Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I just don't understand how people can so blindly and rigorously HATE on a movie they haven't seen. There are SEVERAL members who have done nothing in this thread but talk bad about the movie... So why are you here?

I will anxiously await the day I can see it and when that day comes, I'll stand in line with a smile on my face. At the end of the day, this movie can be the worst thing I've ever seen and I'll still leave with a smile on my face because it's a NEW BATMAN MOVIE.

at the risk of annoying more people, please note i don't mean any of this personally, this is just my view. end warning ;o).

In the case of turtles, I just hated to see the property get dragged down even father than Next Mutation. It was ALREADY a struggle to get the property to be taken seriously by non fans, or the studios. We had made some major headway with the awesome 4kids series. and then came the dark times of Michael Bay. and to a lesser degree, the dark times of Ciro and his animation team. to my way of thinking, unless you enjoy that type of.....mindless movie (MY opinion, please don't take offense)....that's fine. so long as you know that's not what the turtles franchise is truly about, staring at shots of meghan fox's ass...we can live in peace. but if you come out of that wanting MORE of that and thinking that's what the turtles franchise is...then I have trouble wondering why THEY are there talking about the movies.... and that's where the blind hate of anything connected to it comes into play... cause it damages the status quo of the brand. Does that make any sense?

It's not so much hate on my part as it is protectionism of what the characters are at their core. change it too much, like having mikey make dick jokes at april, and you loose what they are and it becomes something else. that's where the 'hate' comes in. God I hate that taylor swift song....now everyone gets labeled into the 'haters' category..it can't just be a negative opinion anymore ;o)....

that being said, getting back on topic...

Batman and Superman, however, are a little different. they've been around far longer, and there are no real set 'rules' for the characters. they have their core personalities, yes, but their world changes so much..it's tough to nail down really what one is for each character.

I'll probably see this in it's second week, after I hear reviews. I'm not going to bother with suicide squad....but this has enough of the main core characters that it is worth a shot. even though I have completely lost faith in DC at this point to do what I'd like them to do in live action movies. I look forward to their animated stuff far more.

I'm starting to tire of the super girl series too, and will drop that after the first season. that's not worth sticking around for much longer either.
But, there are people who just like to pile on to movies.

Maybe in the case of online forums, there needs to be a 'you can bash this here' or praise only here' threads, so the two factions can live with each other in peace. ;o)

And let alone the ignorance of filming schedules and taking an article on the internet somewhere at face value, about a release that has nothing to do with the theatrical cut, which will be PG13, like we all knew it would be. )

In fairness, it's possible to cut it together a different way, leaving more in, long after it's been filmed. Plenty of movies decide, even years later, that they want a longer cut than what had previously been planned. They could decide tomorrow to release an R rated cut off all previous Batman movies if they wanted to. Adding in a few more seconds of previously omitted footage isn't exactly difficult.

I just want to watch a movie about heroes.

I think the last time I saw a superhero movie that really made me feel the pride of a hero was spiderman 2.

Both batman and superman should rise as heroes. Differently, but equally. I'm not saying that these guys can't do that. (Personally, I love cavell) but when the movie is about those heroes beating the crap out of each other for most of it, I get worried

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Maybe in the case of online forums, there needs to be a 'you can bash this here' or praise only here' threads, so the two factions can live with each other in peace. ;o)

No need for that (Star wars TFA already had something silly like that). And like i said before im all for discussions and can sometimes even relate to some points of negativity but more then often and im not just talking about this thread btw, there is just way too much negativity even before an actual release.

Yep. I kind of want it to be something different as its very heavily telegraphed but its hard to be original with that sort of stuff. Its obviously going to Phwwoooomp and weaken him.

I do very much enjoy Cavill's voice in this though. It's authoritative and pretty badass. Sounds like a Superman that knows his stuff. Fingers crossed we will also see the kind Superman too.

Yeah. It's going to be a weakening gas or hallucinogenic gas. They can't have Batman doing permanent physical harm to Supes so most of his points will be scored on affecting his sensorium or duping him into using his own powers against himself in various ways.

I still feel like Batman should protect his lower face.. but then he'd be wearing a Mark 1 Iron Man suit.

Last edited:
Tickets booked at the end of the day on 29th, Superman's birthday was a nice little touch. 23 days left! I kind of hate how excited I am. I need to reign it in.

Few new snippets.

Notably Luthor standing on a rooftop looking out over the city, with the bat signal in the background...

And of course

bvshereiam.PNG

"Well...here I am."

cute-rage-face-1024x1024.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Every shot looks composed and gorgeous but the dialogue seems awful based on the trailers. It's overly dependent on creating catchphrases and trying all too hard to be quotable.

Last edited:
Hear, hear!

I always enjoy reading and participating in conversations and discussions about upcoming/released movies. I do however find that more and more theres a trend for hating on stuff that hasnt been released yet. And while people can have an opinion about a trailer im pretty sure theres also people that hate just to hate. Or the "i hate it so you all should hate it" attitude.

I for one am looking forward to BvS and 2016 will be a great year for comic book movies (already started good with deadpool) and hope that all of em deliver. Even if some trailers gave me certain concerns i would have to see the movie to see how it all plays out. I just want them to finally get dc movies with other heroes...

They'll all be in the R rated director's cut though, so we'll get to see her scenes, in time. Apparently they're tied to the JL, as said by Snyder, but she's neither Carrie Kelly nor Barbara Gordon. He could be lying, but I don't think so.
On the director's cut thing, I'm actually glad we're getting one, and hope it sets a trends for future DCEU releases. Might become a trade, like Marvel's famous after credit scenes.

ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT. I'm really quite hating the waiting now.

Quite happy to have seen a sick trailer drop for Civil War too, so I won't be totally out of something to look forward to when I leave the cinema on the 25th. Always need a fix.

Seriously though. FAST FORWARD TIME.

trinitylarge.jpg

They'll all be in the R rated director's cut though, so we'll get to see her scenes, in time. Apparently they're tied to the JL, as said by Snyder, but she's neither Carrie Kelly nor Barbara Gordon. He could be lying, but I don't think so.
Seems like I was wrong and he was indeed lying, sneaky Snyder. To be confirmed, but she's Barbara Gordon indeed. Don't know if her being cut out of the film is still true or not though, but given the source, it seems she's still in it.
Jenna-Malone-19e6c.jpg

Whats that source chief?

Not seen anything like that before - directly from the website?

Technically Snyder may not have been lying though. He said no Robin or Batgirl...Barbara doesn't have to become Batgirl in the movie, haha.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back