Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

It's pronounced Ryan as said multiple times at Celebration Orlando. How you got arrogant or even bordering it out of those responses is beyond me.
Ok well I didnt see Celebration Orlando, if I did, I wouldnt have asked how to pronounce his name. Its beyond me that you dont feel the same way considering his response for moving Kylos scar, and this one. But hey, whatevs man. Obviously youre a fan of him, so we will see how it goes when the movie is released.

The RPF is getting a little too one minded lately as far as SW discussions. It's the definition of groupthink. There's plenty of room for people to disagree. You're allowed not to like any of the new movies you want, for whatever reason. Now if anyone wants to start a Disney Fanboy thread that's just for gushing on the new trilogy anyone is totally free to do that and not have to hear anything bad about those movies.
I think that was aimed at you Bryancd ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Imo not many things in life are perfect, like for example the casting in the prequels was mostly a disaster, the plot at the end of ep6 is beyond rubbish. I dont like Jar Jar much, but he does make me laugh a few times. Growing up i hated killjoy 3-PO, i loved it when he got shot. I didnt care much for whiney ***** surrender bitch Luke. I loved R2, Han & Chewie. While i like all the films, I dont expect to like everything in Star Wars, for me the films are fun escapism, adventure, blowing stuff up, cool effects, lightsabers, characters and creatures and i love them for that.

I loved TFA and R1. As for ep8 I like it so far, sure theres AT-AT's but if i was watching a WW2 film Trilogy id expect to see Tanks in action in at least one film. Ep8 has the potential to be the best Star Wars Film ever. Some fans think R1 allready is. Im going to watch it in 3D and as i sit in the cinema and the film starts im going to get goosebumps and be transported to

another
Galaxy
far far away...

But first its Aliens & Pirates of the Caribbean :D

Ok...we all got our say in. Let's move on people.

Next topic: Are we ever going to see Rey in a golden slave bakini? I'd say problem not, Carrie Fisher broke the mold after ROTJ. The modern climate is so PC and Disney so conservative I almost doubt we will see as much as a bare ankle...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Imo not many things in life are perfect, like for example the casting in the prequels was mostly a disaster, the plot at the end of ep6 is beyond rubbish. I dont like Jar Jar much, but he does make me laugh a few times. Growing up i hated killjoy 3-PO, i loved it when he got shot. I didnt care much for whiney ***** surrender bitch Luke. I loved R2, Han & Chewie. While i like all the films, I dont expect to like everything in Star Wars, for me the films are fun escapism, adventure, blowing stuff up, cool effects, lightsabers, characters and creatures and i love them for that.

I loved TFA and R1. As for ep8 I like it so far, sure theres AT-AT's but if i was watching a WW2 film Trilogy id expect to see Tanks in action in at least one film. Ep8 has the potential to be the best Star Wars Film ever. Some fans think R1 allready is. Im going to watch it in 3D and as i sit in the cinema and the film starts im going to get goosebumps and be transported to

another
Galaxy
far far away...

But first its Aliens & Pirates of the Caribbean :D

that is how you present a positive viewpoint ;o)

personally I am beginning to hope they go completely ridiculous just to **** off EVERYONE !!!!

Snoke is Rey who time traveled back and kidnapped herself , and is the one who stranded herself on Jakku . Del Toro is a time cop from another dimension who is here to destroy this tangent timeline . Luke has learned all this and is attempting to help him . .

we also find out Luke and his sis are actually the emperors children .

this trilogy ends with Rey and Del Toro traveling back and buying Anakin from the slavers as a baby and taking him to the Jedi temple to begin his training proper without the residual slave and mother issues .

the next six movies play out as a complete alternate universe remake of all the Lucas movies finally the end of episode ... umm what would it be ? XV I guess well it ends with us hearing

"George",
"George"
" come on your gonna be late on the first day ! "

with that we see a young George Lucas pulling a rag off his eyes in a bathtub all of these movies just being his ideas for star wars while he laid back relaxing in a tub before his first day of film school .

and Disney gets to remake them all yet again !!!!!!!!!!!

And, there it is. The old false argument that if you don't like something then it must mean that you're a racist, misogynist, sexist, kitten-killing neanderthal. It can't possibly be that a given work is utter crap. No. Not at all. It just means that the "brilliant" creative team behind the most recent failure are "victims" of bullying or sexism or any of a string of favored fall-back imagined offenses or "mico-aggressions" that they can become the standard bearer for instead of taking responsibility for producing detritus. After all, it's so much easier. Do the "Hollywood Victims" have jerseys, yet? They should. It's become their team sport. Haven't seen a drop of that in this thread aside from it being used by the Baghdad Bobs as the usual boring tactic to try and shut down dissent from the state-mandated group think. Can we at least invent new offenses to be victims of? "The sky is falling!" has been yelled out 1 million times too many, and people have called b.s.

Whoa, be careful, Bryancd. Archie Bunker is THIS CLOSE to calling you a meathead. He hasn't been this upset since the Jeffersons moved next door to him. Right, Arch?

personally I am beginning to hope they go completely ridiculous just to **** off EVERYONE !!!!

and Disney gets to remake them all yet again !!!!!!!!!!!

the sad part is, hollywood is crazy enough these days to do just that with the first sentence..

and give them time, they'll get around to doing the last one in another 10 years ;o)

I'm just wondering which recent films are seen as a failure to any more than say 5% of the audience. Enlighten me I'm curious.

Ben

Ghostbusters
Ben Hur
Deepwater Horizon
Moonlight (Nobody went to see it)
Keeping up with the Jones
Allegiant

Those are off the top of my head. I'm certain there are plenty more.

I'm just wondering which recent films are seen as a failure to any Moreau
than say 5% of the audience. Enlighten me I'm curious.

Ben

They all are, not just the new ones !
Lucas made the OT to teach the world to balance there spiritual and animalistic self's and therefore bring peace to the entire Galaxy!

When that did not work he made the PT to Warn us of the corruption of the governing powers that be and how close and easily it can all be taken over be evil interests . thus opening the worlds eyes and ending the stranglehold..... again bringing peace to the Galaxy !

When that did not work . George threw up his hands, sold his baby to the Devil, gave half his cash away and started his new career as a full time well paid rich person !

Same old story complete failure !

just like Fraggle Rock !

Maybe in time we can learn their true lessons !

And you know.......... peace will reign throughout the Galaxy !!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back