Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Does anyone happen to have an extra set of paint stencils for this saber? Preferably the SH version, but not critical.
I have a set of Trooper Trent's stencils from the Starkiller 2nd run. If they will work for you shoot me a PM with your info and I can probably get them in the mail this afternoon.

Last edited:
I have tons of SH version stencils left.
Sorry, I assumed you meant the Starkiller version, which is what I'm out of.
PM sent. I'll get you what you need.
Sorry about that.

Does anyone happen to have an extra set of paint stencils for this saber? Preferably the SH version, but not critical.

I don't own both versions of the lightsabers, but the stencils vary in diameter and width from one version to the next. The most noticeable difference is the height of the booster section and the emitter plate which are both larger on the Starkiller version. The others are fairly close

Here's how the leather dye soaking worked out. Not super dark, but definitely darker than the rest. Clear coated it with MrSuperClear UV Cut to get it a bit duller.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=244175&p=4194541&viewfull=1#post4194541
attachment.jpg

Just wondering if there is a permanent way of darkening the alluminium without using a clear coat in a similar way to gun bluing for example

Just wondering if there is a permanent way of darkening the alluminium without using a clear coat in a similar way to gun bluing for example

That depends how you define permanent. No matter what you do to aluminum, even if it's a tough-as-nails anodization or a process that penetrates a few mils, any treatment or colization can always be sanded, buffed or worn off.

The oxidation from a dishwasher, the leather dye, aluminum black and anodizing are all "permanent" in the sense they won't just disappear over time if you're not handling the item.

That depends how you define permanent. No matter what you do to aluminum, even if it's a tough-as-nails anodization or a process that penetrates a few mils, any treatment or colization can always be sanded, buffed or worn off.

The oxidation from a dishwasher, the leather dye, aluminum black and anodizing are all "permanent" in the sense they won't just disappear over time if you're not handling the item.

Even though it will be on display (when made!!) for 99% of the time, I will be after a darkening treatment that if handled, wont come off in your hands.

Even though it will be on display (when made!!) for 99% of the time, I will be after a darkening treatment that if handled, wont come off in your hands.

None of the ones I mentioned should come off in your hands once properly set/rinsed. Paint is another one that would survive handling - the degree of handling would depend on the kind of paint & prep.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back