DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

I should correct my post to...

"The knurled screw is probably a Kaiser camera mount screw, but I was unable to find any of the correct size over the years..."

There might have been either one without the threaded post in the past OR it simply is not the part at all (even if the resemblance is too obvious IMHO)

The resemblance certainly is very close.

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 11.41.41 AM.png

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but does anyone know what the detail sticking out on the right side of Luke's blaster might be?

You mean our right, looking at that photo? We're thinking it's a distributor retainer part from the V8 model kit, but nobody's 100% sure, far as I know.

Made an attempt at the Hoth flash hider today using some black delrin.

Wanted to test the black plastic painted silver theory, along with drawn on knurls.

I think it's certainly possible they could've done this, but I guess no one is certain.

It does sort of look the part, but I'm sure I've got lots of measurements off. Just wanted to try my hand at it, really.

uploadfromtaptalk1443146643797.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443146652670.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443146665359.jpg

Sorry I can't edit my last post from my phone and attach a photo, but I made a few little tweaks to the hider and removed the tape with the knurls for the moment.

I still think it's a little off, I'll likely make another, but I think I'm getting the shapes pretty close, at least to my eye.

uploadfromtaptalk1443157408711.jpg

It really does! It's just so hard to tell for sure.

It's also such a bummer that it's the only part that ended up on Luke's gun, whether other parts fell off or not!

Made an attempt at the Hoth flash hider today using some black delrin.

Wanted to test the black plastic painted silver theory, along with drawn on knurls.

I think it's certainly possible they could've done this, but I guess no one is certain.

It does sort of look the part, but I'm sure I've got lots of measurements off. Just wanted to try my hand at it, really.

View attachment 532988View attachment 532989View attachment 532990

Looking good.

I am a believer of the painted on knurling.
That´s why I gave it a try on one of Anakin Starkillers plain muzzles back in 2014 and posted about it (first pages of this thread)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back