Overworld Designs aka Michelle Sleeper - BAD DEAL!

Good news everyone!

PayPal has graciously allowed that I am indeed the injured party and has refunded the full $150 from Michelle Sleeper's account. :D

Thanks muchly for the support, guys. :thumbsup

I have added appropriate, purely factual, feedback to her RPF profile to reduce the chance of any other members getting caught as I was.

Dalroi.

Good news everyone!

PayPal has graciously allowed that I am indeed the injured party and has refunded the full $150 from Michelle Sleeper's account. :D

I have added appropriate, purely factual, feedback to her RPF profile to reduce the chance of any other members getting caught as I was.

Dalroi.

Glad to hear you got your funds back!!!

Banhammer_forecast.gif

Good news everyone!
Dalroi.

I sincerely hope that MsSleeper gets hit with some really hefty overdraft fees as punishment.

That's the part I don't understand. Clearly, communicating would get you more time than NOT communicating.

There's really no reason to not respond.

Agreed, i'm sad this has happened again.

As someone mentioned earlier I wonder if she routinely uses people money to fund other projects. It sure would be useful to have $X to start up a new project which you get to use until paypal claim it back.

Not sure how she avoided a ban last time.

Glad we all got our money back, but it must be stressed that this in no way reflects positively on msleeper and was 100% paypal.

Hey folks, I wanted to chime in ask for some advice.

I have met her on several occasions over the last couple years at cons and at Freeside. I was never really impressed with how she treats people as a person, so sadly I'm not surprised that she is ripping folks off.

Anyway...

I'm sorry to @Dalroi that you went through this. I'm glad you got your refund.

The reason I'm chiming in is because my friend MatrixSpoon and I co-host an RPF meetup at DragonCon, this will be our third year. A chance for members to all meet up and hang out, put names with faces, do some show and tell, etc.

I have been made aware that she posted online about her plans to attend our RPF DragonCon meetup. She has not once messaged us on our event thread about attending, and now that it's confirmed that she's banned I feel like if she does show up at this event as hosts we need to ask her to leave.

The thing is, I'm a laid back dude, and I don't like confrontation, so I'm looking for some folks to help prepare me for the best way possible to deal with that potential situation.

It's not fair for her to show up to an event for members that are in good standing with this forum, when she is not.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. I'm not interested in drama I just want our event to go smoothly and be a positive and supportive environment for other RPF members.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty simple tell her to leave if she shows up,

If any members are owed money and they ARE going to DC it WOULD be nice to see if the Police will do anything about it

Pretty simple tell her to leave if she shows up,

If any members are owed money and they ARE going to DC it WOULD be nice to see if the Police will do anything about it
Or message her NOW to avoid and conflict later. Just message her that "some people she stole from will be in attendance, and they have spoke of bringing law enforcement to press charges" since she basically stole the funds. Tell her "if you feel you haven't done anything wrong and would like to address things in person with law enforcement as a mediation, then by all means, please show up". I bet she would stay as far away as possible.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back