Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet: FREE STL FILES

Re: Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet COMPLETED

Amazing, just hope you have right about shape.

It is really hard to say which one is actual for now, you have some really good point and it is covered by hood, but I must admit I like concept design more.

I think it will be more accurate like... Humm
I Can't explain this with words, cause it's to difficult (to me) to say exacly what is not work, so I did a comparaison picture.

Your V.1 looks far better than you WIP, so well done :thumbsup

Thank you it's been a hell of a ride i dont think i've slept well for a month haha

Amazing, just hope you have right about shape.

It is really hard to say which one is actual for now, you have some really good point and it is covered by hood, but I must admit I like concept design more.

I get the feeling the helmet will be tilted down a lot during filming looking at the angle adam would be seeing out of the face will be tilted forwards more for clear vision and he's really tall so it will often be seen looking down over I sense and so it will probably match the concept more in action i'll take some shots once the PLA helmet is finished for comparison.

Your V.1 looks far better than you WIP, so well done :thumbsup

I think it will be more accurate like... Humm
I Can't explain this with words, cause it's to difficult (to me) to say exacly what is not work, so I did a comparaison picture.

http://upload.dinhosting.fr/4/B/4/small_Evant-Aprnys1.png

haha yes I see your point i may make some very small revisions before i print the dome its a deceivingly hard aspect to capture in the model haha although im retisent to increase the length on the back or there will be too much space with the helmet on haha i will like i said maybe make another tweak on the dome while the face prints and then print and adjust after the print if i feel it needs it

Yeah the dome is still throwing it off for me. You had few pics where the forehead of the dome was really pronounced and in the last version it's smoother but too non-existent in my opinion. Even if you don't go with the full helmet profile of the concept art and the high back of the dome, I think the forehead area is quite good and looks more like the actual at SWCA.

Star-Wars-Celebration-Anaheim-2015-The-Force-Awakens-104.jpg

Yeah the dome is still throwing it off for me. You had few pics where the forehead of the dome was really pronounced and in the last version it's smoother but too non-existent in my opinion. Even if you don't go with the full helmet profile of the concept art and the high back of the dome, I think the forehead area is quite good and looks more like the actual at SWCA.

View attachment 477314

I've been pondering most of the day and been tweaking the dome now haha it for sure just needs a little more lift on the brow, i said this was version 1 because i needed to draw a line haha or i'd tweak forever i'll maybe make a tiny few adjusts before print but the major stuff is in i think this looks a little better and closers to SWCA

t00MYyH.jpg

So are we looking "through" the mask? Or is it facing the camera head on? Not being familiar with how 3D printers work I'm kind of curious...

closest to the camera is the jaw area furthest away is the forehead it wont look like much until the end haha the supports hide alot of the detail haha

Thanks for the angle change :) I've had this playing on my tv at work all morning, really excited to see this come together!

So tight. Looks like my tv will be occupied for the next day or so :) way better than sports lol

haha FYI the dome will take 58 hours to print hahahaha (might not also start until tomorrow eve as i need to be present for a mid way filament change

I would like to try to burst the too soon bubble and be the first one to ask if you have any price range for 3D printer designs? I know you don't have a price range for the molds yet, but I would just like to be the first one to ask. BTW, the curing main plate is AWESOME!!!:cool

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back