If so, what color is the ring-shaped "buckle?" A lot of the photos make it look silver with dark recesses. Some make the recesses look dark brown and some make it look like the recesses are just reflecting the dark belt. Some make the raised areas look to have a gold or coppery cast.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sorry, I'm afraid I have no idea. Even on movies I actually work on, I have very little interaction with the Costumes department. I usually work pretty closely with props, but Costumes is a completely different animal. They're usually located on the opposite end of the building from me and I mostly just provide them with art to be embroidered or screen-printed. Boring things like T-Shirts and stuff, mostly. And I didn't even work on Strange, I just know someone who did.

But, I have to say, your costume is looking pretty great. I've seen a lot of garbage, but yours is coming out nice. Lots of detail.

Final result:

f002026df7a0e26cf3bf771717d3bb20.jpg

Do you think it would be possible to get a picture of the back of the cape? From what I saw in the video, there's not a lot of room behind it and that it's closed off. Maybe security could take a few pictures? Clearer shots of the belts, the Eye of Agamotto and it's cords, cape edges, back of the neck on the cape, full shot of the slip ring holder, and details on the cape? Sorry if this is too much or seems demanding. Thank you so much for what you've gotten!

Thanks, again, Matt for doing these! I am sure, by now, the exhibit staff thinks you are planning a heist!

Matt, you are amazing for getting these. My roomie and I have been meaning to drop by FIDM but these will hold us off until we can drive up from OC!

I just realized that i will not be posting my progress pics. Can't compare to what I am seeing here. However. I did find an easy way to support the collar. I bought a denim jacket at goodwill for four bucks and painted watered down craft/fabric glue on the collar and shoulders. It gives me a form that naturally fits my shoulders to start with as a base.
ds11.jpg

Yes Matt, you are awesome! Now I can make the leather belts.
joeranger

You can also use a thick / super stiff interfacing. That's usually what people use to stiffen fabric. It's what gives suit jackets their "oofm."

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back