ROGUE ONE - E11 blaster differences

I got my flashlight in today. I'm really happy with how it looks. One question: how do I turn it on? I tried double and triple A's but I can't seem to turn it on. Maybe it's not in right?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161103/5cde5ebc122102d6a698f84570941efd.jpg
I see you ordered the flashlight I linked you, looks good. I'm happy with mine too, it's accurate and has the correct button guard.
If anyone else is looking to buy one here is the link I ordered from; http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271922565258

It takes a 3v 123 battery.

Actually the full model number of the battery required is: "CR123A"
You will only need one single battery to operate the Element M300 Tactical Flashlight. It can be installed by unscrewing the button from the back, or by unscrewing the lens from the front.

Im a stickler for getting things as accurate a possible can any one comment on the accuracy of the whitearmor pipe E11 plans? There are free 3d files also but Im all ways usure how accurate they are and what they referenced to modle it. Im going to start building one and unsure how accurate the ones avaliable are. Im Going to model the extra details and use a pipe for the rest. Your thoughts would be very helpful http://www.haui.eu/userfiles/downloads/E11-Blaster_Drawing_PDF-A4.zip

Ps
I know there are differences between all movies so will account for what we know so far.

If you want to be as accurate as possible you'll need an S&T Airsoft Sterling or a resin cast of one. A pipe build will not be anywhere near this and most existing resin casts are based off a real Sterling, not the Airsoft gun used in Rogue One. I have already identified the parts used on the new Rogue One E-11 Blaster on the previous page of this thread.

Most troopers in the film use resin casts of these items as opposed to the real thing.

Airsoft S&T Sterling L2A1
Shepperton Design Studios power cylinders. (appears to be a resin cast)
M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope from Sherman M4 Tank (1943 version with wide front foot)
Hengstler 400 Counter Module (with plastic socket cover box not metal, and no eagle window)
Element M300 Flashlight (with non-scalloped button guard)
Custom scope rail (higher than ANH, screwed down on both front & rear end)
T-track for covering the receiver tube holes. (thicker than traditional T-track used on blasters and sabers)

Last edited:
MR @SlyFox You are a legend!
Thank you for those details layed out planly, Must have missed them. NZ is a bit like Canada when it comes to Gun (even airsoft) imports. If I can I will try get an S&T.

Odered the flashlight too. (EX191)

Last edited:
The closest rail I've been able to find is a G36 or G36C handguard rail.
They don't come in a 3-slot version though, so one would have to be cut down:
s-l1600.jpg

@SlyFox don't forget the weird rail for the flashlight! :)

Ugh a mystery, that one. One day we'll get it ID'd

Yes I'm aware it's not on my list, I have not yet been able to identify that part. Hopefully we will be able to pinpoint it. It could be a short weaver/picatinny rail, possibly for airsoft or paintball, or it could just be some obscure mounting bracket for something that the flashlight clamp fits onto, possibly modified.

Last edited:
Here are confirmed photos I found of the plastic Power Cylinders on a Shepperton Design Studios E-11 Blaster (taken from whitearmor)
Again these blasters sold by SDS are cast in plastic with dense foam filler.
72936_original.jpg73584_original.jpg72524_original.jpg74194_original.jpg73922_original.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, the Rogue One power cylinders have a few details that don't match those.

-The small diameter tips on the front of the power cylinders are longer on the R1
-The single screw on the SDS is further from the front edge of the base/bracket than the front-most of the pair of screws on the R1
-The base/bracket looks thinner than the rear cylinder caps on the R1 version, but the SDS has approximately the same thickness
-No discs backing the attachment of the little staggered detail cylinders on the R1, but the SDS has them

The left column below has two more shots of the R1 version:

28995279941_5ba01616fa_q.jpg
Penultimate version of prototype by themaninthesuitcase, on Flickr

It does seem like they might have been modeled on the SDS interpretation but I'm not certain they're exactly the same. What do you think?

