Mynock cave - Falcon Oxygen Mask

The main body looks very similar to a old vintage / mod'd glass bowl fuel pump. Just another direction to look? :)

The main body looks very similar to a old vintage / mod'd glass bowl fuel pump. Just another direction to look? :)

yes, i defiantly think it's someone engine related.

it looks like the the hole where the tube goes in looks like a V band fitting. which is used in a lot of fuel applications

here's hoping we get some more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am fairly certain that the main body - at least the top half - is a modded top of a Sparklets soda syphon
these were used in more places than one, especially in ESB - I think two white ones are used as part of the control board in the medical frigate

the Sparklets are widely available online
not sure about the bottom half, but doesn't look that hard-pressed to find / craft up

Sparklets soda syphon

VINTAGE-RETRO-1960s-BOC-SPARKLETS-SODA-SYPHON-GOLD.jpg

See left side, at top of table/control panel

475.jpg

Last edited:
The metal greeblie on the mask itself appears to be a sewing rivet
self-snapping sewing fasteners were used as part of Luke's prosthetic fitting apparatus

I considered the co2 dispensers some years ago. I thought at the time it was a good candidate because the pump level could also be used as a "clip". Unfortunately The output tube is the wrong shape on the one pictured. I searched for months for a matching version but nothing yet. The one pictured could work with some alterations but I don't think it's an exact match in the unaltered state. It is possible that they altered them but since their were at least three in leaning towards a found unaltered dispenser. If we had some better pics we might be able to look for evidence of alterations/ add on or around the house outlet.

I considered the co2 dispensers some years ago. I thought at the time it was a good candidate because the pump level could also be used as a "clip". Unfortunately The output tube is the wrong shape on the one pictured. I searched for months for a matching version but nothing yet. The one pictured could work with some alterations but I don't think it's an exact match in the unaltered state. It is possible that they altered them but since their were at least three in leaning towards a found unaltered dispenser. If we had some better pics we might be able to look for evidence of alterations/ add on or around the house outlet.

That was my concern, but I think if you study the pics closely enough and sift through the soda dispensers, it is pretty convincing, considering that they were used for other things in the film as well.

Does TFA offer any good screen shots ?
I thought Rey and Finn are wearing these when Han finds them beneath the floor panel.

I thought Rey and Finn are wearing these when Han finds them beneath the floor panel.

There a few good shots with them hanging before Han boards the Faclon and then when Finn is holding one when Han finds them hiding.

Very true.

They have similar looks but TFA style seems to have more of an olive(or just lighting/different color) color to them.

That was my concern, but I think if you study the pics closely enough and sift through the soda dispensers, it is pretty convincing, considering that they were used for other things in the film as well.

Not my first prop id rodeo. Lol. I studied them as close as a human can with the photos we have available. I even bought the exact topper that is pictured. On the prop the o2 hose ejects on a horizontal plane. The output siphon side of the co2 topper points down. It would need to be cut off and something else put in its place. The hole left would be an oblong hole and the o2 attachment fitting is round hence why I stated it may be correct with alteration. I'm not saying it can't be correct I just think there may be a correct one out there.

i can't seem to get a good picture of it in TFA. unfortunately i am behind on technology. i do have a iPhone though! and macbook pro. i just recently got a flat screen tv, and my girlfriend got me a bluray player for the release of TFA on bluray ( i keep saying dvd) but with this bluray player if i pause it, a damn screen comes up in the bottom left corner showing the location of where we are at time wise on the disc... and it covers a LARGE portion of the screen.

there looks like there is a great picture when chewie removes the grate, and you can see it in finns hand or on finns jacket, but my damn screen is covering it...

the reason i posted I'm not up to date with technology is because even if my macbook had some kind of cd rom input i wouldn't know which tools to use to extract the footage anyway :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back