PropShop announces TFA Props!

.... I was randomly looking at YouTube today when I came across this tour of Propshop given to a reporter two weeks before everything went down. A few things to note. 1) No other movie props were being made, at least in this room. 2) Body language of the manager says a lot. 3) Notice the rather awkward ending of this interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow two weeks before closing. I wonder if we will ever get the full true story on the closing of Prop Shop. They seem to have a lot of product in the background. Wish they would have fulfilled my orders before closing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That interview is so strange, the interviewer seems so nervous and that might be why the guy looks awkward. :lol.

I used to go to school 1 mile away from Pinewood and these guys, small world.

Have you gone by to see it its closed down entirely? I am curious if the prop making business closed too besides the replica side of the business.

Have you gone by to see it its closed down entirely? I am curious if the prop making business closed too besides the replica side of the business.

I live in Japan now. From vague memory I think the area is completely obscured by trees. Never really cared about it back then, it was only the site of 007 :lol

It's closed down completely, also you can't simply 'go by' as it's on the Pinewood studios lot.

Nice "oops" smacking that Ray staff against the shelf. I'd be more forgiving of that if people didn't pay over a grand for it just to get mishandled by a worker

Nice "oops" smacking that Ray staff against the shelf. I'd be more forgiving of that if people didn't pay over a grand for it just to get mishandled by a worker

Yeah I saw that too, LOL. Does anyone in London know anyone who worked there and what happened. I still hear the final straw was the Blade Runner 2 prop fiasco in crappy props and not delivering three spinner cars and only two but were paid for three. Again these are just rumors.

Wish I knew someone who could get some old stock to sell me. LOL

Yeah sounds like they were taking people for a ride in all departments,not just the wallet department. I feel sorry for the people that got duped but have no simpathy for the company itself. Sounds like everything from their PR to their quality of their products to their shipping standards and their quality of props built for the films was just bad all round. No wonder they went under. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

Ben

Does anyone have any more information about the Blade Runner 2 issues? I'm just really nosy.

Again this is all rumor. They were paid and failed to deliver three Spinner props although they delivered Two substandard 3D printed ones and the 3D printed props, the PDK Blaster, would break during filming to the point it stopped production completely.

WB had enough and fired them which led to Disney being similarly concerned as to what happened during the TFA production. They continually delivered substandard 3D printed props to the set. They just printed numbers to make up for breakage. On BR2 they did not have enough back up props printed.

Don't forget that ANOVOS was brought in to help with TFA STORMTROOPER costumes.

Bad 3D printing and not knowing what they were doing was the downfall.

Again I'm only repeating rumors, no actual knowledge first hand, just rumors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the Anovos involvement with the TFA armor? I knew they got early access to the stuff to make their 501st prototype suits, but what was their role in the film production itself?

What was the Anovos involvement with the TFA armor? I knew they got early access to the stuff to make their 501st prototype suits, but what was their role in the film production itself?

The initial run of the TFA Stormy armor was sculpted by Kevin Weir (OSCS) using visual reference provided by anovos. The helmets were produced overseas, which is why those who bought those kits had to go to the Anovos booth to pick them up.

They had no role in TFA. The only actual film-role I was confirmed was they only assembled the Rogue One TK armor (not sculpted/design, just the actual assembly of armor parts for wear)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back