is there a 1:1 print out of han solo in carbonite

So...who wants to do the nerds like me a favor and get these however many letter-sized images scaled and prepped? :)

Guess I am that nerd:lol made it at 7 feet high and the computer recalculated the width.

Thank you darthchromer for the picture I cant wait to put that on my door:)

Have you got any evidence of this Mic?
I find it very hard to believe that they could re-sculpt it so accurately. Every tiny little detail in the "flash" surrounding Han's body is absolutely perfect. It would be an incredible piece of "forgery" if IC's sculptor was able to capture all the tiny details so accurately. Based on all their other stuff which was sculpted from scratch, they didn't have any sculptors working for them who could sculpt an exact replica. (You've only got to look at their Yoda to see how far off that was).

Chris

It is also a re-sculpt and not a direct casting from the original.

Last edited:
I cropped the pic of Darthcromer's HIC and uploaded it to Blockposters. The result was 32 pages of A4 sized pages which, if connected, would make up a poster about 7.5 feet high. I know this is larger than what it actually should be, but Blockposters doesn't allow you to specify height... only the number of pages it should print out to. So it was either 7.5 feet or 5.6 feet. The downside, obviously, is that its pixelated.

Anyway, here's the PDF if anyone's interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?nz5tkjzmzjk

I haven't printed it out yet, so if anyone of you does print it out, take a pic of it so we all know what it ultimately looks like.

Many thanks to darthchromer for sharing the pics.

Guess I am that nerd:lol made it at 7 feet high and the computer recalculated the width.

Thank you darthchromer for the picture I cant wait to put that on my door:)

Thanks--getting the dimensions was a huge help!

I think, for this to work, someone who has a Han in Carbonite would have to take a series of photos of it, then crop them so that when all the photos were printed, it came out nice. Even a cheap digital camera will take a beautiful hi-res image, and with a little photoshop magic to crop and maybe correct some of the lighting if need be/possible, I think that'd be the best solution to get this with no pixelization.

Last edited:
Have you got any evidence of this Mic?
I find it very hard to believe that they could re-sculpt it so accurately. Every tiny little detail in the "flash" surrounding Han's body is absolutely perfect. It would be an incredible piece of "forgery" if IC's sculptor was able to capture all the tiny details so accurately. Based on all their other stuff which was sculpted from scratch, they didn't have any sculptors working for them who could sculpt an exact replica. (You've only got to look at their Yoda to see how far off that was).

Chris

Crap, yes. On mine, you could see his fingerprints under the thick glaze they added on top.

Don Bies indicated that it was a re-sculpt with the process I described above. Yes some the major swirls in the "carbonite" are there. But I have spent a lot of time staring at those things and there as many missing as there are present.

Plus look at the tilt of the head on an IC compared to the real deal.

I cropped the pic of Darthcromer's HIC and uploaded it to Blockposters. The result was 32 pages of A4 sized pages which, if connected, would make up a poster about 7.5 feet high. I know this is larger than what it actually should be, but Blockposters doesn't allow you to specify height... only the number of pages it should print out to. So it was either 7.5 feet or 5.6 feet. The downside, obviously, is that its pixelated.

Anyway, here's the PDF if anyone's interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?nz5tkjzmzjk

I haven't printed it out yet, so if anyone of you does print it out, take a pic of it so we all know what it ultimately looks like.

Your welcome guys, thats the best pic I had and will still look grainy, but from a distance will look pretty good. I like the idea of taking individual pic's of each section that would be perfect. From a distance the one I did looked pretty good, as grainy as it was.

Here is a link confirming what MicDavis is talking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80919139@N00/3222944145/

That link says that IC pulled a casting from the mold ILM used to make the Planet Hollywood Han.
Don specifically states:
"I don't know if they did any further modifications or not to it"
Nothing in there about resculpting at all.
IC's master would have been the same as the Planet Hollywood one and it appears they didn't change it.

ILM removed the undercuts on the fingers which is obvious still on the IC version.

IC version would then be a 2nd generation casting from an original.
Original prop (from same mold as screen-used original) ------ PH/IC master (same mold) ------ IC production version

The IC version got worse as time went on. Their mold must have been getting bad because later Han's had bad teeth and finger nails. They scratched new gaps in his teeth which look awful.

Last edited:
I very well could be crossing up a couple of conversations. But I seem the remember someone telling me it was re-sculpted, I think it was Don. Could be wrong. But I also stood right in front the original at ILM once and it was taller than the one I have here at home. Pretty sure about that.

But I also stood right in front the original at ILM once and it was taller than the one I have here at home. Pretty sure about that.

IC could be a little smaller than the original (there are two molds inbetween). Don has said in the past that they rushed those molds when doing stuff for Planet Hollywood and there was some shrinkage. IIRC he mentioned it because the Don Post C-3PO masters also came out of a Planet Hollywood mold.

I doubt the shrinkage is anywhere near 10-20% though.

Last edited:
Well, I'd be overjoyed if it was in fact a direct casting since I have one, but I just see too many differences in mine to say it is, and I know the IC castings were crap and could account for that, but I still just don't think it is a direct casting.

Sorry to throw that out there guys, just trying to help. Maybe Don Bies will chime in. HIC is on my list of things to build, so I have been trying to research, and follow threads, and dig up other info to learn all I can. Seems to me maybe the IC HIC has been recast and reworked so many times, you never know what you will get.

The recast of the IC I have was derived from #10 in that Licensed run, so it was not the later ones which did get worse, the higher the numbers got.

Back to my last point...anyone got a good HIC they can take a series of photos of as I suggested? I'd do it for y'all, but I don't have one. :)

This link doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have the printouts?

David

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back