Indiana Jones Zeppelin Ticket

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys and gals,

I have been working on a project for the past few weeks and am finally near done with it! Indiana Jones and Henry Jones's Zeppelin Tickets from Last Crusade! This ticket has been designed based on many many screenshots from the film, along with the base design of the last surviving Hindenburg ticket from 1936.

Please leave comments on what you think of this piece and what I can do to better this prop.

Thanks,
Mike Alex

Love it ! I think I need one :)
I'll probably do a short run of these once I perfect the plane drawing. From the screen caps I took, it looks like the plane is supposed to be more sketchy than smooth but I think I can still do a little better with that sketch. I will message you for sure if a run is going to happen ;)

Last edited:
Very nice. You've done a beautiful job of weathering the paper.
Thank you. I don't do it with only coffee, or only tea, I do the first layer. With coffee and light splotches with tea, and then use purple designers gouche to do stains:). Then dip the semi-moist paper (half dry) and run it through a bucket of fine sand. This will make the coffee and teas dry faster, and will also fade some of the edges and corners to give it a realistic look. This is a method I created not too long ago, and have loved it ever sense.

Great idea and very nicely done.

The only thing I am unsure of is the plane on the back because its IMO at odds with the rest of the ticket design. Are you able to post screencaps of the reference you used so that we can see this in context? I can't work out why that kind of vehicle would have been used for the ticket (and not a Zeppelin or alternatively the Stampe SV.4C bi-plane used in the movie). If the kind of aircraft you have used (which looks more like a WW2 allied glider) was indeed on the ticket, then it would have conceivably been a line drawing or an etched plate rather then a simply black and white - flat - illustration.

Lovely work and weathering...

Regards,
MARK

Great idea and very nicely done.

The only thing I am unsure of is the plane on the back because its IMO at odds with the rest of the ticket design. Are you able to post screencaps of the reference you used so that we can see this in context? I can't work out why that kind of vehicle would have been used for the ticket (and not a Zeppelin or alternatively the Stampe SV.4C bi-plane used in the movie). If the kind of aircraft you have used (which looks more like a WW2 allied glider) was indeed on the ticket, then it would have conceivably been a line drawing or an etched plate rather then a simply black and white - flat - illustration.

Lovely work and weathering...

Regards,
MARK
Thanks for commenting Mark. As stated before, the plane sketch is totally still under construction and the one on there currently is a place holder to I get a very good sketch down. Here is the pic I used as reference:

It looked alot like a bi-plame at first but it has no propellers and only depicts one wing on each side.
Here is the plane from the Zeppelin:

Which has two wings per side and obviously has a propeller.

There is another pic I found of a 30's Zeppelin ticket that had a plane with PONTOONS of all things on the back much like this one does.

That's interesting and PONTOONS, that's a real gem.

I see where your thoughts are going and given the reference I can see what you are shooting for. The plane under the Zeppelin is the Stampe SV.4C and I agree it doesn't look like the one on the ticket. If I was to put money down, I would say its actually a pic of a plane called the Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI which was a heavy bomber. I might be wrong but it looks more like the image in the ticket (flipped) due to its heavy nose.

300px-Zeppelin-Staaken_R.VI_photo1.jpg

Just a thought...

M

looks really great concerning idea, layout and aging, but there are many grammar and spelling mistakes. the german part looks like google translator. let me know, when I can help
For translation I used a German dictionary but my German was pretty Rusty as well so that didn't help. This is why I added close ups of the text is for all of you to help with the language errors. Thanks SJ!

I love obscure props and this is one of them. Yep, the plane should be re-done; I'm with Mark on that one, looks like a two-engine (no front prop) and line drawing should be a must (they took great care about that kind of stuff in the days;)). I'm sure our German members will chime in with the mistakes in the text. As a French speaker, there's a few mistakes in French also.

On the RM 100 section of the ticket, it should read: Pour l'embarquement, les passagers se présenteront (careful with the accents in French).

50 personnes (no capital P). The next one: superposés par chambre (not chamber).

Also: Pas plus d`une personne par chambre à la fois.

Next: élimination du vol is not French, it should read: l`annulation de votre vol.

As for the extras offered on the flight, it should read: cire à moustache (not cire de moustache).

And the last one: Bon pour un seul individu, should read: Bon pour une seule personne.

Eager to see the final product and love the love the aging techniques you've used btw.

Last edited:
I love obscure props and this is one of them. Yep, the plane should be re-done; I'm with Mark on that one, looks like a two-engine (no front prop) and line drawing should be a must (they took great care about that kind of stuff in the days;)). I'm sure our German members will chime in with the mistakes in the text. As a French speaker, there's a few mistakes in French also.

On the RM 100 section of the ticket, it should read: Pour l'embarquement, les passagers se présenteront (careful with the accents in French).

50 personnes (no capital P). The next one: superposés par chambre (not chamber).

Also: Pas plus d`une personne par chambre à la fois.

Next: élimination du vol is not French, it should read: l`anulation de votre vol.

As for the extras offered on the flight, it should read: cire à moustache (not cire de moustache).

And the last one: Bon pour un seul individu, should read: Bon pour une seule personne.

Eager to see the final product and love the love the aging techniques you've used btw.
Your Awsome! Thanks so much joberg. As said before the plane on their now is a placeholder till I get a better one done.

And now to the german part ... ;-)

But first, I'm very impressed !!! It's a wonderful piece and looks very authentic !!!

And for a not German-speaker it's nearly correct, Mark Twain himself complained that German is an 'awful' hard language, and even in Germany there's a self-critic saying : German language, hard language...

Ok, here it is ( Don't be afraid, it's not very much!!! )

1. In the headline it's DEUTSCHE ZEPPELIN REEDEREI, not 'ZEPPILIN'
2. ARZT is not a name, it simply means doctor ! So it would be just 'DR. HANS SCHNEIDER'
3.( and last )
It's NICHT MEHR ALS EINE PERSON IM BETT AUF EINMAL, not 'ZU'

with zu, it means: not more than one person in bed 'in' once...
with auf it's: not more than one person in bed 'at' once !

Ok, that's everything important I could find for the ticket's inside ...
but there are some mistakes in the text on the front, for example it's 'Gilt NUR für eine einzige Person' in the headline, and in the text below are some grammatical failures too...

So, if you need some more support,I'm at your disposal !!!

Hope it helped, greetings from Germany [emoji629]

PS:

Just saw it now : not 'FLUGURSRUNG' , but FLUGURSPRUNG !

but even more better would be ABFLUGSORT, which means 'place of departure', cause Flugursprung means something like 'origin of the flight'.... sounds more like Orville Wright or Otto Lilienthal !?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back