Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

You all talking about NOT wanting to board the Falcon or stand on it would likely eat those words if you were there in person. That thing is built to be walked on by a camera crew, dont worry about anything being broken. Camera crews are more likely to leave water bottles and trash siting around, its the grips that break and scuff everything. If I said I had seen a grip try and use an X-Wing cannon as a seat not once but twice would you believe me? Why break one when you can break two, someone else will find it and fix it...
Now, whats happened is security is doubled if not tripled and anyone caught will be prosecuted as opposed to simply being asked to leave. Something similar almost happened on Suicide Squad yet the culprits ended up being one of the actors friends. The actor physically destroyed both the parties cell phones they were recording and taking pictures with and they quickly left, work, or I should say lunch, continued. After that security was present on every set occupied or not. It just takes one person but in this instance, they got the goods. The fact they didnt rip anything apart for a souvenir does show they had some respect. 99% of people would be ripping something apart if they were alone. Even something tiny like a wire or screw. Say you wouldnt but that happens a lot.

Well, they're not gonna admit to taking/ripping anything off the set....doesn't mean they didn't take something, cause you know, 5+ years down the road, some piece of it is gonna end up on Ebay for some obscene cost

But I don't know how you can convict them or "assume" they did without proof. Unless something comes up missing. It's not a big secret set, it was already droned weeks ago and everyone knows what the Falcon looks like.

Well, they're not gonna admit to taking/ripping anything off the set....doesn't mean they didn't take something, cause you know, 5+ years down the road, some piece of it is gonna end up on Ebay for some obscene cost

But I don't know how you can convict them or "assume" they did without proof. Unless something comes up missing. It's not a big secret set, it was already droned weeks ago and everyone knows what the Falcon looks like.

Exactly. You can't say they didn't either. The falcon is covered with minute details which if ever is discovered missing or removed would be long after, if even noticed at all.

Looks like something's already missing from the back of the set.

.. (I'm not accusing anybody mind you!)

Or the designer moved it after scenic art painted it. Happens all the time

oh yeah I know, just found it amusing in the context of bits going missing! There's another circular greeblie to the right that seems to have shifted since the dirtying down was sprayed over it, so perhaps not all these bits are too well stuck down?

oh yeah I know, just found it amusing in the context of bits going missing! There's another circular greeblie to the right that seems to have shifted since the dirtying down was sprayed over it, so perhaps not all these bits are too well stuck down?
I totally get it.

I run a scene shop for opera and on one of the first shows we built, there was one balustrade not screwed into a stair case and it fell off mid-show.

But in the official publicity shot for the show (that hangs on the wall of the archives room) you can see the exact moment it started to tip over.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I really hope at some point, not necessarily in 8 or even 9, we get to see the KoR or some type of dark battle-trained force go head-to-head with a group of Jedi. We've never really seen that in SW and I think it would make for a cool scene. We sort of got it in the colosseum scene in the PT, but it was on a much larger scale and the action sequence and character design left a lot to be desired. I want a more grounded brawl with less laser-sword-ballet, dangly-braided-hair, and incompetent robots.

I really hope at some point, not necessarily in 8 or even 9, we get to see the KoR or some type of dark battle-trained force go head-to-head with a group of Jedi. We've never really seen that in SW and I think it would make for a cool scene. We sort of got it in the colosseum scene in the PT, but it was on a much larger scale and the action sequence and character design left a lot to be desired. I want a more grounded brawl with less laser-sword-ballet, dangly-braided-hair, and incompetent robots.

Except in the new canon Luke isn't allowed to have any trained Jedi (apparently)... I'm still hoping he didn't waste 40 years.

No, but he tried. And his story isn't over with yet, and I'm guessing he will be training at least Rey, if not more people in the ways of the force.

It seems to have been on a smallish scale, though, not industrial Jedi-minting, a la the old Jedi Order. Bloodlines suggests that after their parentage becomes public knowledge, the Republic is more-or-less cool with Luke doing his thing, as he's not trying to take over the galaxy. So I figure maybe a half-dozen students or so.

--Jonah

I thought someone from Lucasfilm, a week ago, said the whole temple attack thing wasn't canon?

It was a direct quote from the film. All that is in question is was the Knights of Ren in the rain we saw in the flashback that slaughter. I do t think so, those bodies don't look like Padawans. Jason, it's in the film and very clear, I don't get how you missed this.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back