Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

Although I think it's silly, stuff lie this isn't a deal breaker for me. As low my as the story is good, the characters lineage is very secondary.

Sincerely hope this rumor is not true, but it's not a deal breaker for me either. Yeah, as long as the story delivers on it's bigger themes I will enjoy it. I hope.

:unsure

Hopefully this movie is a bit better than Prometheus (it drives me nuts that the ships in that look way more advanced than in Alien when it's a prequel in the same universe), hopefully this and Alien 5 or whatever they call it now can co-exist.

Her mother? :facepalm Smallest universe ever?

Hollywood has made movies exist in a very small universe because of the small minds behind the scenes. Ripley does not equal the alien universe but try explaining that to the pinheads who think her character (or a relative) must be present if someone so much as mentions the word alien.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, thats good news!

I agree.

Cool to see Ridley on set.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 73
Hopefully this movie is a bit better than Prometheus (it drives me nuts that the ships in that look way more advanced than in Alien when it's a prequel in the same universe), hopefully this and Alien 5 or whatever they call it now can co-exist.

I take it you didn't buy into the whole Tesla (Prometheus) vs construction vehicle (Nostromo) tech-level comparison?

I don't know. Noomi is usually a great actress (and not just because she's Swedish haha) but her character garnered zero sympathy or empathy in Prometheus.

I found her character arc and performance very sympathetic, especially the self serve surgery sequence. That gal couldn't catch a break and kept on fighting.

I take it you didn't buy into the whole Tesla (Prometheus) vs construction vehicle (Nostromo) tech-level comparison?

I don't know. Noomi is usually a great actress (and not just because she's Swedish haha) but her character garnered zero sympathy or empathy in Prometheus.

I'm more in line with what Bryancd said :p
She was one of few things I really liked :lol "smaken é som baken"
Being a fellow Swede doesn't really matter. It sure as heck didn't make me hate the Robocop remake any less :facepalm ******** that was beyond bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean first her boyfriend dies, then David impregnates her with an alien, then she has a self abortion, then the company screws her over, and finally she pisses off an Engineer who chases her down. That's a bad day.

I mean first her boyfriend dies, then David impregnates her with an alien, then she has a self abortion, then the company screws her over, and finally she pisses off an Engineer who chases her down. That's a bad day.

Actually, David infected the boyfriend and the boyfriend impregnated her with an alien. Just wanted to clear that up.

But, for what I've heard of the story, one of the characters in the upcoming film is suppose to be Ellen Ripley's mother. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice nod to the original film, but I don't like that idea. I mean, we've already got the "like mother, like daughter" story with Alien: Isolation. I mean, I get that Ripley had to deal with the alien due to the circumstances presented in the first film. And I get that Amanda Ripley would get into similar circumstances due to looking for her mother. But having Grandma Ripley getting involved with a situation with the xenomorph? That's just a level of unbelievability I can't take. Three generations of Ripleys having to have dealt with xenomorphs? I mean, what'd be the odds of that?

Of course, that's just me.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back