Chris' version (themaninthesuitcase) are not 100% accurate, he admits that himself; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37744-suitcase-props-3d-printed-e-11-parts/?p=528760
Secondly the cylinders used in R1 are resin or rubber casts, they are not actual items taken off an SDS blaster. So they are copies that may or may not have been modified before recasting (ie: adding a second screw to stop from turning or moving). If you look at the base plate they are exactly the same obscure shape which is very unique to the SDS blasters, I've never seen that anywhere else ever. The other differences in dimensions that you indicated are negligible, again these are cast copies that may have even been modified. Also there is a huge variable of shrinking/expansion when casting Resin and Rubber depending on volume, temperature, ect, ect. This could also change the outcome of the cylinder casts used in R1.

I can't really imagine anyone making an imitation based off the SDS design, that E-11 is widely known to be a very inaccurate to ANH. But I could also be wrong on this, maybe someone in china used it as a base for their knockoffs thinking it was good reference. It's possible considering the website is called "OriginalStormtrooper.com" and considering many inexperienced beginners are drawn to his armor at first just because he produced the original screen used suits back in '76. It's all very deceiving but one trip to whitearmor.net and you'll quickly learn his armor and blasters are not very well received among the trooper community.

Last edited:
Hey, good observation. I'd been imagining the whole thing with a Y-shaped cross-section but we really only see the ends where the mounting screw holes are.

I believe this is the rail (it shows up on quite a few other blasters):

View attachment 683518

Unfortunately, despite having an image of it, I haven't been able to find the name of the rail (here's the source of that picture).

I found some airsoft specific rail that is rather close to the above. Will be a while before I can confirm as it's being shipped from China:

s-l400.jpg

Maybe someone can translate the acronyms and pick out the important ones but it's described as FCC Modular Rail For SMR1 Systema PTW.

I found some airsoft specific rail that is rather close to the above. Will be a while before I can confirm as it's being shipped from China:

View attachment 683528

Maybe someone can translate the acronyms and pick out the important ones but it's described as FCC Modular Rail For SMR1 Systema PTW.

That definitely looks to be accurate, and most likely the correct found part as it is also meant for airsoft just like the gun itself.
The only thing I'm unsure of is that the corners of the rail look to be cut at a 45 degree angle, where as the screen used one does not. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo playing tricks on my eyes, could you please confirm this when you receive it. Thanks
Where exactly did you source this part from?

Last edited:
It's likely a trick of perspective. The lower right image here is the most deceptive - it looks like the end is a flat 90 degree cut like you'd get from a bandsaw but looking at the top image that is obviously not the case. Maybe the huge zoom in these photos has thrown off much of any sense of depth.

rail.jpg

Take a look at your flashlight clamp - If the profile of the rail was not chamfered along its outer top edges, rail accessories would not fit since that is the profile of their clamp as well.

I found them by looking through ebay auctions for rail with a similar hole and slot pattern to the one Toa Quarax posted. Most 2" long rail pieces have 5 slots, so these with the extended slot-free sections on the ends and only 3 slots stood out.

Last edited:
Oh I know that. it's definitely chamfered like all rails are, otherwise no accessories would fit on it. I play mil-sim paintball and I own many weaver/picatinny rails and accessories so I know exactly how they work.
What I'm talking about is the corners of the rail looking at from the top, all 4 corners of the rail you found look angled at a 45 or almost rounded off even. Where as the rail on the Rogue One E-11 has rather sharp 90 degree corners.

Ahh I see what you mean now. If it ends up having rounded rather than sharp corners I suppose it will have to stand in as the closest possible until we can find the exact one :)

Still might just be an optical illusion from the angle of the photo, it's really hard to tell, but the screen used one does appear to have sharp corners both at the base of the rail and the weaver rail itself.

Well I found a photo taken directly from the top of what seems to be the same rails, the corners are definitely rounded on these. That's too bad...
G_Style_M_Rails__32732_zoom.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back