Finished The Eighth Passenger

Re: The Eighth Passenger

yes, great! cant wait to see him with the dome

Yes,I have the dome,but will put it at the end and glued permanently,so I can fill it and hide the seams with his head.
Other pics
IMAG2305.jpg IMAG2307.jpg

Last edited:

Not take it anymore of doing the alien tails. This is the third. Joke, it really is pleasant but it takes 40 hours of work. The next will be made with plastic casting, in rigid fiberglass mold, without silicone rubber. There are only internal mouth and adding some details, such as veins, wrinkles and so on. and then the modeling is finished. Followed by sanding and external laminating resin. This resin is used for the construction of props, insignias, fake rocks that can be put in fountains or artificial waterfalls. It is extremely resistant to weathering, as well as mechanically. But it costs a lot !! € 30 per kg !!
:wackoI have yet to try it.

See you next

IMAG2339.jpg IMAG2357.jpg IMAG2362.jpg

P.S.

Big ALIEN.

This is an adult Alien. What the film was not grown up yet altogether. Still lacked a 10% high. You can not have this if your ceiling is less than 2.70 meters high (106 inches). My high is 260 cm, with 1.5 cm pedestal. It takes about 7-8 cm of leeway to Fit the head.

Seriously, having taken the first Alien with similar to the original height (think 233 cm), it did not seem so great, considering that the face, which is what one looks primarily, is lower down than 20 cm, respect to the top of the whole skull. Therefore the center of the face is 210cm. I felt that something was missing in height to be more majestic, more superhuman. This seems to me the right height, not too much, not little. Maybe if it had existed an actor of this size and with the same silhouette of Bolaji Badejo (who donned the costume of ALIEN), maybe Ridley Scott would have chosen.

Now, when I open the door, I am faced with something truly majestic.:eek:D
IMAG2323-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

I forgot, to make scaling of the tail vertebrae, using Excel. Imposed the weight of the first vertebra and I know the weight of the last. Subdividing into 50 steps, I try the scaling factor which would result in decreasing the weight of the fiftieth vertebra nearly equal to the weight of the last vertebra, that near the tip of the tail. Everything is correct result.

VERTEBRA.jpg

scalatura coda.jpg

Last edited:

Awesome!!! WOW he really is a big Chap! :eek

That tail looks Amazing! it also looks like a tedious job to create, very repetitive :wacko worth it in the end though (y)cool

Keep up the good work :)

Hello to all,
The plasticizer that I had purchased to strengthen the surface resulted sucks. Of course I tried it before spread it on the statue. Too many stripes and unspeakable stench. € 150 down the drain. I returned to the previous plasticizer which was great as mechanical qualities, but had discarded because it tended to easily crystallize in the bucket. To remedy, must buy it just before you use it. It's great because, in addition to high mechanical characteristics, no stripes and firmly unites all underlying materials, including corrugated tubes, connecting them together as a single breath without losing detail, as you can see here on the torso (though it is painted).

IMAG2411.jpg

the monster is almost completed. Missing the pedestal, that I will do to a carpenter by profession, because they want it to be painted with lacquer, robust and professional paint, of which I do not have the environment and the right equipment. Then the inner jaw, which has already made printed, but I have to finish.
In the first picture you can see the subject illuminated by a normal apartment warm light with 60 watts. In the other, it is illuminated by a spotlight at 400 watts, which brings out the nuances of color. probably I will make a more matte surface, because it is too bright, although I used a matte paint. I have to look for another.

IMAG2447.jpg

IMAG2449 2.jpg

I opted for yellowish shades, because I like most of that reddish which is visible on some pictures in which are said to be like the original. The acid blood was yellowish, it seems to me. Will need some paint touch-up, for example darken or lighten some areas.

IMAG2451.jpg

IMAG2455.jpg

I'll put more photos when it's over, but this will happen in a month, because of the way there are the holidays. :D

Goodbye to everyone.

Last edited:

this is looking great! awesome work. only one 1:1 statue I have seen, that looks like the real one... ever! sorry for the problems with the material. I know these problems. you have bought something for a project and in the end its useless, but the money just burned away. but anyway the endresult is just awesome! In my opinion the color in the first photo looks pretty good. in the following pictures it appears a little bit too yellowish to me, but might be just the flashlight. congratulations!

this is looking great! awesome work. only one 1:1 statue I have seen, that looks like the real one... ever! sorry for the problems with the material. I know these problems. you have bought something for a project and in the end its useless, but the money just burned away. but anyway the endresult is just awesome! In my opinion the color in the first photo looks pretty good. in the following pictures it appears a little bit too yellowish to me, but might be just the flashlight. congratulations!

Thank you all,
hello alienbuilder, so far I have lost about 500 € including resins and mold remade due to deformation. Inexperience it pays.

Returning to the theme of color, here I collected some of the original images. It is not even clear what are its colors. The different cameras, old photographs and the lights may return different colors. It would be nice to see the original, live, and in sunlight.
Below I put some of the original images.

screen7.png

giger4.jpg

c61a453c4460b2145a8d4f1a1b307ff2.jpg

Here it seems to grayscale, without warm colors.

aliengigerhug.jpg

Then also I put one that I like the ALIEN ISOLATION video game, which I was inspired to yellowish. Enlarge the image to better see the yellowish areas.

aiscreenshot031_yua5.jpg

Last edited:

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!! (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup I'm quite envious :$ I wish I was this far with mine :$

I agree with the hint of yellow or light brown. In some early pictures you can see the natural latex colour with the dark shades over the top, I get the impression Giger constantly touched up the paint on the suit during filming making it darker?

:)

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!! (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup I'm quite envious :$ I wish I was this far with mine :$

I agree with the hint of yellow or light brown. In some early pictures you can see the natural latex colour with the dark shades over the top, I get the impression Giger constantly touched up the paint on the suit during filming making it darker?

:)

I agree that there have been changes during the development of the movie. In a final scene, I saw a metallic painted dome, probably to look and camouflaged to surrounding pipes.

As background color, I used ivory. But I wanted to create more shades and I put two shades of yellow. The darker yellow, maybe it can avoid. While the lighter, appropriately shaded with black, I wanted to put to obtain the effect "livid flesh", that goes from light green (where the black fades), to yellow.

B_KAL79.jpg giallo%20colore%20significato.jpg B_KAL52.jpg

IMAG2449 dett.jpg

IMAG2426 livid.jpg

In the inside of the hand, more enlightened, they are visible different yellow shades. But it seems that it has been used the white, suitably gradient, for example in the chin.

alien-hug.jpg

However they are all effects that are evident in the presence of a lot of light, as also the gloss, which with normal light of flat is not so polished.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back