Help needed. New BSG Cylon sound for the eye warble. or whatever it's called.

Sean

Sr Member
Guys I have looked high and low on the net for the sound effect of the cylon eye movement in the new BSG cylon's. lots of dead ends and no luck.

Could anyone please help with advice or links tips etc. would very much be appreciated. total noob in the sound effects department so please be gentle...lol

you might check byyourcommand.net. I also think he is a member here, goldcylon1, :confused

Thanks funboy. I have an old dear friend that does the computer stuff for that site. i will shoot him an email. but i was under the impression it was just old school cylon stuff. i think i have the wav sound for the old Cylons. but new school cylon sound is a dead end..

Thanks funboy. I have an old dear friend that does the computer stuff for that site. i will shoot him an email. but i was under the impression it was just old school cylon stuff. i think i have the wav sound for the old Cylons. but new school cylon sound is a dead end..

Well if there is a scene where the sound fx is clean, no music over or such I could lift it and make a file for you. I have BSG on blu-ray and I might be able to after work check for it. Or if you know a particular scene/episode??

Well if there is a scene where the sound fx is clean, no music over or such I could lift it and make a file for you. I have BSG on blu-ray and I might be able to after work check for it. Or if you know a particular scene/episode??

terminator that is an amazing gesture of help. my kindest thanks. right off bat I wouldn't know of a crisp clear seen were the sound lays. in a rush to get out to work right now but just wanted to say thank you..:thumbsup

terminator that is an amazing gesture of help. my kindest thanks. right off bat I wouldn't know of a crisp clear seen were the sound lays. in a rush to get out to work right now but just wanted to say thank you..:thumbsup

No problemo. I'll have a watch using the fast forward option and take a listen to all the cylon scenes :p that is the hard part lol

I think the very first scene were they meet at the peace station? when the new cylons walk in and are standing guard and T.H. walks in?? I havnt watched this in forever but that's the first scene I thought of that there isn't a lot of action going on... :confused looking forward to what you come up with!! :thumbsup

Thanks Propmaster all help is more than welcomed. as I have said. I am far from any kind of sound effect's person. taking a listen to the pumpkin video. to me personally it sounds like some one created it themselves. which In my search i have seen reference to types of synthesized sounds that are similar. was just hoping to get something rely close to what I remember. I could be way off. I too haven't watched the series in a long long time. and funboy I had the same thought. that that may be the best seen to cache the sound from.

And again. my thanks to everyone for the help.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Funboy was right, the very first scene was THE ONE :)

Extracted this:

A lot of other noises but I did manage to edit out Six's high heel walking! :D and made a 1 min loop. PM incoming sean

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm now I hear a small popping sound, I'll see if I can get rid of that ;)

That is looking good, even without the chrome bath hehe

Thanks man.:thumbsup can't wait till I can find a place to paint this bad boy up. the sound was just taken from the YouTube video and overplayed onto the crappy video I made. lol I jacked the sound up with the YouTube controls. took this old fart awhile to figure out how to do that..:lol that may be were the popping sound is coming from.

On another side note. I would like to thank sunkistshark and reelprops for making this possible. you guys did an amazing job ! :thumbsup

Maybe this is too late, but didn't KITT from Knightrider have the same sound and effect ???

giphy.gif

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back