My 1st Prop from Scratch - Hellboy's Big Baby Build Thread

I would cut both the letters and the big baby head in vinyl, and use those a paintmask. Place the masks on the stock. Handpaint the area white and place the laser printed decal of the head on top of this. I provides the white background and will give and illusion of it being hand painted.

With the white big baby done in vinyl, I've got a white vinyl mask for the clear laser sticker, but is there any reason why I couldn't just use a white laser label for big baby's face? I've got some and it would save me ordering and waiting on clear labels?

With the white big baby done in vinyl, I've got a white vinyl mask for the clear laser sticker, but is there any reason why I couldn't just use a white laser label for big baby's face? I've got some and it would save me ordering and waiting on clear labels?

If you want to replicate the look of the prop, both text and face was painted on. Or at least made to look like they where. What you describe makes me think that it might look like a sticker, and if it where me I'd like something that formed to the grooves of the grain.

The leather is pretty simple as I've just made one for our Big Baby (but then I would say that as leatherwork is my job). The easiest way would to be to buy a couple of tools - A strap cutter and an adjustable groover for the line details. Or if it doesn't have to be spot on just use a leather waist belt.

If you want pictures of the strap details let me know.

The leather is pretty simple as I've just made one for our Big Baby (but then I would say that as leatherwork is my job). The easiest way would to be to buy a couple of tools - A strap cutter and an adjustable groover for the line details. Or if it doesn't have to be spot on just use a leather waist belt.

If you want pictures of the strap details let me know.

Sure, I'll take pics. My concern is the metal part to attach the leather to the gun...

What's a holdall? Not sure that UK slang transfers here :D

like on a sports bag or laptop bag
2009677_orig.jpg

The belt with the buckle part on is 890mm long x 50mm wide
The other part is 920mm long and 50mm wide

The decorative groove around the edge is 6mm in.

SDC11307.JPG
SDC11308.JPG
SDC11309.JPG
SDC11310.JPG
SDC11311.JPG
SDC11312.JPG
SDC11313.JPG

(If you have any problems let me know as I could replicate this strap pretty easily and we can sort out a trade or something for it)

Last edited:
The belt with the buckle part on is 890mm long x 50mm wide
The other part is 920mm long and 50mm wide

The decorative groove around the edge is 6mm in.

View attachment 190894
View attachment 190895
View attachment 190896
View attachment 190897
View attachment 190898
View attachment 190899
View attachment 190900

(If you have any problems let me know as I could replicate this strap pretty easily and we can sort out a trade or something for it)

Awesome pics! I think I might have a belt & and old soft briefcase that might work, but if they don't, I'll take you up on your offer - THANKS!

It should be unlocked now. Not sure what photobucket is playing at but every time I unlock a album it relocks it. Hopefully it's ok. Now.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back