Cyberman in FOAM!!! - WITH PATTERNS!!

Ran into a snag when I finished the torso. The head hole is to small to fit around my ears and I can't put it on. I'm thinking about popping the dream in the back and adding velcrow. What would recommend

There's a tricky way to do it, yes the center back seam could work, but to keep the shape of the body I recommend you don't cut the back open. Another option is opening the back and then gluing in a 1" strip, that should give you enough room in the neck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I also have this problem with the torso. A too small head hole. Could you explain your advice a bit more simplistic? Cause i don't really understand but that might be me being dumb

There's a tricky way to do it, yes the center back seam could work, but to keep the shape of the body I recommend you don't cut the back open. Another option is opening the back and then gluing in a 1" strip, that should give you enough room in the neck.

So what you're saying is if I pop the seam in the back use a strip of foam instead of velcrow?

Yes. It should give the neck hole the room you need, and still keep the body shape. But if you use good velcro, you can probably get away with that as well.

Yes. It should give the neck hole the room you need, and still keep the body shape. But if you use good velcro, you can probably get away with that as well.

Thanks for the advice. Also one question about the torso. Should I be able to put it on and take it off without help or does it require help.

Hello again! I'm just making my suit ready for the painting stage. Do you got any advide on how to paint the suit so it looks good? Or should i just spray the paint like you normally do?

Sry for the bad english!

Hey Wondersquid. I just registered to say, thankyou for putting up these plans!

I grabbed them almost a month ago and I've powered through the building process. It's my first time using EVA Foam and I've learned so much during construction. Especially since my body type is considerably different to the layout on the cutouts.

It's nowhere near perfect but I'm proud of what I've done so far.

I've now got detailing and the flipping helmet to do.

Progress.jpg

Nearly done with the suit. It should be done this weekend. Thanks for all the help i have gotten
through this post!
Do you guys have any tips on how to paint shadows on the suit?
17105324_1132339016874985_443948709_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hello again. I completed my suit last week and forgot to upload a pic.
I just have to say thank you for all the help that this thread has given me. As a first timer this experience was amazing. And i would love to build more Cyberman suits. I just have to wait until the Nightmare in silver templates comes out.
Anyway heres my suit. (I forgot to bring the waist part when i went to a comic con in sweden)
SiOVPlT.jpg

Hi, suit looks great was interested in the finger tips of the glove for another project were they your own design or could you share a link to them, thanks

This is such a brilliant thread, I definitely wouldn't have made this build of it wasn't for your fantastic templates and advice.

Here's my Handles the Cyberman, made from bits and pieces of foam and cardboard, with the templates altered slightly by hand to incorporate the damaged/exposed areas (hope you don't mind :p)
b631f4db8cc9bd56caadb16153dc7f10.jpg

Hi Wondersquid! It was a pleasure to meet you at Gallifrey One! Sorry it took so long but I'm finally posting a picture of my son and myself as Cyber Tourists on Vacation.
It was a pretty easy build using your patterns. I built the heads and forearms but didn't have time for the whole suit so we came up with the Tourist idea. One of these days I'll get back to this and build the complete suit. We had a fun time and people seemed to enjoy the idea as well.Gallifrey One Cyber Tourists.jpg

ngray21 so many questions...
I don't know why 12 bolts. Technically 8 should suffice.
The crotch understrap can be glued together, or you can use a piece of webbing strap to keep them together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back