Spirit of ob1 Luke Shared stunt Version Lightsaber preparation group thread

I know this is a fairly radical departure from authentic, but I'm probably going to go for something like these images (should be three attached to this post). Does anyone know how to recreate the dark patches and streaks on the pics I attached? The streaks are the hard part. I have my own ideas about how to treat the copper section to bring it up to a more brass finish.

IMG_2196.JPGIMG_2215.JPGIMG_2218.JPG

I know this is a fairly radical departure from authentic, but I'm probably going to go for something like these images (should be three attached to this post). Does anyone know how to recreate the dark patches and streaks on the pics I attached? The streaks are the hard part. I have my own ideas about how to treat the copper section to bring it up to a more brass finish.

View attachment 709498View attachment 709499View attachment 709500
i freak'n love that!

- - - Updated - - -

as for the dark streaks, aluminum black and some 0000 steel wool. is it me, or does it look like that entire saber was clear coated, or they used some kind of polishing compound?

The saber in the pics is incredibly stylized. Proportions are wrong to make it more pleasing to the eye. But the weathering is wonderful and I can't wrap my mind around how they did it. No amount of Google searching "streak aluminum or steel" will return results. Maybe it is just all staged for a photo shoot, but I love it.

I ordered mine fairly bare bones; no clamp, no anodizing, no polish. I've got a clamp already but I still need to drill the holes, apply the tape, etc. I plan on weathering mine a fair amount and really tying to approximate the real deal. I also plan to try my hand at installing some electronics for light and sound. I've never done it before, so I'm a bit nervous but also excited to advance my skills some more. I'm really looking forward to this project and to seeing what everyone else does.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This saber is designed bridge the gap and was made in anticipation for Luke to wield a saber in TFA. Its like mash up of awesome with some great shared stunt elements. Having said that, This is what made me want to get in on this run so yeah I will be making a bit of a mash up saber.

i freak'n love that!

- - - Updated - - -

as for the dark streaks, aluminum black and some 0000 steel wool. is it me, or does it look like that entire saber was clear coated, or they used some kind of polishing compound?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back